Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze receives multiple text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone, I have a LG V10 and have just received the Fitbit Blaze.  I'm having trouble with the mulitiple text messages that is being sent to my phone.  Even if I delete the messages from my Blaze it will send the same message at least 3 to 4 extra times.  On my phone I am using Go Sms Pro as my default messaging app and have never had an issue with it before.  Is there anyone else that is currently having this issue....please help.

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

Cannot answer your question in regards to your phone, but I did notice yesterday that my Fitbit alerted me at least 4-5 times with my calendar reminder, even after clearing it on the Blaze.  I don't get duplicates on any other alerts, but this calendar one I did.

I am using an iPhone 6s

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  Every text message notification is sent 2-3 times. Im using Textra on a Glaxy Note 5.

Best Answer

I have a galaxy note 5 and I'm using the verizon message+ app.  I have consistently and without fail received 2 notifications per message received.  I understand that this device was just released to the wild but since this appears to be the only issue I've noticed...I've had it less than 24 hours...not bad.  Seems like it should be an easy fix.

Best Answer

I get at least two notifications on my Blaze for every text message I receive on my phone. Sometimes I get four or five notifications for the same text. This happens for calendar notifications for me as well. I'm using Textra on a Galaxy Note 4. 

Best Answer
Whew! I was worried it was just me. I am having a similar issue on my Nexus 5. Multiple text message notifications, but I get 3-5 calendar notifications. Hopefully this is an easy fix and they can release a patch soon.
Best Answer

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and use Textra and am getting 2 notifications for each message/alerg. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Best Answer
No one seems to have a solution just yet
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is doing the same with Galaxy S5
Best Answer

Samsung Galaxy S6. Mine is doing it too, was hoping someone had a fix.

Best Answer

@RGriffin wrote:
No one seems to have a solution just yet

Solution? The only solution is to have a developer come on and say "sorry it's a bug and will be fixed in 48 hours." Don't hold your breath. I've yet to see anyone respond from Fitbit.

Best Answer
Same issue with galaxy s4. Started as two notifications per text and it's now starting to do three.
Best Answer

Just got my Blaze.  Getting several notifications per text message.  Sometimes 2, sometimes up to 4 or 5.  Would be nice to get some kind of idea that Fitbit is working on an update that will fix this.  

Best Answer

Same problem with my Blaze for text message and calendar event notifications. I'm using it with an HTC One M8.

Best Answer

@Rabn,

Many people are having issues using the Message+ app.  Most of us receive the notification that a Text arrived from X, but we are missing the actual message text that was sent to us.   Are you seeing the message text in your messages, or just the alert that a text message arrived?

This is well known problem, but curious you didn't message it. 

the only fix currently is to force us to move off of Message+ to the standard messaging or other working messaging app. 

Best Answer
no, I do not see message text on the Blaze just the notification. Hopefully
Verizon and Fitbit will work together to figure it out.

viruses found. www.avast.com

<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

I forgot to mention in my earlier post...I am using a Verizon Note 5 and Textra.  

A couple of other things.  I understand that a third-party app called bitticker recently pulled their app because Fitbit has pulled their access to some things in order to allow their app to work.  From my understanding, the app allows just about all notifications that you would receive on your phone to be shown onto your watch.  That includes multiple texting platforms as well as mail accounts.  I don't understand if the capability is there for the watch to perform these functions, why not make them available to the customers?

I am also not very impressed with the touchscreen on the watch.  The watch face I was using allowed me to touch the screen to cycle through the different data on the watch.  Sometimes it would work as it should...sometimes I will have to touch the screen multiple times in order to get the screen to change.  The exercise part of the watch I have no complaints with.  The problem is, I could have purchased a smaller, less expensive band to get the same thing.  The reason people are interested in this watch is because of the smartwatch capabilities.  I am not impressed that Fitbit has not come out at least stating that they are aware of the issues and they are working on a patch or something.  Right now, I am considering returning the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

S6 and using Textra.....same issue.  Always recieve the same text twice.

Best Answer

I'm using Galaxy S6 and the Bithicker app lets any message from other apps that you selected.  It works as long as you select bitthicker notifications for the text notifications only

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bitticker is no longer on sale per their website.  They advise "Sadly we can confirm that Fitbit have blocked all call notifications except incoming calls from the dialer. For some reason they have left in the option to select call notifications from third party apps. Please note that they have not blocked bitTicker specifically, all apps you can select in the UI are blocked.

Fitbit have confirmed that they have no intention of reverting the change. If you are unhappy with the change, please direct complaints to Fitbit inc via Google Play or their website."

http://bitticker.newimage.io/

I actually purchased it two days ago before they removed it but got a refund because the thing went crazy and didn't show me any information but rather just vibrated and said I had a text message.  

Best Answer
0 Votes