Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't connect properly with Oneplus 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello recently changed my phone to Oneplus 5 and I have been having trouble connecting it. It's always stuck on the connecting load out after inputing the code that appeared on the blaze.  Help please I've tried restarting everything 

Best Answer
0 Votes
42 REPLIES 42

My sentiments exactly , very disappointing, come on Fitbit please get this sorted for loyal your  customers. .  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have actually got my Fitbit to sync with my one plus 5 T now. I realised I selected the wrong Fitbit device when selecting at the beginning. Selected the Fitbit charge HR instead of Fitbit charge 2 which is what I have. I also played around with some of the account settings including the notification area and somehow got it t sync and work properly. I also probably reset the Bluetooth too. Whatever I did worked and has been working last few days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I switched to tomtom.

Love it.
Best Answer
Thanks for the feedback, I'll try again but my device is the Ionic and is being kind of troublesome since it came out having syncing issues with most cellphones, still I'll give another try and see if it works.
Thank you again!!!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I did have same situation on my one plus 5.

Follow these:

1. Unpair charge 2 from Bluetooth devices

2. Uninstall Fitbit app

3. Install app again

4. Set it up

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry guys. Sync was fine right after resetting but it doesn't sync again. Frustration at peaks. Hope Fitbit or one plus five guys will maje us happy 🙂

Best Answer

I have a OnePlus 2 and Fitbit surge. They used to work perfectly together for around 18 months.

Now the pairing is patchy, many features don't seem to sync (clock face alterations, time updates, shortlist of exercises, sleep tracking) as well as others (step count, exercises tracked). Message and call alerts on the Fitbit stopped working altogether. Surge battery life is now less than a day after previously being 3.

I've had replacement Surges and all behave the same, so not a hardware issue. Phone works fine with everything else bluetooth-wise. Sudden drop in performance occurred after firmware update (surge) and OS update (OnePlus) Clearly a firmware/Fitbit specific problem they refuse to address +/- planned obsolescence.

The Fitbit connect app for Mac is also pretty woeful as a workaround as well.

Given my phone is more important and expensive than my fitness tracker I doubt I'll ever upgrade or stay with Fitbit in future if I need to buy a new phone as well. 

Best Answer
Thanks for the info. I am finding my oneplus5t has qurky issues like this but hoping as the consumer base expands they get resolved

Currently I get intermittent sync

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey...

I am planning to buy the Fitbit versa and I am using OnePlus 5. Is there any solution yet or they still having compatibility issues??

Thanks

Best Answer

Fitbit won't connect properly with Oneplus 5

Best Answer

Lol 🙂

I don't have plans to change my phone. Love the OnePlus 5. It's sad that versa is not compatible with the latest versions. It's quite smart...

Anyway thanks for your reply..

If you happen to know anyone who is using it with a OnePlus 5 do let me know

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello is my 3rd day with my Versa, 

Connect just fine the first time , right away, but the day after , nothing , today works like a charm , just press on bt settings forget device on op5 , 

Close Fitbit app , close bt , reset watch open app then activate bt, voiala! The op5 just recognize it right away no issues so far, 

Hope this helps a bit, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Blaze and a Oneplus 5. They work fine together. Get the occasional "Failed to sync" message but I force a sync and it does it OK. Very pleased with mine so far (just over a week since I installed it)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, for over a year now (today is Nov 18th, 2018) I have been keeping an eye on the compatible device list. Oneplus One is STILL the only oneplus phone listed there. Come on fitbit! It's time to enter the new age and update newer devices. And not just for oneplus. Others are outdated too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had so many bluetooth audio problems with my 5t I don't blame Fitbit

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit Blaze working fine with my Oneplus-5 (Not 5T).

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed, it is worrisome that Fitbit hasn't managed to iron out compatibility issues with the OnePlus stable except for 1+1 which nearly 4 yrs old. Considering the OnePlus is a leading brand these days, it is imperative that Fitbit sorts this out. 

I have Flex 2 and had a tough time setting it up with 1+5. To verify Bluetooth connectivity I checked it by connecting with other BT devices. Worked like a charm. Managed to get them connected and completed setup fine a few hours later.

The issue I have now is intermittent sync issues, which one can overlook since it does update itself correctly in due time. The other one was interference with car audio. Once in a while the car audio BT will fail. 1+5 did release a BT patch a few weeks ago which seemed to have taken care of this issue. So, check on the OnePlus forums for a solution as well. 

Best Answer

Why is the charge 3 notncompatible with OnePlus 5, when the charge 2 was???? I upgraded to an inferior product! I would like a refund .I can't use this product. 

Best Answer

Of course they have . provide a fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last week I bought the Fitbit Ionic but the same is not connecting with my One plus 5 mobile handset.... can any one help me with this ?

Best Answer
0 Votes