Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Log: 0 Time Asleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/17/2018: We're aware of an issue where users who logged sleep may see their time asleep as 0 minutes.

We're working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we have a workaround:

Workaround:

• Manually edit your sleep log (hit the "edit" button at the top right of the app and change your start OR end time by 1 minute.
  • Save the change
  • This will recalculate your sleep and should resolve the issue.

I will have more information for you once this has been fully resolved. Thanks for your reports and continued patience as we work on a fix.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79
Do you have to shutdown your Fitbit and restart it
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ksteelo, no updates are not automatic. I waited a couple of days before doing it because I was travelling. 

The Blaze device switches itself off and restart.,you don't have to actually manually do it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why ask me I started this thread because mine has gone wrong

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I meant to start a new thread, but it seems I failed that.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very glad to see this on here this morning. I have a different but related problem that this fix helped me with. I've had some insomnia issues the past month and sometimes I wake in the middle of the night--might be for a few minutes, might be an hour or two--and when I do, sometimes my Fitbit Blaze doesn't track all my sleep.

For example, last night, I went to bed at 11pm, up at 12 for the bathroom, then back to bed and as far as I know, I slept the rest of the night. This morning my Fitbit said I went to bed at 2:15am. but by going into the edit settings, I was able to manually adjust my sleep start time and then it all showed up on the graph-even with light and deep sleep stages noted prior to 2:15am. Very happy that I can now adjust if needed. I also took a 1 hour nap a few days ago in the afternoon and it didn't get recorded at all, so I was able to manually enter that.

I wonder why it does this? Is it maybe that I'm tossing and turning enough that it thinks I'm still awake? Would changing the settings on the Fitbit (sensitivity, dominant vs nondominant hand, etc.) help? I am ambidextrous and wear it on my right hand, set for dominant hand because I thought it was overestimating my calorie burns.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has not resolved my issue. My sleep is not logging on most days and I don't want to do it manually as I sleep so badly I'd like to know exactly - not have to work it out. 

I've reset. I've tried manual (don't often know what time I wake, sleep, wake etc... 

Also, the battery has started to drain in just a day or so, not 5 or more days. 

This is the 4th one I've had - I love it when it works, but paying this amount of money for something that really isn't doing its job?! 

Best Answer
Please note I am not giving advice on how to correct issues. I started thread to try and find ways to resolve my own issue with my tracker.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So sorry - I obviously replied to the wrong message! Thank you... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey all, I hope you are doing well!

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

In the meantime, I recommend editing your sleep information by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I change my sleep history?, you should see an accurate sleep log after doing this.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra

This is very disingenuous of you. The original post in this topic was posted April 17th 2018, we are now at the end of August and there has been no fix, despite the “our team is aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible”

Clearly Fitbit isn’t working to resolve otherwise they would have done it by now. It really is very poor customer service on the part of the company that they continually abuse and ignore their customers. There are plenty of other tracking devices out there with from my own experience a much superior level of Customer Service.

Best Answer

Hey @AlacrityF174, it's great to see you here.

I appreciate the feedback provided and your patience while our team work in fixing this issue. At the moment of having any kind of update about this, we will be glad to share it with you.

If you need anything else, let me know. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still happening to me. Any update on when a fix will be deployed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit sent me a new one.

Thanks

Dedra Walker
Best Answer
0 Votes

Despite me trying your solution, my tracker is still not recording my sleep properly. Last night I know I slept from around 11 - 2am, and was awake for an hour or so, then back to sleep until 6.45. However my Blaze recorded 1hour 4 minutes.

I've reset the app, the Blaze, followed your procedures etc... One of the reasons I got a sleep tracker is due to my illness but it isn't working, and that was the biggest reason I chose the Blaze. I don't want to have to manually put it in - that won't help my doctors assess my sleep. Is there a fix yet? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If your Blaze is older than 12 months, even by one day, your screwed. This has been a known issue with them for over a year now and they are not going to fix it since they discontinued the Blaze line. Your only hope is if you can prove your Blaze is less than 12 months old, then they will send you a new one.

I was at 13 months so I received 10% consolation prize off a new Fitbit. I have since switched to Garmin watch for my sleep tracking. Not as fancy as Fitbit readout but it gets the job done.

Good luck!

- Judy
Best Answer

My issue is a bit different - there isn't even a sleep entry for the past two nights. The last sleep entry is on Sunday night, so I can't use the workaround.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates on this fix? I have given up on restarting, re-adding, re-pairing, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had one of my trackers start acting right but as of the beginning of this week that stopped. It seems as though Fitbit is trying to do some fixing up but it's not workingSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. No entry at all, or it only records my sleep as from 0430-0540 but I went sleep at 2200. I’ve tried all the recommended work arounds to no avail. Most vexing. 

Best Answer

My Blaze stopped working, Fitbit offered me a 25% discount on a new Fitbit, what a joke.  Thanks, but no thanks.

Best Answer