Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I let my Fitbit battery die a few days ago as I forgot to charge it. It has now been on charge for three consecutive days and the screen will still not turn on. How do I fix this?
Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Welcome to the Forums @toofussy1 @Andile @CaikensPT, great to see you around! 🙂

@Andile, I'm glad to hear that it worked for you! 😄

@toofussy1 @CaikensPT, I'm sorry that the previous suggestions didn't work on your trackers 😕

I'd like to know... even though when the screen doesn't turn on, are your trackers still syncing to your accounts or they're completely dead?

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
Screen will come on if the unit is in the charger. But when I put it in the band it wont. The account is set up and running but its not tracking anything. Just stats as if I am not wearing it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

Mine was not working on the charger or anything else this morning.  Just completely dead.  I followed the other posters advice and just decided to hope for the best and tonight when I got home the screen came on and the HR lights and it showed a dead battery.  (Despite being charged last night before this happened.). So it's back on the charger and currently syncing.  Hoping for continued recovery and back on my wrist by tomorrow.  I was so lost without it today!  Does anyone know why this spontaneous death and resurrection occurs??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Feel like giving up on it.

when it is plugged in charging the screen comes on and shows full battery and I can only tap on the screen and it will go through flights of stairs, steps, date 29 April, heart rate, mileage and burn. 

I take it out the cradle and then turns off. 

I look forward to knowing what to try next.

regards, vicky 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've noticed for about two days now that my Fitbit won't turn on or charge. What may be the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VickyHounhave you thought about http://contac.Fitbit.Com

@Myprince is the tracker plugged pro a powered up supply? Have you cleaned the contacts with isopropyl alcohol? 

Best Answer

The lights did not come on aft removing the fully-charged Blaze from the charger and pressing the Lt/lower Rt buttons for 15 sec. Frustrating. Returning the product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my fitbit blaze and it will only turn on when it is plugged in to charge. When it is not it will not turn on. What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is same.  Hadnt used it for a while and when I charged it the fitbit logo was distorted. Since then totally black screen, no green lights. V. Frustrating as about to run out of warranty 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Fitbit and depending on your warranty they may replace. I got sent a replacement a few weeks ago. It was so easy. They were fantastic. 

Best Answer
That is so great to hear!

Thank you! I will contact them to see if they can make it happen.

Zenia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail disclaimer: http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze shows a display with a full battery when on the charger, is recognized on my updated app, and is able to sync.  However, when off the charger, it will not turn on. I followed the directions to press the left button and bottom right button simultaneously for 10-15 seconds, but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that happened to me too, I charged my blaze overnight but turns out the charger wasn't working, so I left for work that morning and suddenly the Fitbit sign turns on and is frozen. about 2 hours later it shuts off, I tried all the button combinations and still didn't turn on

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also charged it for 2 days

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello.
Luckily was in guarantee so it was replaced. Good luck x
Best Answer
0 Votes

That fix worked for me . Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having trouble turning on my Fitbit Blaze as well. I ran out of battery while out of town. Since the charger is so specific, I could not charge the watch for about a week. Now, it is in the charger with the Fitbit logo (13 dot diamond) showing, but it will not turn on. I tried holding the left and lower right buttons, but the logo simply flashes a few times during the 20 seconds. Nothing else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went in the pool for maybe two minutes and I realize my Fitbit  was on so I took it off and now it won’t turn on even though I’ve been charging it. I thought it was supposed be water resistant, and restarting it has not worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I already dumped my Fitbit. They are not waterproof nor water resistant. I now have a Garmin and I swim laps at the pool with it. Good luck with your adventure.
Best Answer
0 Votes

They are water resistant @Joelfbcfamily  a device rated at 0 water resistant simply means it can not get wet, legally this is a valid water resistant rating. 

As for water proof, not even your Garmin is, for at some depth it will fail  

As for Fitbit not beings waterproof, they currently sell 3 models that disprove that statement. 

As for your Blaze, please read page 32 of the User Manual

Best Answer