Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are there any plans to get the pixel 2 on the compatibility list???

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Kate8888. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

As of right now, we still don't have any news on making the Pixel 2 compatible with Fitbit. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the list of compatible devices for any update.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181

Hi there @Kate8888. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

As of right now, we still don't have any news on making the Pixel 2 compatible with Fitbit. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the list of compatible devices for any update.

Best Answer

Is there a reason it's not compatible? 

It seems all the latest phones are and the original pixel and pixel XL are?

Is there a reason there are no plans for the pixel 2 to be compatible?

Just seems odd.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Kate8888!

Most of the time, compatibility relies on the hardware part, not all phones will have the same components even when they're phones that just came out to the market. This, together with working with different software integrations makes some phones not to be compatible. I'm not saying this is the case with the Pixel 2 but we don't have still any news on if it will be made compatible in a near future.

Best Answer

I bloody hope so! I love my Blaze and my Pixel 2...not sure which would have to go first! 

Best Answer

I know I'm gutted!!! 

Didn't even think to check comparability as the Google pixel 2 was up there with Samsung and iPhone 8!

The Google pixel and pixel XL are compatible just not the 2 or 2XL!

Best Answer

Thankfully I have seen a number of posts with the same complaint...I am sure the awesome team at Fitbit (nudge, nudge) are on with getting it on the compatibility list! 🙂 

Best Answer

Haha like it!

Best Answer

Well this explains why nothing is syncing. Hoping it's.added soon. 

Best Answer

Wow, that's a major drag. I've been loving fitbits for a long time, but I absolutely won't pick my fitbit over my awesome pixel 2. This could be the end...

Best Answer

I have a Pixel 2 XL and I installed the November OTA update yesterday.  My Blaze synced to my Pixel this morning after several attempts.  

I'm not sure what's up but my Blaze battery life was only a single day yesterday.  I'm not sure if this is related to new firmware downloads, the repeated attempts to sync, or what...   but when the charged the blaze this morning, the time/date were wrong and I find the blaze really hates to sync when the date/time is different than the device it syncs to. 

Oh and now that the blaze has synced, it is having no problem syncing.  I should note the November Pixel OTA update has a lot of bluetooth fixes.  

https://developers.google.com/android/ota  is the location of the update

and 

https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/pixel/2017-11-01 is the security bulletin with the information.  

Best Answer

Mine is now syncing too and the app notifications are looking much more complete. It is patchy and I assume there will be another fix applied soon but at least it is syncing! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yet another Happy Pixel owner that just assumed since it's such a popular phone that compatibility would not be an issue.   Grrrr.  What a pain

Best Answer

Wow. Good thing I didn't buy the Ionic before my phone showed up. Unreal. 

Best Answer

Waiting for my Alta to sync to my Pixel 2. How long can it store the data while we wait for compatibility?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to say, I'm disappointed that my Blaze can't connect to the Pixel 2.  I just got the new ProjectFi device and it updated to Android 8.0 OTA, but still will not connect to the Blaze.  I was looking at the ionic as a Blaze replacement, but this might be the end of Fitbit for me.

Best Answer

I was having issues with my pixel 2 and my new fitbit ionic! Didn't even think to check compatibility!! Messing around with things yesterday after it wouldn't sync, but now it does! Here's another option to try! 

~In the app go to your account

~click on your device

~turn off all day sync

~scroll down and turn off always connected

~leave the app/close app for a few min

~go back in and turn them both back on! 

My ionic is now connected! Saw others with issues, thought I'd share what I got to work in hopes it works for others! 🙂 

Best Answer

Thanks! I've done that so let's see if notifications come though ... Have you managed to get it to sync your music? Mine still won't

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had all notifications and everything come though! I haven't tried music yet! I was at work and haven't been home much to do that sync yet... It will be a few days before I will try that but can let you know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just re-paired it and it seems to have worked!!!!! 

It's now staying no music as my Spotify isn't on not "not connected" like it has been saying ...it's looking hopeful! 

Best Answer