Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Log: 0 Time Asleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/17/2018: We're aware of an issue where users who logged sleep may see their time asleep as 0 minutes.

We're working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we have a workaround:

Workaround:

• Manually edit your sleep log (hit the "edit" button at the top right of the app and change your start OR end time by 1 minute.
  • Save the change
  • This will recalculate your sleep and should resolve the issue.

I will have more information for you once this has been fully resolved. Thanks for your reports and continued patience as we work on a fix.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This issue has been resolved

Fitbit Update 04/17/2018: We're aware of an issue where users who logged sleep may see their time asleep as 0 minutes.

We're working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we have a workaround:

Workaround:

• Manually edit your sleep log (hit the "edit" button at the top right of the app and change your start OR end time by 1 minute.
  • Save the change
  • This will recalculate your sleep and should resolve the issue.

I will have more information for you once this has been fully resolved. Thanks for your reports and continued patience as we work on a fix.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

My fitbit didnt calculate my sleep last night - I can tell it tracked my sleep, but it's showing up as 0 hours. I can see a start time and end time, but even after refreshing the screen, nothing is updating. Any idea why?

Image-1 (1).pngImage-1.pngImage-1.png

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Kcandsunshine! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your tracker didn't record Sleep Stages for you last night.

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information about why you see your sleep pattern, tap or click the sleep record that shows your sleep pattern.

Image of fitbit app explaining why sleep stages are not available.

Hope this helps and if you need further assistance, please let me know!
Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep graph for last night clearly showed over 5 hours of various sleep stages captured. But according to the app, the total was 0 minutes for each stage with a total of 0. 

Best Answer

Hi - I’ve the exact same problem just this morning

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem today - have tried everything to fix it!

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing last night

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just sent a tweet with screen shots
https://mobile.twitter.com/LorenBruner/status/986059723739881472
Loren Bruner

Best Answer
0 Votes

And just got the record, I restarted and refreshed the app, restarted my phone and my Blaze. 

Best Answer

I too have same problem. My last night sleep is showing 0. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me. I have done a reset and restarted the phone and Bluetooth. I see Charge2 owners are having the same problem (their issue has already got a google search link operating which then bought me here) so looks like a generic issue.

3C3F3F84-A3F5-43E6-9A5C-E61E7E45A0F7.png

E2472264-8698-418A-A002-38912119BAAE.png

Best Answer

I’ve now sent an email to tge support team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Response to my tweet;

Thanks for the report, Loren! This is a known issue and our site team is working to correct it. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal very soon.

Best Answer

Ok so here’s a workaround: go to the day in the sleep log that has the error. Tap on the three dots at the top right of the screen (that’s how it works for iOS, anyway) and select Edit Log. You don’t actually have to change anything, just save and it will recalculate your sleep. 

Best Answer
I have done it & it worked very well. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me too, thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Done, now the sleep log recalculated. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad I checked this as I was ready to buy a new fitbit from frustration at trying everything else first haha

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just did the same thing last night. I have a charge 2 though. I have the sleep colors/types and if you go to the detailed view it says the time for each section. What it didn't do was add up the totals and show the sleep insights.

Best Answer
0 Votes