Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 - battery icon is not displaying

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

During the Fitbit setup, I was instructed that the battery was low so that it should be charged.  I followed the steps in the video but although the tracker vibrated, no battery icon has displayed.  I tried restarting device but the screen is not responding and is still displaying the Fitbit/setup icon.

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39
Spoiler
I have the same problem. I'm waiting to see if it charges anyway and if it can be sorted once charged! 
Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. Waiting for answer as well. 

Best Answer

@Cathy611 @Jackie67 @wudi0819 If your Charge 2's still show the fitbit.com/setup icon on your device, you'll need to finish the setup process by pairing your Charge 2 to your Fitbit account. Click here for instructions on how to pair your tracker to your account.

Once you've updated your Charge 2's firmware to version 22.48.14, you can add the battery meter to your Charge 2's menu using the Fitbit App by following the instructions here.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi, Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately this has not resolved the problem. I have already downloaded the app and the app has paired with the device. It shows the firmware version is: 22.22.20.17. The sync process seems to work as well. It can show if the Charge 2 device has low battery or battery full, but nothing happens on the Charge 2 screen. It only shows a mobile phone logo and a line of text of "www.fitbit.com/setup. No other responce! I have tried to press the button on the device to "restart" it, but nothing happened unfortunately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wudi0819 It looks like you are using dated firmware, which is why you aren't able to add the battery indicator.

The battery indicator is a new feature that was released in the latest firmware version, 22.48.14. In order to get this feature you'll need to update your tracker's firmware to the latest version. Click here for instructions how to update.

Once your tracker is updated, you can use the instructions in my previous post to add the battery indicator to your Charge 2's on-device menu.

Keep me posted if you need any additional help.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice. I found out the update finally started after rebooted my mobile phone. Now it is the right version and it has started working. Many thanks. 

Best Answer

Thanks for asking this question  -  I was having the same problem.

Best Answer

Is this possible from the Android phone app??  If so "how" -- I have the latest firmware, however nothing seems to add the battery icon and the link to the "instructions" previously does not help at all...there is no "tracker Icon" that leads anywhere but the firmware version...Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NU0XJAY through the app the steps are Account - Charge 2 - Menu Items

Best Answer
Thanks Rich!

Jay Mabey
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DerrickS Just like Jackie67, I just opened up my Charge 2 and began pairing it . The app says I've paired it, but cannot do anything else because the battery is too low. I get the screen www.fitbit.com/setup. Is it charging? Shall I leave it for 2 hours and then come back and try to update the firmware?

Best Answer

Did you feel a vibration when plugging it in? 

What are you charging through? 

Best Answer
It's plugged into my computer. When I squeeze it, it vibrates.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave it 2 hours of questionable charging and it looks like it's all charged up. Yay. thanks for the guidance - I connected it to the computer for charging btw.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. The firmwire update information was very helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

u need to have charge to do the update and u need the update to charge the fitbit but the problem is the battery was low out of the box and im stuck in this endless loop

Best Answer

Um can't pair bcos it needs a charge, can't charge bcos it needs pairing? Where am I???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@K513, you don't need to pair the tracker, in fact you can not pair the tracker to your phone*, for the tracker to charge.

When you plug the tracker in to charge, did you feel a vibration? This vibration is telling you that the tracker is charging.

*you did not pair the Flex, but you set it up to your Fitbit account. Then the app paired the tracker to the phone.

Best Answer

Thank you Rich, I let it charge for about 2 hrs and it paired without problem. All good now!

Best Answer