Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock Faces Information Post

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone! Screenshot 2016-03-04 10.25.25.png

Now that Blaze is finding its way into the hand of our users, we thought we'd provide a bit more information regarding clock faces, and how you can interact with your Blaze in different ways! Here's the run down of the four default clock faces: 

Original: 

The time is shown in analog format using an hour-hand and minute-hand. Those dots that go around the circumference of the watch area indicate minutes of the hour. The step icon at the top of the screen is the primary statistic, which is displayed in the progress dial as well (the circle surrounding the clock). The icon at the bottom of the clock is your stat cycle, where you can tap the display to cycle through all of your primary stats for the day as well. 

Flare:

Flare consists of 3 main elements: time, date, and activity level. The Flare on the outside will follow the current minutes to the hour while also displaying the activity for the hour. The more you move in the hour, the further out the Flare will extent. Click here for more details.

Zone

This clock shows the time over a color-changing background that corresponds to your heart rate. The HR Stat, HR zone and date can be toggled with this clock face, meaning you can cycle through and see what you want to see.

Pop

With Pop, your clock-face will consist of 4 main elements: time, steps, HR, and calories. While your heart rate icon on this screen does not indicate HR zone (the HR circle is always full), both the steps and calories statistic will update to be reflective of your step/calorie burn goal for the day!

We hope this helps. As always, questions and feedback are welcome and appreciated. If you'd like to see new clock faces (or changes to existing ones), please add your vote/comments to this Feature Request with specific changes you'd like to see.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
481 REPLIES 481

@EmersonFitbit wrote:

Original: 

The time is shown in analog format using an hour-hand and minute-hand. Those dots that go around the circumference of the watch area indicate minutes of the hour. The step icon at the top of the screen is the primary statistic, which is displayed in the progress dial as well (the circle surrounding the clock). The icon at the bottom of the clock is your stat cycle, where you can tap the display to cycle through all of your primary stats for the day as well. 

What is the meaning of the different colors used for the progress dial (besides it turning entirely green when the goal has been met) ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@EmersonFitbit wrote:

Original: 

What is the meaning of the different colors used for the progress dial (besides it turning entirely green when the goal has been met) ?

It just changes as you get closer to the goal....just like on your app.  At 1/3 of your goal it turns yellow, 2/3 of your goal red, then green.  The circle progressively changes through those colors.

Best Answer

Why does the face on the Blaze not constantly show what time it is? 

It is becoming so frustrating to have to move my arm or push a side button just to see what time it is! Also, I must do the same during a workout. I can't see what my heartrate is or how many calories I have burned until I touch it. And when I do touch it, it usually pauses the workout! GRRRRR.

I am hoping for an update SOON!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateKing wrote:

Why does the face on the Blaze not constantly show what time it is? 

It is becoming so frustrating to have to move my arm or push a side button just to see what time it is! Also, I must do the same during a workout. I can't see what my heartrate is or how many calories I have burned until I touch it. And when I do touch it, it usually pauses the workout! GRRRRR.

I am hoping for an update SOON!

1 reason and it is the reason Fitbit probably will not allow it to stay on all the time, BATTERY LIFE.  The life would be drastically lower if it stayed on all the time.....then they would be inundated with complaints about the battery life not meeting the 5 days as advertised.

Best Answer

Why does the face not constantly show the time? I'm not a fan of always having to move my arm or push a side button to see what time it is or what my stats during a workout are. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateKing wrote:

Why does the face not constantly show the time? I'm not a fan of always having to move my arm or push a side button to see what time it is or what my stats during a workout are. 

You started a separate thread for this question and I game a response there, but others, including official fitbit reps may see it here, someone (moderator) should consolidate:

1 reason and it is the reason Fitbit probably will not allow it to stay on all the time, BATTERY LIFE.  The life would be drastically lower if it stayed on all the time.....then they would be inundated with complaints about the battery life not meeting the 5 days as advertised.

Best Answer

Im not a fan of having to charge my watch a couuple of times a day, i think that is why all watches with led displays turn their display off.

Best Answer

I agreed with you. Fitbit should not advertise the product with unavilable clock face. I am very disappointed with all four choices of clock face because they are very hard to read outside. I guess, Fitbit does not have experience for smartwatch products yet. The second thing, I really hate, I have to twist my wrist every time I want to read the time or date and sometimes I look like a fool because my blaze did not show the time when I twist my wrist. I have 45 days to return it at the Best Buy as an Elite Plus. I hope Fitbit will have an update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit firmware can be updated therefore the user can have a selection to keep the clock all times or on when you move your arm or twist your arm. The battery specification can still be kept as promise by the selection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Yorkie10 wrote:

The Fitbit firmware can be updated therefore the user can have a selection to keep the clock all times or on when you move your arm or twist your arm. The battery specification can still be kept as promise by the selection.

Yes, they probably could do it, but I would not expect it becasue it will open a door of complaints that they probably don't want to deal with.  It was advertised with up to 5 days battery, to compromise that will just be problems.....not to mention it would also greatly limit the lifetime of the battery.....which is not replaceable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody!

I was playing around with the clock interfaces, when after a final sync, the clock doesn't appear at all anymore. The first screen I see is the 'TODAY' icon.

How can I get my clock to display again!

Tried syncing over and over again without result

So frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try shutting down the watch in settings on the watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thak you for your information.

Doesn't work either.

I tried multiple times already. Guess it's a glitch in the system or maybe
incompatibility with my device, since I have a HUAWEI P8 lite. (Only the
Huawei P8 is mentioned as supported device). Bit sad because GPS connection
doesn't work either.

Guess this will be returned to sender
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Inge-V wrote:
Thak you for your information.

Doesn't work either.

I tried multiple times already. Guess it's a glitch in the system or maybe
incompatibility with my device, since I have a HUAWEI P8 lite. (Only the
Huawei P8 is mentioned as supported device). Bit sad because GPS connection
doesn't work either.

Guess this will be returned to sender

Try holding the left button and bottom right button for a few seconds for a hard-reset.  That should do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't want the time always on, and but I would like to see a setting that
would allow you to choose always on or current view.
Best Answer

No luck either.

Now trying to do a "replace", but that seems to take forever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HarleyRob66 wrote:
I don't want the time always on, and but I would like to see a setting that
would allow you to choose always on or current view.

Great idea, I like that though, maybe add it to the future request section so people can see and vote on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had that happen a couple weeks ago.  I changed to a different clock face then synced.  That resolved the issue for me.  Later I was able to change to any of the faces with no issues.

Best Answer
@Inge-V this has happ3ned to a few people, me including, go into your debice settings, either on the app or web, change the clock face, sync, then change it to the desired face and sync again.

@Yorkie10 if you do a search of yhe Feature Request forum you'll find that a request for exactly what you want has been posted. You are encouraged to add your vote. For me i find it unnecessary since the screen is on before my arm gets to where i can read it.

@KateKing i have to agree with @cenetti the Garmen has an LCD display like the Surge, and this type of display uses an extreamly low amount of power, and does not have its own light. This is unlike the Blaze which is basically like a small led tv screen.
Best Answer