Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit blaze buttons not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
So I've had my Fitbit blaze for about a month and it's been great but today I went to go back from the 'Today's stats' screen and the back button wouldn't work. I let it turn off and tried using the select buttons to turn it on but they didn't work either. Is this a common issue or is it something that can easily be solved?
Before you tell my to try restarting it, I can't because the buttons don't work at all, I've also plugged it in and that's done nothing, although it did take me back to the clock face.

Thx in advance for your help!
Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

You may have the watch module in upside down (top to bottom)

Best Answer
I'm not that stupid😂 Lol
I took it out of the frame and tried and still nothing.
Best Answer

Hey there! Did you find the solution to your problem? My buttons just stopped working today as well. 😞 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @luvsoftball9@DeadCrazy and @SunsetRunner thanks for stopping by and the recommendation. Now, if your buttons are not working, you may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button.

If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the tracker and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

i tried both of those suggestions and they still do not work 😞 

Best Answer

Thanks for the information @luvsoftball9, if the recommendation provided didn't work, feel free to contact our Support Team, I know they will be glad to provide you with a solution. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat. 

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Blaze for 6 weeks and my back button is also not working now.   I've tried cleaning out the buttons with a toothpick and with an even finer needle.  No dust came out so I figure it was clean (as I expected) but it still does not respond.     I'm not happy about having to return it as I'll have to be without one for who knows how long. 

Best Answer
You have my empathy but there is nothing I can do. I do not work for Fitbit. I am a just a user. However as a suggestion you might see if you can arrange for a cross shipment of a replacement, with a credit card guarantee as I suspect that they do not individually repair each owner device but sent out a reconditioned or new one. I have used this method with other electronic products and many companies are amenable to this arrangement. However I have no idea if Fitbit will be. If they do agree you would then experience a minimum of downtime and have the use of your current device until the replacement arrives.
--------------
Regards,
Jim Weil
Best Answer

I had the same issue -- then discovered that I had put the blaze back in upside downafter charging.  Make sure that the 1 button side is line up vs. the 1 button side in the wrist band & visa-versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the message. Hopefully it might change the paradigm of a “contributor” who severely criticized me for offering this possible diagnosis. I’m glad I am not the only one who has done this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there - fortunately for me, I bought my device from John Lewis, the holy grail of retailers, so I took it back and they replaced it immediately so I was only without it for as long as it took to charge the new one.  Hoorah!   

They didn't ask one question at all, just accepted that it was not working and gave me another.  I was in and out in minutes.  I was in the queue to return it behind someone else returning their Blaze, her's had stopped sync-ing.  

If it stops working again, I'll just keep replacing it!  

Best Answer

Great to see you around @HighfieldWill, @SunsetRunner and a warm welcome to the Forums @coach74sb. I would like to know if you keep having problems with your Blaze button? If you do and have already tried the cleaning procedure without success, feel free to contact our support team. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat. 

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I buy a blaze on June 19th at bestbuy.  Returned on June 20th, as both buttons on right did not work.  I took face out of frame and had same result... buttons on right did not work.  I chatted with tech support on Monday, JUne 20th and they were very gracious to send replacement.  

Received replacement yesterday and yet again, buttons on right DO NOT WORK!  So, 2 fitbit blaze within one week with same problem!  Incredibly frustrated by this situation but must ask.... where is fitbit's quality control?  

I bought this as a alternative to my apple watch.  No thanks, fitbit has some serious quality issues with the blaze.  

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @TTOWN. It's weird to hear that your new tracker is having the same button inconvenience. I recommend contacting our support team once again and tell them about this problem. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I already reached out to tech support and I have a fedex return label to send back the tracker they sent.  Hopeful they can issue replacement quickly.  

Did some more seraching around online yesterday about this and it seems others have experienced same problem as I did.  IDK, so let me ask:  If for example, I am on main menu with watch face and I swipe to say the exercise menu, I swipe and navigate to "run" shouldn't the select button operate?  

Or is everything set up to swipe from screen?  If so, why have the buttons on right?  I still have the second tracker fitbit sent and after messing with it more, I notice long press on bottom right button brings up notifications.  However, after navigating to "exercise- "run- neither button on right work.  I can press screen and from "run" it says connecting to phone.   

In other words, what purpose do the action/select buttons have?  TY 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to hear that you already contacted support and that they offered you a solution @TTOWN. About your question, keep in mind that you can also tap the "Play" icon to start your exercise, it is not necessary for you to press the button for it. The right button is there to return you to the main menu which is the clock. I recommend checking our How do I navigate my Blaze? article, which I think is really helpful.

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have read the 'navigate my blaze' and unfortunately, the right buttons just don't work.  For example, I navigate to exercise and tapping is only way to move around the exercise menu.  Pressing select does nothing.  I tried same thing with the "Today" menu and only way to move around in this field is by tapping.  Pressing any button on right does nothing.  

So, the comment in the "navigating my blaze" that states you can use buttons on right as alternative to tapping, is not correct.  This is occuring with the blaze fitbit sent me after returning first one after 24 hours with same behavior.  

The left or back button works as it should.  Will send the replacement back today.  

I really wanted to like the Blaze but candidly, it has serious quality issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you sure the Blaze is securely into its frame?
For the confirmarion I found with my fingernail that the buttons can be pushed while the Blaze is removed from the frame.. I'm wondering if yours would work this way.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for response.  I have tried not only the first blaze but the replacement blaze both inside and outside the frame.  Both ways, right buttons are not working.  

Best Answer
0 Votes