Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected GPS?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I see that GPS is not included in the new Blaze but that it can have have "Connected GPS" in conjunction with the FitBit App.  Could someone please describe this process and how it impacts the recorded data?  I currently have a Charge HR and if I active the GPS tracker on the App, none of the steps that I take during that exercise count in my challenges as they could be "erroneous data."  As much as I'm interested in a Blaze, the ability to GPS track my runs will make or break my purchase decision.  (If my tracked runs don't count in challenges, then the data is inaccurate and unacceptable.)

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

I would think the steps would be accurate. The GOS does not count steps, monitors tour path walked and distance. 

Without tge GPS the distance would be calculated by the steps times the stride, this is the same with all trackers.

Best Answer

@FSUHugs I use Android so I will explain it from an Android users point of view. I'm sure it's very similar for iOS users as well.

1. I unlock my phone and turn on my "location" as I typically have it off to conserve phone battery.
  2. Put phone back in pocket as I won't need it again.
  3. Go to "Exercise" menu on Blaze and select "Walk, Run, Hike, Bike"
  4. Blaze shows "Connecting to Phone..."
  5. Blaze connects, then says "Let's Go!"
  6. Press the "Play" button and the time begins to count and that's it.
  7. When I'm done with activity, press pause, then Finish flag on Blaze display.
  8. Syncs over to app, done.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Simplicity itself @ErickFitbit. Can't wait.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I gotta say, it's awesome! I love it as I don't have to fumble around with my phone, it's all on my wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit

Sounds easy. Can't wait.

Best Answer

@matt9013 Painless and easy all at the same time. My kind of feature. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been using "connected GPS" on my Apple Watch for about 8 months now. Works great, really easy, only need to interact with watch. From ErickFitbit's description I'd expect the Blaze to be the same.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes