Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit blaze buttons not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
So I've had my Fitbit blaze for about a month and it's been great but today I went to go back from the 'Today's stats' screen and the back button wouldn't work. I let it turn off and tried using the select buttons to turn it on but they didn't work either. Is this a common issue or is it something that can easily be solved?
Before you tell my to try restarting it, I can't because the buttons don't work at all, I've also plugged it in and that's done nothing, although it did take me back to the clock face.

Thx in advance for your help!
Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71
I was fed up with them when mine started doing the same thing. I slammed mine down on the table in frustration and all of a sudden the buttons started working.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You sir, are a genius. Fixed mine! 

Best Answer

Got mine in Jan 2018 and wearing daily since. yesterday started with button issue. Left (Back-function) button not functioning.

I had read everything in this board and tried all. Even slamming on table lol. Nothing works. Luckily able to contact my local seller and was told to send back for claim.

*cross finger!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PatchaHor since your still within the warranty period you could also try the recommendation of contacting Fitbit Support. 

Best Answer

I'm just throwing my Fitbit Blaze in the growing pile of non-functioning trackers. I used mine for 75 days before all of the buttons stopped working. Of course I've tried every suggestion including contacting customer support but to no avail. In fact, the offer of another device at discounted prices is laughable considering I spent $4 a day for actual use before the previous device no longer worked as it should. It seems evident that there is a common-place software issue and Fitbit should be ashamed for not acknowledging and rectifying the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Something has been left out of your post @Isomorpheus. If you only had the Blaze for 75 days it would still be under warranty and replaced for free by fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hi

I was having the same issue

I just found i had to push the button a bit harder

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solutions works, none of my buttons were working and the display was dimming after a few seconds. Thanks very much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the same issue with the Fitbit.  The issue happened after I synced on the last upgrade.  Could it be that the blaze is no longer supported and so they are not offering fixes in order to drive us to purchasing a new Fitbit.  At least that is my conclusion after contacting support and researching on line!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit haven't bothered advising 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As posted before in this thread, bought on Jan 2018. Faulty back button on Sept 2018.

I was lucky still able to claim warranty & picked up (Oct 2018) a new (unsure if it was a refurbished unit) but was told warranty will follow 1st purchase & not calculated from claimed unit date for a year.

Been using the claimed unit since Oct 2018, same BACK BUTTON (this hardware problem DOES stay with this model) & black-ed screen faulty for a week now. 

My conclusion, pretty disappointed with this brand. definitely opting other brands! Think twice for those still wanting to upgrade your Fitbit or wanna try this brand.

#fightcovid19 #keepcalm #staysafe #stayhealthy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and bought a Versa as my Blaze was out of warranty. My Blaze was itself a warranty replacement for a Charge that just fell to pieces. The Versa that I bought was also replaced under warranty so, if this one fails outside of what I would consider to be a reasonable working life, it will be the last fitbit that I will own. 

Best Answer
0 Votes