Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blaze, no notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just received my Blaze and I can't any messages or any notifications to show up anyone else having this issue? I have a Verzion phone and they use message + as there messager.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community @Jweaver2310. If you are not receiving notifications, I recommend verifying that your phone is a Compatible Mobile Device. Please also verify that your Blaze is paired to your account, if it is not paired that's why you are not receiving notifications and you need to follow the Setup Procedure. Once you paired you will be able to see and activate the notifications feature.

Let me know how it goes! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151

From the main about Fitbit Message+ does not work. I'm not sure what platform ypir phone is on so can not be of more help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Jweaver2310. If you are not receiving notifications, I recommend verifying that your phone is a Compatible Mobile Device. Please also verify that your Blaze is paired to your account, if it is not paired that's why you are not receiving notifications and you need to follow the Setup Procedure. Once you paired you will be able to see and activate the notifications feature.

Let me know how it goes! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
I was able to pair it with my phone however I am unable to read the message on the blaze it just tells me I have a message but does not display the message.
But my husband gets his only when he is connected to the wifi but as soon as he leaves the house he gets the message notification only like I am getting all the time. Seems like this was released and all the kinks were not worked out.
Best Answer
I had this problem with the surge. I read that you had to turn on preview message in your phone settings. This worked but then my messages would combine and be all messed up. I called fitbit and they didn't have any fix. The only way I got it to work like it always did was installing the old fitbit version of the fitbit app. If I install the new version of the app it goes back to not working, I bet it is the same with the blaze.
Best Answer

Interesting, I hadn't heard that (iOS user, admittedly). Thanks @Fe4rdabe4rd!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Im on Android. And yeah once I ran the old fitbit OS my msg notifications were back to normal. @EmersonFitbit
Best Answer

This doesn't seem correct.  I have the same Verizon (Droid Turbo 2) and I get calendar but I don't get Text messages on my Blaze.  I did get phone notifications, but generally WHILE i was already on the call.  I use Message+ and I still don't see a text message come through.  Everything else works great, except Music.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not receiving the actual text messages, just the alerts, so I checked to see if I have a compatible device.  Seriously, my Samsung Note 5 is not compatible. That is a little disappointing. 

Also, my screen is not always responsive to my touch. 

Best Answer

Setting up my Blaze and I cant get my messages or notifications to show up. I have a Samsung S5. Bluetooth is synced and notifications turned on on my phone but there is no option to turn on on the Blaze itself under the settings. 

Best Answer
I had to do a search for how to get it to pair properly. At first I thought
is was paired because Blaze showed up on my phone under Bluetooth. But I
had to do it again to get a code so blaze classic showed up under
Bluetooth. Make sure you have classic turned on under settings I need the
blaze itself.
Best Answer

So my Blaze vibrates when a call comes in and that's it i don't see anything on the screen is there a reason I'm only reciving a vibration and oh i should probably test the text notification.  

Best Answer

@MelanieR - Not sure what you are meaning when you don't see anything on the screen - if you mean the screen does not illuminate, you have to either use quick view or press a button.  If you are not seeing anything after you do that, then perhaps list what phone/device you are using to see if we can help you further.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I install the old Version of the fitbit?
Best Answer

Just got my Blaze and having problems with notifications. I checked any my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is compatible. My bluetooth says my Blaze is paired with my phone. On my Blaze I have the notifications turned on as well as under settings on the actual Blaze for Bluetooth Classic set to pair. However it does not stay on pair and when I check it, it will say off. In my app I have everything turned on. When my phone rings my Blaze will vibrate and I can see who is calling me if I touch the screen. If I don't look to see who is calling and they hang up, as I did when I tested it, and then scroll down when on the home page it will say - All caught up! No Notifications. So it doesn't show me I missed a call.  I am also not getting any text message notificaitons. Verizon uses Message+ and as far as I can tell I have everything set up correctly in my app fot all notifications. The app lists Message+ as an option. Calender notifications seem to work.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer

So I figured out that if my Message+ app is open I won't get notifications. If it is closed it works. At least I figured out why it wasn't working. 🙂

Still not sure why missed calls don't show up in notifications but maybe I'll figure that out eventually too.

Best Answer

I have not recieved any calender notifications.  I have iPhone 6

Best Answer

Can anyone help - blaze set up have been using for a week getting notification / calendar notifcation and today nothing ? 

advice please A 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@louchung Have you configured your native Calendar app to receive push notifications for the alerts? You'll see similar event reminders on your Blaze as you will with your phone. 

@hodder What have you tried to help troubleshoot? What phone/app are you using?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've finally figured it out.

Go to Setting>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Default Alert Times(under Calendars).

My setting was all "None". I changed it to "At time of event" and got the notification!

I knew it was something to do with my setting... sorry for all these...

Best Answer