Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move on Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Didn't hit 250 steps this hour? Well get moving!

With the latest update, you can now track your hourly activity progress right on your Blaze. Enable reminders to move in your device settings and check it out! Robot Very Happy

RTM-Reminder.gif

RTM-Goal-Hour.gif

RTM-Goal-Day.gif

The reminders to move feature nudges you to walk at least 250 steps each hour. If you haven't walked 250 steps, at 10 minutes before the hour you'll feel a vibration and see a reminder on your tracker. You can select between 5 to 14 consecutive hours in the day, and you can also select the days you would like to receive reminders to move.

You can view your hourly activity progress on your Blaze by going into the "Today" app and scrolling down. Here's a few examples of how it will appear on your device (the left image shows different variations, these do not all show at once):

Hour Progress - goal not met.pngToday Stats in Progress.png

Note: It will show the amount of steps you have for the current hour (138 steps this hour) until you hit 250 steps, in which case, it will then switch to how many hours you've completed your 250 steps (e.g. 8/9 hours). If you've achieved the 250 steps for every single hour, then it will switch to the green "9/9 hours".

Have any questions or feedback about this feature? Then let us know! Be sure to check out our reminders to move help article for more detailed information. Smiley Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
159 REPLIES 159
I have the reminder to move & like it. I do think the reminder could be set a little earlier, ie 15 minutes rather then 10.
Best Answer
I have a Blaze and I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6Edge+....it is NOT alerting me with 'reminders to move.' I have also checked to make sure I have the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android. Please suggest/help. Thank you in advance.
Best Answer
I have the update and have been really liking the reminder to move feature. I noticed today that I am not getting the reminders. I noticed it this morning so I purposely waited for it a couple of times today and nothing. It is tracking well in the today app so keeping tabs on it that way. It worked fine yesterday. There was a couple times that I wondered if I missed it before but it did not pop up at all today. I tried shutting down the blaze and rebooting it but that did not change anything.
Best Answer

I got the update last week, minus the watch faces. The reminders to move is what I wanted, and they work good so far. I did run into something last week, and was wondering why it was that way. I charged my Blaze during the day. While I was doing that, I used my fitbit app on my phone to walk around and such. I got more than 250 steps in an hour, but it never registered on my Blaze after I took it off charge. Will only the Blaze steps count then, and no other device. Not a huge deal, but this is why I use the phone to track steps when my Blaze is not with me. Normal?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, @SunsetRunner, I don't know the answer to your question. That is a good one though.

Just thought I would update that my reminder to move started notifying me again after I charged. perhaps it had something to do with me syncing to my iPad the other night when my son was using my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The steps should show after asuccessful sync, removing the blaze from the account should not change anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It happened to me again yesterday. Charging Blaze, using the i-phone app. Got about a 1000 steps, which did register but not as an hourly move. 

Best Answer

Great job Fitbit this is what we all wanted you are the best monitor Andrew tank you so much

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer

Hey McrMama,

I still haven't gotten the update!!!  where exactly should I be looking for the arrow?  Do you think it just hasn't been pushed to me yet?  Thanks a bunch!

Edited: I found the answer after reading the whole thread!  thanks everyone for being patient and answering questions!

Best Answer
@hokeechic let's go look at the main pinned post about the update. Nope it's a RT that saint been released to you yet. Sitting the first day of release there where some users with major problems while others had none. So the update was put on hold.
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-Firmware-Release-17-8-301-4-Updated-9-19/td-p/1557576
Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks so much! I just had to go back and read the whole thread and
realized exactly what you replied to me! appreciate everyone's help! 🙂
Have a blessed day!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the reminders, but I think they need to buzz a little longer to actaully get my attention. And maybe 15 minutes before the end of the hour instead of 10 minutes. 

Best Answer

This is a key feature that I found was missing in the Blaze vs. competitors (Jawbone has had this for as long as I've known about them), so I'm glad we're finally getting this feature!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well i am a bit dissapiinted that i have not received this update yet. I guess i will go on being dissapointed until i do get it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yay, great feature! This is why I bought the device in the first place
Fitbit Blaze and Samsung S4. Previously Charge HR (wasn't as waterproof as I thought) and One (If you find it can you let me know)
Best Answer

I have a fitbit blaze and i do not think it is updating. i do not have reminder to move oir any of the new freatures on the update.  Also i cant seem to reboot my blaze by pushing the two right hand buttons. Please advise. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
The update is still in the middle of rolling out so not everyone has it yet. The reset should be left and bottom right buttons I think.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is what I am looking forward to the most in the new operating system release. Thank you so much!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mcrmama wrote:
@racertempo, du dit ever adjust for you? Just thinking that sometimes the app does not update right away. Would have had to have been the last one though if that was the issue.
Have had the same issue and the hour after is updated so why not the previous hour hour which I completed the 250+ steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received the update. Now I can see the hours I moved 250+ steps on my Blaze. But why does it say 0/8 hours for today? The app says 4 hours. I just restarted the Blaze, no change.

Best Answer
0 Votes