Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After charging display stuck on battery icon

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I charged my fitbit charge 2 this morning and when I took it off charge, the battery symbol has remained. I cannot get it to go back to tracking steps or anything else. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Try restarting it using this procedure:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

It does no harm and can sort out all sorts of issues

Best Answer

@AngieMassey It's great to have you here! Did the restart that @SteveH suggested worked for your tracker? I also suggest you clean the contacts by using a toothpick or toothbrush then use cotton with rubbing alcohol (also use this on the charging cable), then try restarting your tracker. This will ensure that a good contact is being made and this will help with the restart and charging process.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I am facing the same issue. Fitbit Chare2is stuck at the charging symbol. Unable to restart the band. Tried to hold the butter for more than 30 secs but no luck. Please suggest, what can be done

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully you figured it out by now, but if you didn't, try holding the button while it is clipped into its charger.

Mine was also stuck and wouldn't reset if I held the button while it wasn't connected to the charger, but sure enough it did reset when I tried holding the button while it was connected.  🙂

Best Answer

My Fitbit charge 2 had a constant battery symbol also.  I got a notice to update.  After updating my Fitbit was restored to its normal operating parameters.  Everything is working normal

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I know this is an old thread but maybe somebody will see!

I have the same problem with the frozen battery on screen but none of the repair steps noted in this thread are working. Also, yesterday's steps carried over to today, did not restart at midnight. I did not change time zones.

I tried uninstall and reinstall of app, tried a restart of the fitbit several times (with pressing the button 3 times with that little vibration after each), tried holding that button for 10-12 seconds, tried cleaning the contacts. .

Nothing.

Yesterday afternoon the fitbit screen began flashing wildly and then by this morning it had worn itself out and the battery was dead. Now plugged back into the charger it appears half charged but again, battery icon stuck on screen.  Might anyone know what to do at this point?

Fitbit customer service was helpful in the early days of my Fitbit use, seems almost impossible to get a real human and helpful info anymore. Maybe need to find another brand. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit also showed a constant battery charged symbol. After trying all
the information I found, I got a notice to update my Fitbit. The update
resolved the issue. Everything is now working as it should.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad that worked for you Walt.  The update didn't work for mine so it appears  it's really kaput. A shame - too much plastic stuff has short lifespan and ends up in landfills or ocean.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!! It worked 👏🏼 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @Mrs.CA Welcome to the community forums! 

It's great to hear that the instructions shared in this thread worked for you! I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes