Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S5 and Connected GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Connects fine for the fitbit app. When trying to use connected GPS, I get the "check the app" message. Location services on phone are on. GPS is working fine on the phone. Any ideas?
Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

@jtmbell The app has to be open as well. Is your app open?

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes
@emersonfit HI, es the app is open and I have bluetooth connection.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@emersonfit - I've tried everything I can possible think of. App is open, blaze and S5 are connected. Location services are on and fitbit has all permissions. Still get the "Check fitbit app". Its not worth sending back for another replacement, but it would be nice if it worked. Running is my primary activity.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Two thoughts would be to completly shut the phone down,  this is the only way to definately reset the phones hardware. 

Second thought would be to remove the Fitbit app and reinstall. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Rich_Laue Thanks for the suggestions. Have done both, twice.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would contact Fitbit,  they have a way of seeing the back end of what is happening with your tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@EmersonFitbit - "I've tried everything I can possible think of. App is open, blaze and S5 are connected. Location services are on and fitbit has all permissions. Still get the "Check fitbit app". Its not worth sending back for another replacement, but it would be nice if it worked. Running is my primary activity."
Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmersonFitbit Still no luck in using Connected GPS on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Just curious, is anyone else using Connected GPS with a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active.  I think I've tried everything, but maybe I'm missing something.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the same problem with IPhone 5s. Have the app open, Bluetooth is connected, but when I try to sync for my runs it says check Fitbit App. Tried deleting and resetting phone. Still not working. Pretty frustrating as having my stats on my wrists while I run is one of the main reasons I made the jump from Charge HR.
Best Answer

@ccrawford - did you go into the phone's settings and set Fitbit to "Always" for location services?

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes
That did work. Thank you so much. I had it on "while using app" which I thought would work.
Best Answer

@ccrawford  Glad you got yours working.  Android does not have the "while using app" for location services so I'm still at a loss.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have the same problem with my phone huawei p8.
App open bt connected and all permissions but on my blaze check fitbit app.
Do you have problems also issues with notification?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah, the App has to be open.  That was my issue.  Thanks for the help!  

Best Answer
For anyone else that may have this issue with Samsung Galaxy S5 - I turned on "notifications" and now I can use "connected gps".
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jtmbell@ccrawford@Kmransom123@kevinpars and @ScaD it's great to have you here! 🙂 @jtmbell thanks for sharing the troubleshoot, I'm glad to know you can now use the connected GPS. @ScaD Do you have the notifications "On" ?  Please take some time to review this thread about Connected GPS for any inquiry about this feature. 

Let me know how it goes! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,
I love my blaze 🙂 but gew issues.!
If i want to use connected gps. My phone (huawei p8) says "check fitbit app"
App is open, bt is connected and all permissions ennabled. But he won't connect.
By notification, same problem. I follow the online setup,my Phone gives popup "notification are running" but i don t recieve any notifications.
My phone syncs perfect with fitbit app and in dashboard is written "connected" but my blaze doesn't appear in paired devices on my phone. Is this te problem? i don't know. When i search for devices he finds the blaze. But when i want to connect, my phones says ''blaze denied.
Best Answer

Hello @ScaD! 🙂 have you tried the procedure advised on this help article to get the notifications on your Blaze? 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have tried it a few times, but no results;

I am going to find a solution, i won't give up Smiley Happy

Anyone with a android phone: can you look of the blaze in the list of paired devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes