Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess Calendar Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

We're aware of the issue with excess calendar notifications being sent to Blaze. Our team is working on a fix, so please be patient! Thanks to everyone that reported this.

I'll update the thread when I have more information. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121
Mine started yesterday.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just bought mine yesterday and I've been having this same problem all day today. It got so bad that it would send the same appointment notification every two minutes. It didn't matter that I cleared them or that my phone had stopped notifying me. So now I have that notification feature turned off but this sucks because I really like having this feature.

Please fix, Fitbit!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my Alta. It is buzzing constantly. It's driving me nuts. I contacted Fitbit support and got a reply that did not solve the problem. Ready to return the device for a refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Eureka! It has finally stopped and works perfectly for me! All I had to do was disconnect my device on the app, restart my tracker & my phone (just to be safe), and when both were back on I reconnected my blaze and everything works greats now! Yay!!!
Best Answer

How do you restart your tracker? You mean just shut it off and turn it back on or did you have to reset it?

Erin Scoggins

Moderator Edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes
No what I mean is go to the app, select the device (i.e. Blaze), scroll to the bottom of the page to where it says (usually in red) "Remove this Blaze" and select that. Then, I restart both my phone (or if you're using a computer, then that) and my Blaze. (On the Blaze, if you go to settings it has a "shutdown" button to restart it.) After both the device and the phone/computer are turned on again, go to the app and set up the Blaze again—as if you just pulled it out of the box and are connecting for the first time—and this time it should work! 🙂 Hope that isn't too confusing.…
Best Answer

Ok got it!!! Thanks so much. I will try that now. Fingers crossed. I love my Blaze and really want this to work!

Erin Scoggins

Moderator Edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you change the frequency of the calendar notification?  I have ios and my calendar goes off every few minutes even during the event.  I only want one or 2 but not 20+!  I like the calendar notification, but it is annoying that I get so many.  I hope that you can change the frequency, otherwise I would turn this off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had the blaze for a while and I'm getting repeated calendar notifications. Sometimes even up to 2 hours after the event. I've done everything as far as resets, any suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, no solution.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not possible to do that @girafferjk

Feel free to add your suggestions to the 'Feature Requests' Sub Forum, where users can vote, add comments,.. if there's a certain interest then there's a chance the developers pick it up and it'll be developed.

Important to prevent duplicates Search if the idea already has been suggested and add your vote / comment! Smiley Wink

Feature Suggestions

URL: Click / Tap to open the Feature Requests Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @mikelbrady and @DibaSr. The calendar notifications will be deleted automatically after 24 hours or if you Restart your Blaze. If you don't want it to remind you throughout the day, try to swipe the notification to the right and they will be deleted. 

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
I appreciate the response, but it's not helpful. I have restarted the Blaze. My notifications don't disappear after after 24 hours but that's a different point. What happens on my Blaze is repeated notifications even 3-4 hours after the event. I have even swiped and it still happens.

Matt Abid, Sr
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  My Blaze continues to remind me even after swiping right.  I have to go into the calender and physically remove the reminder, then the fitbit will stop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I moved a bunch of posts to this thread, so be sure to check out the lead post if you haven't already.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Andrew, we are all anxious to hear the solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last night I received five spam messages on my Fitbit Blaze. They started "Ticket: Cinco de Mayo" and then went on to say traffic was light and to come down to Mary Brickell Village, a local shopping/entertainment complex. My Blaze is set to notify me of calls, texts and calendar entries, but there were no corresponding text messages on my phone, and I had no calendar entry of any kind for the day. The messages were pure spam and the only way I finally stopped them was to turn off notifications completely. Where are these messages coming from and how are they getting to my Blaze? They were extremely annoying and I do not want this to happen again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mysterious that its possible to get those spam messages from a unknown source.

Feel free to contact the Fitbit Support Team (Click / Tap here to contact) so they can be aware about and can look into what's causing this.

Wishing a wonderful day & weekend

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are they also working on a fix for multiple text message notifications? My blaze sends 2 notifications to my galaxy S4 for every new text.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I purchased this model because of the text, calendar and other notifications. Do you have a time period when these problems will be corrected?

Best Answer
0 Votes