Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move on Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Didn't hit 250 steps this hour? Well get moving!

With the latest update, you can now track your hourly activity progress right on your Blaze. Enable reminders to move in your device settings and check it out! Robot Very Happy

RTM-Reminder.gif

RTM-Goal-Hour.gif

RTM-Goal-Day.gif

The reminders to move feature nudges you to walk at least 250 steps each hour. If you haven't walked 250 steps, at 10 minutes before the hour you'll feel a vibration and see a reminder on your tracker. You can select between 5 to 14 consecutive hours in the day, and you can also select the days you would like to receive reminders to move.

You can view your hourly activity progress on your Blaze by going into the "Today" app and scrolling down. Here's a few examples of how it will appear on your device (the left image shows different variations, these do not all show at once):

Hour Progress - goal not met.pngToday Stats in Progress.png

Note: It will show the amount of steps you have for the current hour (138 steps this hour) until you hit 250 steps, in which case, it will then switch to how many hours you've completed your 250 steps (e.g. 8/9 hours). If you've achieved the 250 steps for every single hour, then it will switch to the green "9/9 hours".

Have any questions or feedback about this feature? Then let us know! Be sure to check out our reminders to move help article for more detailed information. Smiley Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
159 REPLIES 159

Wow, beautifully implemented!

Best Answer

YES!!!!! So excited!!! I've been setting an alarm to go off every hour to remind me to walk around, but this is so much better!!!!

Best Answer

Great Job Fitbit.    Thanks also to Andrew.  Loving the improvments

Best Answer
Love it! Just checked my Blaze. I was hoping this would show on the today app. So glad it is there.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndrewFitbit wrote:

You can view your hourly activity progress on your Blaze by going into the "Today" app and scrolling down. Here's a few examples of how it will appear on your device (the left image shows different variations, these do not all show at once):

Hour Progress - goal not met.pngToday Stats in Progress.png

So when do certin things appear, if I look now it says I have 31 steps this hour.....do I assume that once I hit 250 for the hour the X of Y shows up?  Guess I could go walk around my floor and get my own answer there.  Cat Frustrated

Best Answer
That is what mine did. Works well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mcrmama wrote:
That is what mine did. Works well.

So mine sort of worked, but it only shows 1 out of 13 not my 5, I guess it did not grab the pre-update info, no big deal.

Unfortuantely though I wanted until 2:52 and never got a reminder.  So went and did those steps and it buzzed when I hit 250.  I went into the app and turned the reminder off and back on and did a sync, so time to sit still for another 50 minutes and see if I get the reminder 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I am actually getting this notifications as well and only showing the 1 of 10 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone 😃🌸🐶
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recieved my blaze today, and it started the firmware update, for me it shows, 17.8.200.3

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple time to get the clock, I am talking about the old one, new ones I guess are not there in this firmware, The sync takes forever, by forever I mean 10, sometimes 20 minutes and sometime time it won't sync till I remove the device from app and add it again. Have been trying the entire day to connect to GPS of phone no success at all. Really disappointed after spending $245, including shipping and custom. Except for step count nothing is getting synced, the Fitbit Charge which I was using was doing a far better job. Will check out for a week more, if it behaves the same than I would have no option other than asking for a refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heart it, moving more cause the new adventures and reminders to move. 😽

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo wrote:

So when do certin things appear, if I look now it says I have 31 steps this hour.....do I assume that once I hit 250 for the hour the X of Y shows up?  Guess I could go walk around my floor and get my own answer there.  Cat Frustrated

@racertempo Ah yes, I should have explained that better. Thanks for pointing that out! Robot wink

It will show the amount of steps you have for the current hour (138 steps this hour) until you hit 250 steps, in which case, it will then switch to how many hours you've completed your 250 steps (e.g. 8/9 hours). If you've achieved the 250 steps for every single hour, then it will switch to the green "9/9 hours". 🙂

If it continues to show the incorrect hours completed based on what you've selected, please let me know.

@binod The firmware update currently is only available to a small percentage of users. It will get to everyone eventually, keep an eye on the main firmware thread.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Its not showing and reminder isn't working as well.

Best Answer

I do not understand how does reminder work.

Today it did not remind me at all. Although I have not done 250 steps at least 2 hours.

Yesterday I received notification, but the vibration was so weak that I hardly noticed it.

Best Answer

I have the blaze as well, and I am not seeing this option... Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@hokerchic, do you have the update? If so, you have to turn it on in settings of the app if that is not already turned on. Your progress will show in the today app and the reminder will come as a notification at 10 minutes before the hour if you have not yet reached 250 steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
my current firmware is: 17.8.200.3 is that current? i just bought the
Blaze on Monday, so I assume it's current. If so, i have tried looking for
the setting on the app which is on my phone.... and I'm on the website,
using the fitbit dashboard site, clicking on the gear icon and there isn't
an option to enable the reminders.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Blaze Firmware Update - 17.8.301.4

Best Answer
0 Votes
The reminder to move is in the new firmware that has not yet been released to everyone. Hopefully it will roll out in the next few days to those that do not yet have it. You will see an arrow in your app letting you know the update is available to update your Blaze. You can turn on the settings for reminder to move in the meantime to give you a graph but you will not get the reminders yet.
Best Answer
Thank you SOOOO very much!!!
Best Answer