Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Blaze Heart Rate Monitor not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My heart Rate monitor simply stopped working, I cleaned it and changed it to the other arm, still no results...

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

Will that clean the sweat out of it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did try that and no luck. However I did start reading again when I went into settings and turn it on instead of auto. No my worry is the battery life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t have an issue till I started working harder. I think that might be my problem but customer service gave me more links and the same advice. I think it will slowly die 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion but when this dies if it does, I’m going to Apple. 

Best Answer

Yep this worked for me. I'm not exactly sure how or why it got turned off but it was off. Its working now. Thanks for the help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So say they are going to replace it! I was shy of a few days of begin over my warranty. My problem is solved but I feel like this watch should last longer than a year : / idk just my thought I spent over 250.00 for it. 

Best Answer
Totally agree with you.  Cost too much to be lasting for such a little time.  My replacement is still kicking.  Fingers crossed. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Hey guys, hope you all are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix the heart rate sensor issue you are experiencing, it's great to hear that for some of you this has been resolved and have received a replacement or your Blaze started working again.

For the ones that still have this issue, have you tried to restart your trackers? If you haven't, I recommend restarting them by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

If you have already tried this without result, let me know. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

Can I add another HR problem to this pile?

Progressively worsening over the past couple of months, now at a point of no Auto HR sensing. Functions fine when sensor is 'on', but battery drains after 1 day - so its not workable.

When set to auto, I get the both lights flashing every second or so, not the constant flicker that is normal.

Really disappointed as I am a big fan of the HR function.

I've tried:

Change settings via app and watch.

Reset with two button method.

Switch off from watch.

Re-pair with phone.

Anything else to try?

Unfortunately I think it will be out of warranty. I think purchased in mid-late 2016?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heart rate sensor board got wet.  From your description it looks like U1, a dual mux switch, has failed.  It is very close to the sensor window and is vulnerable to sweat exposure when the HR sensor window cracks and fails. 

Analog Devices ADG772

The part is available at Digikey Electronics.  It is a difficult part to replace however.

Another much easier option is to buy a FitBit with a broken screen and swap rear covers.

Best Answer
Thank but they replaced it 🙂 I’m happy for now but these smart tracker are spendy to just be useful for one year. Thank you for your help I’ll flag this post Incase I need again. Although I see an apple in my future.

Thank you,
Araceli
Best Answer

resetting it worked .... thx

Best Answer

This is the exact same as my Blaze.  The HR is frozen at 70.  It did not get wet. I have reset it numerous times. I have cleaned the sensor. I have let the battery run down completely for three days hoping it would clear the cache? I then let it charge fully and reset it. Still it does not track. I have turned the Blaze off then on again When the heart rate is on it is frozen at 70. The sensor are constantly blinking, but still no heart rate.

Best Answer

This was a great help and worked like a charm! Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello, 

I'm also having trouble with my HR monitor. Currently, I can't get the lights to turn on no matter what I do. I've tried re-setting with the buttons and with the app, and I've tried switching the HR setting from Auto to On. My watch is running the latest OS. I've re-set the watch and synced more times than I can count.I seem to get intermittent lights. A flash here and there, sometimes a few hours worth, sometimes sleep tracking but other times not.

I wanted to remove the device from my account to re-install, but I'm scared to because there is no longer a 'pair' option under settings. 

Suggestions? 

Best Answer
Hello
You are one of SEVERAL PEOPLE having this issue...I was fortunate enough to have my Blaze still under warranty. The heart rate monitor seems to be an issue that needs to be looked into . Once it stops working
It leads to several other issues that ultimately has the fit bit stop working all together. The disturbing part is that fit bit has dropped the ball with several customers and is only offering a 10-20% Discount if you purchase a new device.i wish I had an answer but hopefully fit bit will see the errors if there ways and send customers a replacement until the issue is resolved.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi, mr HR stopped working a few days ago, both lights not on. Tried turning heart rate on and off on the app and watch and also reset and turned the watch off and on again but still not working...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. It worked. I pressed left and right bottom one and it started working 

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra

I am having problems with the HR function on my Fitbit Blaze, I suspect it got too wet.  I have tried doing resets and ensured that the HR function in the app is set to on or auto.

I don't see the green lights on the back being lit up.

What are the next steps in getting the HR function working?

Thanks

Steven

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like there's a malfunction,  if your lights are not coming on.  If you've completed all of the resets, without success, contact Fitbit.  They may replace your tracker.Good luck!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes