Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess Calendar Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

We're aware of the issue with excess calendar notifications being sent to Blaze. Our team is working on a fix, so please be patient! Thanks to everyone that reported this.

I'll update the thread when I have more information. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

Hi Everyone,

I've been having issues with my calendar notifications.

When I set my calendar to notify me of appointments, it doesn't remind me just once, but it keeps reminding me througout the entire day of this appointment i've had. 

E.g. I work 8:30 - 4:30, and i put in an apointment in my calendar. 

My device will constantly remind me a few times an hour about my apointment.

Any ideas?

I'm running iOS 9.2.1 on an iPhone 6. All software is up to date.

Best Answer

@triplecork88 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Notifications will be deleted automatically after 24 hours or if your tracker is restarted. If you don't want it to remind you throughout the day; try to swipe the notification to the right, as that will delete it. 

Try that out and let me know if that resolves the problem! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having issues with the calendar also.  I have many calendars on Google and so they all get combined to my phone.  Now I have an 'all day' event at the top of the day and then I have 2 meetings today.  I got the same 'all day' notification right before each meeting today.  But I never got the meeting notifications.  So I am not sure if it is repeating the 'all day' event notification for each meeting, instead of the actual notification of the meeting.  

This is confusing!

Best Answer
Same issue here. Even after swiping the event it continues to alert me.
Best Answer

Did this get answered for you?  I'm having the same problem.

Best Answer
No

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Ya I'm waiting for an answer too. Swiping does nothing. Super annoying.
Best Answer

I am having this same problem. It has annoyed me so much that I have just turned off the calendar notification. Which I really did not want to do that because I really need them, but I only need to be reminded once, not multiple times, all day long.

Best Answer

Hi SantiFitbit, thanks for your reply - this issue still hasn't been solved.  The notification keeps repeating itself, which can be frustrating since I feel like each buzz is one less minute of battery life lolol

Sorry for the delayed reply everyone, I lost the link to the thread and only recently got it when it was emailed to me... 

Best Answer

This is starting to piss me off!  At one time I was seeing notifications, as a meeting came up.  But now I started getting a notification '4 events' and a list of things on my calendar.  Now I get this every hour or so, even when I have a new meeting come up.  I swipe, and turn off my blaze...yet it keeps comeing back.  If you ask me this is something in your software that is not freeing up memory of our calendars.  Even turning off the blaze doesn't work, then this has become a serious bug fix.  I like the blaze, but if you read through these forums, almost everyone who bought the device has issues.  This will crush, fitbit if this isn't fixed asap.  I love the blaze, but seriously this thing can't even do the basic stuff of keeping track of my calendar?!!  So what is next in the procedures of trying to fix this? Factory reseting my phone?!!! 

Best Answer

I agree 100% with HarleyRob66, except I forced myself to be more diplmoatic when punching words in the keyboard lol (not so much when I kept seeing the notifications pop up).  It's hard not to sailor swear when it's a persistent error on the device. 

Is there an idea when we'll get an update to fix this issue?

Best Answer

At least acknowledge that it's a fault and tell us you're working on it.  That's better than leaving us with no response at all.  I love fitbit as a company, and i'm sure you're working on it, but let us know you are so we aren't getting angry from not getting responses. 

Best Answer
I had to remove the Blaze connection and reconnect, it appears to have
worked. But I shouldn't have to do that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Depends on if the event is currently still going on or not.  Yes, reconnecting it all together will clear it, but it will come right back on as long as you are in the events time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to chime in here, I had this problem yesterday with a Facebook event that was setting off repeated notifications sometimes only a minute or two apart. I too ended up turning off calendar notifications. I hope this gets fixed since I really like my Blaze and this would be a useful feature if the bugs can be worked out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think I noticed that when you have an all day event the calendar software
on the Blaze shows events for the last couple days and repeats them every
hour. This is on Google calendar. It makes no sense that these guys didn't
test all this out! What fitbit? You think your Microsoft and can just put
out a new version of Windows and fix the bugs later?! I have never seen a
product this bad other then windows before.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's really frustrating that you have to turn off the calendar notification because of this problem. I hope they fix this soon because I like the idea of being reminded about my calendar appointments. I don't like having it repeat all day long. I hate to say it, but I am starting to feel like I should have just gone with the Apple Watch even though it is not as robust when it comes to Fitness tracking! Fix it Fitbit!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I started experiencing this problem too after having the blaze for 12 days. I think maybe it happened after I accepted the fitbit app update. I restarted both my Fitbit Blaze and Samsung Galaxy S5, turned off and on the calendar notification on the tracker and fitbit app but they did not work. Pleas fix this as it's very annoying or I'm thinking of to return my tracker tomorrow, the last day I can return it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  Just started today and it's wicked annoying!

Best Answer