Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Can't clear temperature Screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
After updating and switching phones my Fitbit Woodstock tracking. I cleared it, it kept happening, so I cleared it again. At that point the thermometer / temperature screen pops up every time I would press a button. I charged it for an hour while checking on it to make sure the temperature wasn't an issue, it still stays the same. It was never exposed to any extreme temperatures cold or hot. Please help my Blaze is only 2 weeks old!
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ricochet sounds like a good idea to keep this in mind, several have mentioned that just being in a desert was enough to shut the Blaze down. 

Maybe a light long sleeve top would be enough, it also could help cool the body. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Im confused. The Blaze does not have a tempature Screen.

Can you please take a picture and post it?

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know it doesn't, I'm as confused as you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Fitbit support, that is unusual if you aren't in extremely hot conditions like a desert, or setting in a hot car and then putting on your wrist.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Blaze, Surge and maybe the other Fitbits have thermometers and if the temperature gets to hot our cold the will shut down, displaying a warning.

I would try a restart of the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did this problem ever get fixed?? I'm having the same problem now!
Best Answer

@Abbyspitler Electronics like smartphones and the Blaze are sensitive to operating temperature, if you leave it out in the hot sun it may overheat and then the onboard temperature sensor will shutdown the device to protect it.

Take it out of the sun and try a restart like Rich_Laue suggested above your post. If that doesn't work contact support.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bbarrera Thanks for the great advice! 

@Abbyspitler Welcome to the Community! As @bbarrera mentioned, you should contact Customer Support if you're still getting this error, so they can see what options they have for you. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow... Thanks for this information, as I work outside in Las Vegas, NV.  I'll definitely keep an eye on this issue.  So far, all is good!  

Best Answer

@Ricochet sounds like a good idea to keep this in mind, several have mentioned that just being in a desert was enough to shut the Blaze down. 

Maybe a light long sleeve top would be enough, it also could help cool the body. 

Best Answer

So I just got this screen. It shows that there is ice forming on the thermometer. It is 70 degrees here today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cas13 can you post a picture? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I now have the same problem the overtemp icon is the only thing I can get out of my blaze for the last 12 hours. I have tried a restart and charging. It will not sync my phone cannot find it and it is was and has always been cool. I have worn this watch through an AZ summer and I work outside and did not have over heat problems with it then. The icon set on my wrist in the evening at a 70 degree ambient.

After setting out all night it is still there. This is a complete failure and I will contact fitibit for warrenty options

Best Answer

Since November I got the same problem with my blaze.

It stops randomly, gives to cold errors, and is periods not responsive. Measurements are not correct.

Is there a problem with an update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @HenkvTB! You may want to change your environment and attempt to perform a a restart. If you keep having this issue, let me know. 

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Sylvia

The temperature is between 9gr Celsius (outsite) and 21gr Celsius inhouse.
Restarts have not solved the problem. When I wakeup in the morning (at 6:00) the Blaze stopped and after restart the time is 23:xx. I go to sleep around 22:00.
Sleep is then also not recognized.
At 7:00 the Blaze stopped again and is not responding to anything.
This happened often since November. Battery charging, connecting to phone and stop and start doesn’t help

Met de vriendelijke groeten,

Henk van Tent Becking EMIM MCM CMC

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me @HenkvTB! I appreciate that you've mentioned you've already performed the restart and the environment seems normal. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, check your inbox. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing while in Hawaii and now does nothing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep that is exactly what I got

Best Answer
0 Votes