Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit blaze buttons not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
So I've had my Fitbit blaze for about a month and it's been great but today I went to go back from the 'Today's stats' screen and the back button wouldn't work. I let it turn off and tried using the select buttons to turn it on but they didn't work either. Is this a common issue or is it something that can easily be solved?
Before you tell my to try restarting it, I can't because the buttons don't work at all, I've also plugged it in and that's done nothing, although it did take me back to the clock face.

Thx in advance for your help!
Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

My brain is still thinking, here is something to try that doesn't require pressing any buttons. Try shutting the Blaze off. Do this by swippng to the settings menu, tap it, swipe to the last entry which is shutdown.. Now tap and confirm with another tap.. Pressing any button should turn the unit on, so try the right ones first.. Also placing the Blaze in its powered up charger will also turn it on. 

Now with the unit on try holding the upper right button in, after a second the music control screen should pop up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you again for reply. I have not sent replacement tracker back yet and am out of town through tomorrow.
Will try what you suggested and let you know.

Have q good evening.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, so tried what you suggested.  Blaze turned off as it should by navigating to settings, etc.  I then powered it on by pressing lower right button.  And, I held upper right button in and did see the music control menu. 

However, I still can't navigate from exercise, today menus simply by pressing the select button.  For example, I am in exercise and and tapping lower right of screen brings up options like run, bike, etc.  

From run I tap lower right screen and it reads connecting to iphone.  Shouldn't the select button work in same fashion?  I try same by pressing lower right button from exercise and nothing happens. 

Shouldn't the tapping and pressing work as an alternative to the other? 

Ty

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it should, it looks as if contacting fitbit is in order. It might be best to call.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I still have replacement tracker fitbit sent that was defective and also have the fed ex label from fitbit to send back.  Have to admit though, my confidence in fitbit and their product is very low.  I am almost tempted to go to best buy and buy another and see if the same thing happens!  I mean, what are the odds three trackers ALL with same problem?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

FIX:  My buttons wouldn't respond either.  But, I just held the home button on the left and the bottom button on the right, for 10 seconds.  Then my fitbit rebooted and started working.  I hope it works for you!!!

Best Answer

For what it's worth, my left button has died as well and I found that if you get stuck on a screen like today's stats without being able to back out, go into the Fitbit app and change your watch face, that will bring you all the way out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All my buttons stopped working today.  Zhooks suggestion worked for me.  I actually did it by holding down all buttons, but either way it worked, and it proves it's a software issue and not a problem with the button hardware.

Best Answer

Hey there guys @jgcx @Krillmonster! Great to see you in the Forums!

If you're having problems with your buttons constantly, the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Support Team for them to take a look and help you out with this. They'll be happy to take a deeper look and get you back on track!

Anything else, let us know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem for the first time just now - none of the buttons on my Blaze were working.  I was able to do a hard restart (hold down the left button and lower right button at the same time for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo).  That solved my problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @angiej936. Great to see you in the Community! 😄

I'm happy to hear that restarting your tracker got you back on track! Anything else you may need, let us know. We'll be happy to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jgcx. This worked. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm happy to hear that @eterpr! 😄

If you need anything else, let us know! Welcome to the Community!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am in this boat.  C'mon Fitbit... I sing your praises left-and-right to anyone that will listen and this is what I get.  5 weeks almost to the day I got it, the buttons stopped working.  I have been reading what others have wrote.  Obviously this a chronic problem that sounds software related that needs to be addressed and an update released.  

I was able to get back to the clock face by changing it w/in the app.  I did a shutdown.  But, now it will not come back on. Tried all the buttons, different combos of buttons... no love.  Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try recharging it and if that fails, contact Fitbit.
Best Answer

The link to contact Fitbit may be found in the top right of this page, or under help in the app. Contact.fitbit.com 

Best Answer

Hi @LANGLE. Great to see you in the Community Forums!

I'm very sorry to hear that your tracker will not respond at all 😕 Now, when you say that you  tried a shutdown, I an assume you did this from the tracker settings. Have you tried to restart it? You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

You posted on Saturday... Are you still having problems with your tracker? If so, please let me know so that we can look for any other options for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After almost one year of using the Blaze I have the same problem. The 'back' button is not working. 

I checked and clean the buttons, restarted the device several times and obviously place the unit inside the case in the right way. All this doesn't work.

I am quite frustrated as this is not the first issue that I have with this device. I have also experienced missing calls notifications for months now. 

Best Answer
Have you updated the firmware in the device from the App?
Have you contacted Fitbit customer service about this?

Unless you have done both these steps then it is not fair to make such a judgement call. If you have, and not received any assistance from customer service, then you have every right to complain and hold them accountable for their actions.
Best Answer
0 Votes
You are right.

I contacted the costumer support and a replacement is on his way.
Best Answer
0 Votes