Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Notifications on S8+ with Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

had to upgrade from my note 4 (finally wouldn't charge any more) and now I have an s8+, I have it connected and everything but my blaze won't show any notifications or anything at all...not calls, not texts etc.

help! I rely on my blaze because I keep my phone on silent since I work in an open environment so I'm not constantly looking at my phone.

Best Answer
83 REPLIES 83

I am experiencing the same issue. I just got the Samsung S8 and I can't get any notifications. This is so frustrating!

Best Answer

Let me know if you figure it out

Best Answer

Same issue. With my new S8 I no longer receive notifications to my Blaze. It would be great to learn of a solution.

Best Answer

Very frustrating I know...but be patient...took over a week but mine just started working all of a sudden one day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and it is alao draining the blaze battery

Best Answer

It's great to see you all around @Kaydeegraham@anfogarty26@Nick1000 and @WinterG.

Keep in mind that in order for a tracker to connect properly with your phones, they need to be compatible. Samsung Galaxy S8 is not a compatible phone yet, our team is hard working in testing the compatibility of several phones, your patience will be much appreciated.

In the meantime, you can follow the instructions provided by @MarreFitbit in the My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app) post and you can also keep an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update.

See you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

When the update is available, will I be able to read the text messages on my blaze. When I had the s6 I could see my email but not my texts. 

Best Answer

Any update on the ETA of notifications working between the Blaze and Galaxy S8 and 8+? I'm still within my return policy on my Blaze. If this thing isn't going to give notifications I don't want it. It'll be a waste of $200!

Best Answer

Me too! I bought the S8 and then the Blaze.  The first Blaze I bought was having a hard time even staying connected to my S8.  I took it back to Costco and exchanged it.  The new Blaze is staying connected better, but has sync issues still.  It will not get notifications at all, texts, calls or anything else.  It does keep track of everything else as long as it can sync.  Fitbit please fix this! This is getting old, and it has only been two days.   My wife has a Fitbit Charge 2, which works with her S8, so why can not the Blaze work with the S8? Excited for the fix, hope it is soon! 

Best Answer

I've had my blaze for 5 days today. First two days no notifications. I tried to unlock the phone land see if that helped (my notifications were private on the lock screen of my S8+). Then all of a sudden day 3, my emails, calendar reminders and text messages are coming to my watch with no problem. 

Best Answer

My notifications are working, galaxy S8+

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is awesome! When you said, "you unlocked your phone" what do you mean? Did you take the pass code off the phone so it was always unlocked, or did you unlock so it could have any cell carrier?  Please let me know, because I would love to get mine working! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go into the notification settings on your blaz and select the notification widget and they should start coming through. You just won't be able to read your texts still

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze still isn't receiving notifications. Any update on when it will be compatible? There werent many changes from the S7 to S8 so I'm not sure how it isn't already compatible. I need this to be functioning for work. If it doesnt work I need a refund since the notifications is the only reason I purchased it. 

Best Answer

Go into the notification settings on your blaz and select the notification widget and they should start coming through. You just won't be able to read your texts still

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have already done that. I've tried everything I've read and nothing is working.
--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine didn't come through then I looked the the apps notifications picked the ones I wanted and then selected the notification widget and now they work. I just can't read my texts. But I can read my emails,messenger and WhatsApp

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I unlocked the security to bypass my fingerprint

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
So odd. My texts and emails work on my fit bit. Even now, after initially having to unlock the phone,  with the screen locked they come in with no problem. I wish you guys luck. Hopefully they are working on a fix. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes