Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't connect properly with Oneplus 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello recently changed my phone to Oneplus 5 and I have been having trouble connecting it. It's always stuck on the connecting load out after inputing the code that appeared on the blaze.  Help please I've tried restarting everything 

Best Answer
0 Votes
42 REPLIES 42

Unfortunately the Oneplus 5 isn't on fitbit's list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices and I have seen a few posts where others have tried connecting a fitbit without success.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Kevz_d, thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself and @SteveH for stopping by.

As mentioned, keep in mind that in order to sync your tracker without an inconvenience, your phone needs to be a compatible mobile device. Oneplus 5 is not compatible but you can always try to follow the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post. I don't guarantee these steps will work but as recommended try them.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Yeah Fitbit teams does a tremendous job of not supporting newer devices. The list of mobiles devices are 3 years old. My earlier phone Moto x play is still not on the list, it's a 2 year old phone. Fitbit marketing team has done an awesome job of branding themselves as number one fitness tracking device company. The reality is far from real, multiple replacement, battery draining, not syncing are common problems. Very very unreliable device. Their troubleshooting steps says restart the phone. Why do we have to always restart the phone is there something wrong with the phone. I asked once because I want to report the issue to phone manufacturers but no reply.

Frustrated Fitbit user

Best Answer

Make sure you disconnect your fitbit from your old phone first prior to trying to connect it to your OP5. This fixed it for me.

Best Answer

Great to see you around @binod and @noss thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you have tried the instructions I provided in my previous post? If you haven't, please take a look at it and follow the steps there, also you can try the recommendation that our friend @noss is providing.

See you later. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I had similar problems. I have a charge 2 and used to have charge hr. Both devices didn't sync properly without some workarounds.

First workaround was resetting the Bluetooth prior to syncing (I created a tasker task for that purpose and let it run every hour).

Second workaround was disabling the battery optimisation, this made my Bluetooth reconnect workaround obsolete. Syncing is now working like a charm! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with this, Fitbit is supposed to be the leading fitness accessory and app and yet it's not compatible with the leading phones.  Makes no sense.  I have seen a lot of posts explaining workarounds but when you're not technically minded it means absolutely nothing.  An explanation as to why they haven't sorted this out and what they plan to do in terms of sorting it out would be helpful.  So far I haven't seen anything.

Best Answer

im facing the same issue with my oneplus5. i put the 4 digit passcode and then it doesnt connect. it was working fine for the last month or so....suddenly gave me this issue since 21st Nov 2017. surprising that this phone is not yet in their list.

Best Answer

The question is, what’s Fitbit doing to keep up with the newer generation devices, what is it doing with the current devices?

I have an iPhone 6S and have issues occasionally, now that I upgraded to a Oneplus 5t it doesn’t even connect, getting an Ionic seemed like a bad idea and a permanent headache. I had a Pebble, MS Band, Charge 2 and never had this or any hassle. 

Again what and how is Fitbit going to tackle this and keep customers happy?

Best Answer

Hey Everyone! Thank you so much for your feedback and comments about adding new devices to the list. Fitbit is always trying to test mobile devices and that they can be added to it. At the moment, I don't have any information about when this is going to be compatible but you can keep an eye on the website

Your patience and understanding is appreciated. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Just got a Fitbit for Christmas, and after having connection issues and reading this message board I'm returning it... Very disappointed in the lack of support for newer phones

Best Answer

I'm on the same boat, went from an iPhone 6s to a OnePlus 5t and the Fitbit blaze isn't working. My wife was going to buy me a new ionic but it's not worth the pain. 

Best Answer
Ive moved away.

With tomtom now
Best Answer

It is very disapointing that Fitbit doesn’t connect with oneplus phones as they are  new brand . As customers we are spending a lot of money on your products and as consumers we would expect your products to be compatible with up to date/new mobile devices.  Very disappointed customer !

Best Answer
OnePlus has been around for 4 years.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How is it possible with the brand OnePlus being around for a couple of years and for the 5t being around for a couple of months that there’s no fix, patch or anything worked out?

Friends and co-workers have other wearables brands working perfectly with other phones, nowadays it shouldn’t be that hard, other brands have done a great job why can’t you fitbit??!!!

Already looking for alternatives that work for me and a money return, what a pity.

Best Answer

I have had 5T for a month.. ok ish.. got my ionic a week ago.. it synchronised fine initially then a few days later stopped synchronising.   the only change I had made earlier in the day was to enable notifications.

Help !

Best Answer
0 Votes

still wont connect to my 5t.  i have just restarted my fitbit ionic.  Tried to connect to my MacBook Air and no luck..  NOT HAPPY!

Update.... after installing on on MACBook I tried again and again and eventually it did sync.. then it miraculously synchronised on my oneplus 5t

Best Answer
0 Votes

I picked up my Fitbit charge 2 today. Was very excited about using it and then to my disappointment it would not sync to my phone. I also have one plus 5T. I didn't think to check that it was compatible as most things are with android/Bluetooth these days and as it's a new very popular phone I didn't think it would be an issue. I am shocked to find it isn't compatible and very very disappointed. I am very likely going to be sending it back tomorrow. Is anyone aware of any news that Fitbit are somehow making this compatible with this phone and if not what other fitness bands are out there that are compatible and recommended? 

Best Answer