Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit blaze buttons not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
So I've had my Fitbit blaze for about a month and it's been great but today I went to go back from the 'Today's stats' screen and the back button wouldn't work. I let it turn off and tried using the select buttons to turn it on but they didn't work either. Is this a common issue or is it something that can easily be solved?
Before you tell my to try restarting it, I can't because the buttons don't work at all, I've also plugged it in and that's done nothing, although it did take me back to the clock face.

Thx in advance for your help!
Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

Bought my blaze yesterday and button on the left does not do anything .... suggestions

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bernadette72! 🙂  Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums!

I'm sorry that your Blaze is not working as it should 😕

I would just to make sure, ask you to verify that the main module is properly inserted in the frame and that the buttons alight with the ones on the frame. This means that the single button should be on the left side and the two buttons should be on the right side.

If that is not the case, try to restart your tracker by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

If the restart doesn't make the button to react, try turning off your tracker. For this go to the Settings screen which is the last, tap on it, scroll down to "Shut down" and then press any button until the tracker turns on.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
First make sure the fully charged Blaze module is inserted into the carrier strap in the right orientation. If so, exchange it for one that works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problen, back bottom completely unresponsive, and make  worse I'm out one year warranty already.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are only a few things to try that have not changed. Here they are again summarized:

1. Make sure the module is fully changed

2. Verify the module is in the frame in the proper orientation.

3. Verify the buttons on the frame are functioning properly by press them with the module out of the frame an looking at them from the inside of the frame while pressing them.

4. Verify module buttons working by pressing the buttons on the module while outside of the frame with the tip of a ball point pen or equivalent - nothing sharp

5. If the frame is the issue, replace the frame - Amazon has a lot of options at lower cost than Fitbit.

6. If none of the above indicates or resolves the problem, contact Fitbit customer service for advise on what to do next.

Best Answer

The home/back button on my Blaze stopped working a few weeks back. Unfortunately, I'm past my warranty (I've had the watch 17 months).  I contacted Fitbit support and I was offered 25% off any of the Fitbits in the online store, except the new Ionic.  I had the first Fitbit when that came out and that one lasted just under a year, but was replaced under warranty, the new one I got lasted a year, and then I got the Blaze.  Seems like none of them can even last 2 years.  It sure is a lot of money to put out on something that doesn't last.  Though, I'm a sucker, and if the 25% off they offered me had been able to be used on the new Ionic I might have given in and purchased that one with the hopes that it was of better quality.  For now, I'm just dealing with the home/back button not working until I do enough research to find a better alternative for my money (e.g. Apple Watch, Garmin, etc.).

Best Answer
Mine is about 1.5 years old and so far shows no signs of this issue. Of the brands you mentioned I have always had great support from Garmin and there pricing is generally more realistic than Apple. The other thing about Apple is that you are tied to their products for the watch features. I have generally regarded the Apple Watch as an accessory to either an iPhone or iPad. From what I understand much of its functionality requires ownership of one of these products. Garmin tends to support multiple platforms.

————————————
Regards,
Jim Weil
jweil@mac.com
Best Answer

I have an iPhone which is why I sort of want an Apple Watch, but it isn't geared toward fitness like the Fitbit or Garmin.  It's hard to find a smart watch that is also a great fitness watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are making a statement, not asking a question.

————————————
Regards,
Jim Weil
jweil@mac.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, my back button just quit over the weekend. Tried re-charging, turning off on, cleaning. The volume down button broke about 3 months ago. Next will try cleaning under a magnifier. If nothing works, am moving to apple watch. Too bad, this WAS a nice device and I have so many bands!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @cwh060. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with the buttons on your Blaze 😕

Since you've already tried re charging the tracker, turning it off and back on and cleaning it and this has not helped, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to the Support Team for them to take a look and see what are the best options for you right now.

Please keep an eye on your inbox for any further instructions and if you need anything else, let me know!

Best Answer

Thanks, I tried cleaning around the buttons, and the air can (compressed air), no luck only thing that works is the volume up button and swiping the screen.

cwh060

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @cwh060. Got it. Thanks for getting back! 🙂

Since doing that didn't work (thanks for trying it btw), please take a look at your email. You should have one from our Support Team and you just need to reply saying that you've already tried this and they will be happy to move forward and see what are the options at this point.

Let me know if you need more help!

Best Answer

My Fitbit select buttons stoped working two weeks ago. I have followed all their suggestions which of nine worked. This morning I got frustrated and slammed it down on the table green dots down. Hard enough I figured I broke it but I didn’t break it. To my surprise all the buttons are now working!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dead crazy slam it down on the table pretty hard with the green dots down. Mine hadn’t worked in 2 weeks I was giving up and slammed it down and figured it broke but it didn’t and now all buttons are preforming there intended function. 

Best Answer

Alejadra, you've made this suggestion numerous times, and clearly this is not the case. There are too many if us who have had our blaze's for various amounts if time. We can't even restart it. Clearly there's a glitch since an apparent app update?? Fitbit.com is going to owe us all replacements very soon if this does not get fixed immediately

Best Answer

I'm not even able to swipe right now. With the back button not working, it's stuck on the timer screen 😡

@TTOWN wrote:

I already reached out to tech support and I have a fedex return label to send back the tracker they sent.  Hopeful they can issue replacement quickly.  

Did some more seraching around online yesterday about this and it seems others have experienced same problem as I did.  IDK, so let me ask:  If for example, I am on main menu with watch face and I swipe to say the exercise menu, I swipe and navigate to "run" shouldn't the select button operate?  

Or is everything set up to swipe from screen?  If so, why have the buttons on right?  I still have the second tracker fitbit sent and after messing with it more, I notice long press on bottom right button brings up notifications.  However, after navigating to "exercise- "run- neither button on right work.  I can press screen and from "run" it says connecting to phone.   

In other words, what purpose do the action/select buttons have?  TY 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent I may have to try this. No loss really as the thing has been dead for weeks. The buttons just stop working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After research I have found a SOLUTION Smiley LOL . I plug it into the charger, but not close the trap, press back button and it WORKS Smiley LOLSmiley LOL . Anyone figured out yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit (which i've loved since day one) is presenting these same symptoms. None of the buttons  work! The only way to get back out of a sub menu is stick it in the charger for a few seconds - but even in the charger i'm unable to get any of the buttons to respond.

I've contacted customer support and they've said its out of warranty and wont assist me further, all they offered was 25% off a new product. Not exactly fair that I should spend £150 when this clearly is a manufacturing defect. I'm desperate for a solution and feel completely let down by fitbit and the support team - Maybe its time to get an iwatch. Any help/support would be really appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes