Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Blaze. The set up was fine until I started charging it. The battery icon never showed on the screen. I also have a Charge and it charged using the same computer an hour before. Anyone have a problem charging the Blaze?

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

Best Answer
158 REPLIES 158

Having the same problem. Got mine in the mail today and trying to charge it. I don't get the large icon and it doesn't appear to be charging. I've tried multiple USB's.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @MarnieM33 @4health4! Do you see anything when you place the tracker into the cradle? If your Fitbit Blaze is not charging, I'd verify you have correctly inserted into the cradle. You can use these instructions for this matter.

When you place it in the cradle the tracker should show something like in the following image, which it means that is charging (it will only appear for 15 seconds and you can leave your tracker there while charging):

IMG_20160227_123409.jpg

When you tap the tracker, it will show the tracker current display. The interaction while the tracker is into the cradle will depend on the clock face you have choosen. However, you should still be able to see the battery charging status at the left upper part of the screen:

IMG_20160227_123520.jpg

You will be able to bring the big battery icon back by taking the Blaze out of the cradle or unplugging it from the USB port.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

While in the charger and the clock displaying, i see a battery indicator in the top left.

My feeling if the charging battery doesnt show, first make sure that the contacts are lined up. And try a known good usb port or phone charger. A little alcohol and a q-tip, i use white paper(no fuzz), to clean the contacts. It could, but unlikely, be a bad charging cable.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought two and one is working fine but the other wont charge either. Have tried both cradle chargers and still nothing.
Best Answer

If restarting the tracker doesn't help, then it would be time to reach out to CS

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had noticed that under your first post it said "sent from my ipad"

Since you bought 2 to units, one charges and the other doesn't, and the one unit works in both chargers,  the other one does not work in either.

Do a restart fix the offending Blaze?

If it did not then please reach out to Fitbit. Let them know that you restarted the Blaze and that you have 2 units that you troubleshot with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Has anyone figured out what is wrong. Mine doesn't charge ether.
Best Answer
I got my blaze yesterday. I went to charge it and it doesn't do anything when on the cradle. I had on the charger all night and it's not taking a charge. Do I just need a new cable or what. And j have tried 4 ports to charge from. One on the computer and another three are charging blocks.
Best Answer

@Ladychaos over moved your post to the main thread on this subject. 

Please read my answer that can be found right above your previous post. My advice hasn't changed, a restart will either correct it or not correct it. If several usb ports snd a nine good phone charger have been tried, their is no other option but to contact Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay. The I just have to wait for them to respond to my email then.
Best Answer

@Ladychaos wrote:
Okay. The I just have to wait for them to respond to my email then.

It may seem a daft question but have you actually added, updated and synced your Blaze. If you only got it yesterday, it shouldn't need charging. When you first get it, if you put it in the block before doing the above, it does just sit there in the block doing nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It did not help because I do not see the battery. I kee seeing the setup screen. I set the fitbit in the cradle and close the lid. No batter symbol and not charge.

Best Answer

I am and it is driving me crazy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@bsoden see my post above to @Ladychaos. If you're seeing just the startup screen the Blaze needs to be setup completely first, with update applied. Sticking it in the cradle and plugging in will have no affect on the setup screen
Best Answer
0 Votes
Having the same issue here, problem is that my unit did not ship with enough charge to update, keeps telling me it needs to be charged first but the darn thing won't charge till update?
Best Answer

Yep, same here.  Did not have enough battery to update the firmware, and it would not charge. Solution was to return it. New one should be here tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey guys, just an update, finally got mine working, I took the device out of the charger till it died (2mins) then I plugged it into my USB wall charger for my iPhone, left it over night, plugged back into PC and was final able to update it!
It's all working good now
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to finally get it to set up by restarting a few times.  I think that even though the battery symbol wasn't showing it was charging.  After the set up it charged with no issue. 

Best Answer