Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess Calendar Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

We're aware of the issue with excess calendar notifications being sent to Blaze. Our team is working on a fix, so please be patient! Thanks to everyone that reported this.

I'll update the thread when I have more information. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

I have the same problem. Swiping does not delete it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope that they are going to fix it. It is such a problem that I want to turn notification off and that is one reason I bought this particular Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for working on the excessive calendar notifications!!!!
Best Answer

Please please please fix this asap. I received ~30 notifications today for a single calendar entry. I have disabled the feature for now.... The feature was a major selling point for the Blaze and I would really like to be able to use it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

...having trouble with this too!!.. just fyi de connected the device.. turned everything off and on again... re connected the device... it worked for one day and then went back again to multiple notifications... 

Best Answer

Why are you still letting consumers purchase a defective product when you've known about the problem since March? This makes me, your consumer, not trust your brand; which is very bad for business. I just bought a Blaze (June11) and am already incredibly annoyed with multiple calendar notifications after one day. I feel completely duped now that I've read all the other complaints. When an issue is this prevalent you should either be honest with your consumers by enforcing a notice on your product page and that of your retail partners (I purchased on Amazon); or you pull the product until you find a solution.  Learn from other great brands - consumers respect honesty.

Best Answer

What version firmware is on the Blaze? 17.8.200.3?

If not then contact fitbit to get the latest version releasedto you,

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there an update on this? The last response from Fitbit was over a month ago. I'm close to selling my Blaze since the constant calendar notifications are incredibly irritating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

What version firmware is on the Blaze? 17.8.200.3?

If not then contact fitbit to get the latest version releasedto you,

That's the version I have, 17.8.200.3.  Literally getting the same calendar notifications 20+ times a day. Had to shut off notifications, not sure how to shut off only calendar alerts. Such a bummer.

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer

@sarahwhatsup wrote:
Is there an update on this? The last response from Fitbit was over a month ago. I'm close to selling my Blaze since the constant calendar notifications are incredibly irritating.

I had to turn off notifications, which is a huge bummer as that was part of the reason I went with the Blaze in the first place. To turn off, down-swipe from main screen.

Calendar notifications can be turned off from phone app.

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Evenstar Are you using Google calendar? Seems to be the source of the problem for most users.

Also, there's an option to only turn off calendar notifications in your settings. You don't need to turn off all notifications.

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Turning off calendar notifications isn't a solution, just a workaround. Is Fitbit planning on releasing a fix for this issue soon?
Best Answer

@sarahwhatsup I didn't suggest it as a workaround, I was clarifying that it is an option in the settings. I know a fix will be coming in a future firmware release, but I don't know when exactly that will be.

Are you using the native calendar app?

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndrewFitbit wrote:

@Evenstar Are you using Google calendar? Seems to be the source of the problem for most users.

Also, there's an option to only turn off calendar notifications in your settings. You don't need to turn off all notifications.

No, I use Microsoft Outlook for Mac version 15.19.1, as well as Outlook 365 when I can't access my company's network.  Calendar and email are also linked to my iPhone 6. 

Turned calendar notifications off, thanks for the heads-up. Still a bummer, calendar is key for my job - and I'm never really off the clock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sarahwhatsup wrote:

Testing a theory: are your excess calendar notifications for meeting requests you have not replied to?  I just noticed all of mine from yesterday were for three pending invites, not for anything I have already accepted. 

Turning calendar notifications back on to test.  I still don't want to get the same reminder over and over until I have time to get to my computer, but at least it may get to the root of the cause.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Evenstar Ah I see. I rely on my calendar for work too so it'd be nice for this to be fixed. All I know at this point is that a fix will be released eventually. Smiley Frustrated

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndrewFitbit wrote:

@sarahwhatsup I didn't suggest it as a workaround, I was clarifying that it is an option in the settings. I know a fix will be coming in a future firmware release, but I don't know when exactly that will be.

Are you using the native calendar app?

Not sure if the native calendar app question was meant for me. Yes, I use the native calendar app on my iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Andrew,

Just checking in on a fix for this.  Any idea when we'll see an update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is really getting annoying, They need to fix this soon.

Best Answer

It's mid-July and there still isn't a fix for this even though this problem has been known about for 5 months, that's just rediculous. I bought a blaze so I could have notifications. I'd like a date as to when it will be fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes