Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I reset steps that didn't reset at midnight?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my steps don't seem to have rest at midnight last night meaning I woke up having done 10K+ steps... js there a way I can delete these manually? And is there a reason for this glitch?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It's nice to see you around the forums @PeteJM! As you just mentioned, it seems that your tracker forgot to reset the information by itself (hardware issue), when this happens, even if you try to restart your tracker, delete the app, negate the steps, this won't work. Everything will be back to normal the next midnight when your tracker resets the information as it should. There's nothing to worry about my friend, this happened to me once and I had to wait the next midnight in order for it correct itself Smiley Very Happy (I know this can be annoy, I feel you). 

However, I'd recommend reset your tracker by following these steps to refresh it internally, but don't forget the restart won't help to erase the steps it has already today. 

If this seems not to be fixed by tomorrow, let me know! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me but it's been TWO days in a row now. I haven't been very active this week and yet I was at 6000 steps before noon yesterday... not possible. And today I hit 10,000 walking in to work this morning.  ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanx for the info, I also am having this issue, I’ve had my Fitbit for 3yrs now never encountered anything wrong, until now, I have logged out an reset with different email an lost all information An friends list, steps never reset!! I’m hoping at midnight it resets An goes back to zero!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes