Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing with iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have set up my blaze with my iPad, but when I go to pair it with my phone, it won't connect. I've restarted both the blaze and phone, turned my Bluetooth off and on, still no luck. Thoughts?!
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hello @Roth51781,

Welcome to the community!

Are you trying to pair it through your bluetooth settings?  If that the case, it won't work.  Fitbit devices don't pair that way.  If it's already paired with your account (presumably by the iPad) then just log into the Fitbit App and you should see it there in your account.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
I'm assuming you want notifications from your phone to Blaze.

Turn off your iPad, or turn off Bluetooth on your iPad.

Then try setting up Blaze with Fitbit app on your phone.

I don't have a Blaze, someone with your setup may have better advice.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
@bbarrera thanks for that hint, I finally got mine paired now 😊
Best Answer

@Jenn15 awesome, happy I could help

Best Answer
According to the help article:

"11. Follow the onscreen instructions to connect ("bond") your mobile device with your tracker. If you use the Fitbit app on more than one device or also use the fitbit.com dashboard, note that once the bond is in place you won't be able to sync your tracker to a second device unless you turn off Bluetooth on the bonded device or move at least 20 feet away from the bonded device."

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-receive-notifications-from-my-mobile-de...

You probably want to open iPad, go to Bluetooth settings, and forget the Blaze.

Best Answer
Thanks, shutting off Bluetooth on my iPad was the solution to pairing Blaze with my iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am gutted - every other app I use works on my iphone and ipad - apart from this one...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to pair it with just my iPhone could not do both! I took the Blaze
off my iPad for now!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Roth51781 welcome to the Fitbit Community! Where you able to set up the Blaze on your phone? If you haven't please consider that enabling call, text, or calendar notifications creates a Bluetooth "bond" between your tracker and mobile device. This bond prevents the tracker from syncing to a second mobile device or your computer.

• If you want to sync your tracker using another mobile device or your computer, you have two options:
    Temporarily disable Bluetooth on the bonded mobile device and then turn it back on later to re-enable notifications
    or
  • If you don't use notifications, remove the Bluetooth bond between your mobile device and the tracker

Also if your Blaze is set up to your account you just need to open the app and log in with your email and password to start using your tracker on another device. 

@PureEvil and @bbarrera thanks for your cooperation! 🙂 @Judy_O and @Jenn15 I'm glad to know this thread was helpful and your Blaze is working properly. @Gabriela_m what issues are you experiencing with your app? 

I'll be around if you have any questions! 😉 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

I entered a code to pair my fitbit blaze with my iphone and it is saying that is is pairing my tracker.  How long does this take?  It has been pairing for quite a few minutes.  Does it use bluetooth?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

same - how long is this supposed to take to pair?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has paired It takes ages and ages and ages - just be patient it will
pair eventually.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lizabee and @powahlisa it's great to have you here! 🙂 @lizabee I'm glad to know you where able to pair your Blaze with your iPhone. @powahlisa where you able to set up yours?  If you are having issues with the set up process try to restart your Blaze, then restart your phone and try the set up process again. 

Keep me posted! Woman Very Happy

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

I apologize ahead of time for what are probably dumb questions. I just got the Blaze - today. I followed the set-up directions, downloaded the app etc.  Used the app to "pair" using the number off the fitbit.  It has now been in "paring mode" for over three hours. My iphone6s says "Pairing your tracker . . . "  But, the little blue "progess bar" on the fitbit disappeared  and I now can see the "today," "exerise," "fitstar" etc. screens. If I tap on the fitbit screens it looks like things are working.  My iphone is still saying "pairing your tracker."  Is my fitbit "paired" and the message on my iphone just stuck?  I am afraid to touch anything if it is really still "pairing."  Am I supposed to get a message saying "pairing" is complete?  How do I know if the fitbit is paired? In the setting screen on the fitbit the setting says that bluetooth classic is off. My understanding is I don't need that on at this point unless I want to control music.  Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like it finaly did what it was supposed to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @shm welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂 I'm glad to know you where able to set up your Blaze. Regarding your question about music control, this feature has been improved for iOS users, now you are able to control your music using a Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) connection instead of BT Classic. You can read more about music control on the Blaze Music Control Information Post

I'll be around if you have any questions. 🙂 

Best Answer

Thank you! This  answered my problem. The minute I turned the Bluetooth off  on my iPad, it would think on my phone. 

Best Answer

Hi Angela 

interesring you say the bond prevents you from pairing with another device. My iPhone is connected to my two blaze's and they both are linked to my account. It's an accident as it's meant to be paired with my partners not mine, and now I can't unpaid either of them. I've done forget this device, and it still remembers both of them. Bizarre. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you consider ages?  I have tried 4 times now for more than an hour almost 2 hours one time and it still won't pair.  I don't have it on anyother devices, just bought it yesterday and can't use it, because the screen on the fitbit just keeps scrolling www.fitbit.com/setup

Best Answer