Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Bluetooth option listed in the settings of my Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Blaze yesterday and when I went to set it up, there was no Bluetooth option in the settings.  I charged the Blaze and read the manual.  I powered it down and still no Bluetooth option.  However, when the Blaze is in my hand (not in the watch band) the option was there.  Then when I paired it, it went away again and I cannot sync.  No Bluetooth option showing at all on the Blaze.  I don't think it should keep disappearing as an option.  Smiley Sad

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

Have you tried the shutdown command on the Blaze?

Best Answer

Hello @kmste and @semily24 welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting this issue with the Blaze, it happened to me too, first I noticed that I was not able to control my music and when I tried to locate the Bluetooth Classic option it was missing from my settings screen,  so I turned it off and the option was back after I turned it on. If this doesn't help you can try to restart your Blaze.

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

I'm still having the problem. I've restarted/reset my Blaze severals times, both by using the Shutdown option and by doing a hard reset. Of the five restarts/resets I've done, the Bluetooth option came back on my settings menu one time (and I could toggle between Off and Pair, but there was no On), but then disappeared again. I'm not receiving text notifications and I can't control my music. But my iphone says my Blaze is connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The bluetooth option on the blaze isnt there for iPhone users as the iPhone is awesome and doesnt need the blaze to be in classic mode. 

If you reboot your blaze you might see the option but the moment you sync it will realise you have an iphone and switch to awesome bluetooth 4.0 mode.

Best Answer
Thank you for clarifying this, I was under the impression that there was
something Fitbit wasn't addressing regarding the iPhone. I have an iPhone
5s, have had multiple conversations with support, and not once was
Bluetooth 4.0 mentioned.

I think this is something that should be noted for iPhone users, as this
issue has raised questions and confusion for some.

For those of you who are still having issues I hope this helps determine a
next step forward in finding a solution.

Thanks everyone for responding and providing your input and feedback.

Much appreciated!

--
Best Regards,
Gregory Morgan
Best Answer
Yes, but this doesn't solve the problem that I am not getting notifications
on the device, or that bluetooth is still disappearing from my settings
menu almost 100% of the time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,
after running through all the issues listed above, I think I've found the answer. In my case a blaze reboot didn't work initially. 

But once I had turned off every single bluetooth device in the surrounding except the one I wanted to connect to, the classic bluetooth pairing option appeared again.

So blaze recognizes every device it has previously been connected to.

In order to give the new device a chance to get through the bluetooth mud, turn off the others 🙂

New Device: Android 5.1.1

Other Devices:

iPad iOS 9.3.2, Android 5.0.2

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Sometimes Bluetooth is listed in settings and sometimes it's not.

Best Answer

All... the ONLY way to get the "Bluetooth Classic: Pair or Off" option in settings is by turning your bluetooth off on your phone/device.  It is ONLY for pairing your phone initially (or in the event you remove your fitbit from the bluetooth devices on your phone for some reason).  During everyday use of your fitbit with your phone/device, you will have already paired your watch and your phone's bluetooth will be turned on.  So you will not see the bluetooth classic option in your watch settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! as @ThePreacher mentioned if you are using an iOS device you don't need to turn on the Bluetooth classic, it will make the option on your Blaze screen disappear. I would like to share my experience with this issue, I have an iPad and my Android phone, my Blaze is paired to my phone, but when I'm using my iPad it connects to it and the option to pair the Blaze with the Bluetooth classic disappear. When this first happened I freaked out and then I remember what I read about connecting with only once device and I turned off the Bluetooth on my iPad , it worked! and I got the option back.Woman Very Happy 

@semily24 are you still experiencing issues with your Blaze? If you are please take a look at this post from @EmersonFitbit you can find all the information about notifications and how to set them with your phone. @SunsetRunner I would like to ask if  when the Blaze is not listed on the Bluetooth classic option do you have an iOS device near you? @PDA_Fit_Bit thanks for sharing! Hope to see you around more often! 🙂 

Don't hesitate to tag me if you have any questions! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Hi Angela, I purchased my blaze yesterday.  On the first time while syncing the option was present and the app is not recognizing the device unless it is paired with the bluetooth.  Also if I turn off the mobile bluetooth and again switch it on - The option is not available in the tracker.

IMG_20160919_180803.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CRAMS what type of phone do you have? The Bluetooth classic is only used for music control on non iOS phones.. If your using an iOS this is not needed and i believe, From reports I read, it gets disabled. 

Best Answer
Hi Rich,

I own a huewei Honor 7 device which runs on Android marshmallow 6.0

I'm not getting any notifications in my device.

Ram
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had the same problem. But I found that my iphone was aslo trying to pair my Blaze while it was already collected to Android. Whenever ipone tries to connect the bluetooth option disapperas when not, it comes again. When I close iphone's bluetooth than started showing the option contineously. (very funny.. but it worked after that)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use an Asus Zenfone ZE551ML (the 4/64 version). I have a ZE551KL as a backup. Both run Android 6.0.1 

I'm getting notifications on both devices. 

Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You must ensure no other bluetooth devices are close to the blaze or are on for you to see the Bluetooth option on the Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes
@John66
That's false. I can tell you my headphones are Bluetooth and I still do not have issues with syncing.
Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes

??  The response was to why the bluetooth option SOMETIMES doesnt show on the Blaze settings tab. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using Android. That setting (Bluetooth Classic) is on my phone. But I don't use it. I don't use Notifications unless I have to. 

If you are runing iOS, then that's a different ball of wax altogether. If @Rich_Laue says that option gets disabled, then there's nothing you can do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The question is not about your phone.  It is about why the bluetooth option does not show on the settings on the Blaze.  If there is a bluetooth device that is connected to your blaze then the option tends to dissapear (not always) from the settings on your Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes