Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blaze and text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
So I got my blaze yesterday and had no problem syncing it with my Samsung Galaxy Note III but here is the problem I get notifications when a text comes in but it's just a green bubble that says messaging with a white bubble under it that says new message but it doesn't say who it's from or what the message says. I just can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy
Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @blueaugust29! I just solved this problem myself yesterday. In order to fix this, go into your message settings on your phone, and select preview message. This will show you a preview of the text in your phone notifications, which is also how it sends it over to your new Blaze!

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
Thanks MakMak I actually just fixed it just before I saw your post. Thanks!
I will say that at first I didn't know how to get to the settings in my message app so for anyone else out there that doesn't know how ...this is what I did on my galaxy note III
I hit the message icon like I was going to send a text then at the bottom left of the screen I hit the menu button ....then settings then...notifications...then I made sure that pop-up display was checked as well as preview message. Now it works no problem
Oh I did restart the phone just to make sure the settings were updated.
Hope this helps others

Sent from my iPad

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

Hi, @blueaugust29! I just solved this problem myself yesterday. In order to fix this, go into your message settings on your phone, and select preview message. This will show you a preview of the text in your phone notifications, which is also how it sends it over to your new Blaze!

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
Thanks MakMak I actually just fixed it just before I saw your post. Thanks!
I will say that at first I didn't know how to get to the settings in my message app so for anyone else out there that doesn't know how ...this is what I did on my galaxy note III
I hit the message icon like I was going to send a text then at the bottom left of the screen I hit the menu button ....then settings then...notifications...then I made sure that pop-up display was checked as well as preview message. Now it works no problem
Oh I did restart the phone just to make sure the settings were updated.
Hope this helps others

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Tried all of the above and stil getting new message in bubble 😞 

Best Answer

Same with me on my Verizon Droid Turbo 2.  I get the Bubble with you have 1 new message.  Message+ is what I chose in the Android App, and I get the notification but Message+ doesn't have a 'preview' choice that I can find.

Best Answer

My Verizon Droid Turbo does the same thing. I cannot find a preview anywhere to choose so I can view the message

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is an issue with messages+.  I switched to messages and I receive all the text messages on the Blaze.  I also find that I have to restart my phone every morning or I don't get the text messages on the Blaze.

Best Answer
I use Handscent, it works great and gives you a lot of options.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any resolution to the Droid 2?  I really want to access the feature as it was part of my decision to purchase this particular device.  ugh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want info on this too

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jonovello wrote:

There is an issue with messages+.  I switched to messages and I receive all the text messages on the Blaze.  I also find that I have to restart my phone every morning or I don't get the text messages on the Blaze.

This is a habit now with me, as well. Frustrating and shouldn't have to be done, but we all choose what we're willing to put up with as far as inconvenience. So far, I'm willing. Things are starting to add up, though.

Best Answer
Where do you change that? I don't know what Message + is
Best Answer
I have the app on my phone for my Fitbit Blaze, but I do not receive any notifications on my Fitbit, any suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

i am having that same problem. please let me know what to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
messages+ is a Verizon-only tool, so if you don't have Verizon as your carrier, you won't ever use messages+.

I don't use Verizon anymore, but if I did I still wouldn't use their tool for messaging. Why would I, when there are much better options for text messaging on Android (Textra, Handcent, or even Hangouts). I use textra, and it does have preview enabled, and I get all texts on my blaze.

I may do a test later with preview disabled, to see the difference at my blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Note Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and i have done everything instructed to, and it is still not working. what else do i need to be doing? I could use some help with this. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

@AAverin I've moved youe post to the solved thread, you will find the solved answer above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have a Droid Turbo?

Best Answer
0 Votes

yeah me too, I'm about to return it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes