Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 - battery icon is not displaying

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

During the Fitbit setup, I was instructed that the battery was low so that it should be charged.  I followed the steps in the video but although the tracker vibrated, no battery icon has displayed.  I tried restarting device but the screen is not responding and is still displaying the Fitbit/setup icon.

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Until yesterday, the last screen on my charge 2 was the battery level. Now the last screen shows whether notifications are on or off . What have I done??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't know what you did, have you tried adding it to the menu again, it is tye same steps you did to add it before?

Best Answer

i can't find a menu option on the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open the app, click 9n the picture of your tracker, tap Menu items.

Here you can add/remove/reorder 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Derrick,

Thank you!  I was having the same issues and with your help and instructions I updated the firmware and set the menu options and my fitbit is showing the charge.  Now I can continue with setup!  Thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem...a circle....did you ever get yours resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes
yes, i needed the firmware update like DerrickS had said. working great now!
Best Answer
0 Votes

battery not dispaying on my Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

During the Fitbit setup, I was instructed that the battery was low so that it should be charged. I followed the steps in the video but although the tracker vibrated, no battery icon has displayed. I tried restarting device but the screen is not responding and is still displaying the Fitbit/setup icon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MOS1 as mentioned above, as long as you see the setup message there will not be a battery icon dieting charging. As long as you felt a vibration when plugging in. It is charging. 

@healthywalking what is displaying on the Charge 2? 

Best Answer

Battery icon does not display when charger is used.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jrmirr has your Charge 2 been setup yet? Have you read my last post? 

Best Answer

Charging fitbit not showing battery icon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery icon not on display 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought new fitbit2 charger and I've had it on charge for 4 hours and there is no battery icon showing. I cant get past the initial message or get to the version number even.  I have paired it to my mobile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help us please

@Lynnembeggs what is it your doing that you say the battery icon should show? Has the Charge 2 been setup and connected to your Fitbit account? 

@Gillieoz you say that you paired to your mobile, but the setup message still shows. 

It sounds as if instructions where not followed and you paired it through the phones Bluetooth screen .

You will need to unpaid the tracker from the phone and use the Fitbit app to setup the tracker to your account. TgusTis done through the Fitbit app. not the Bluetooth of the phone. 

As for seeing the battery icon , as explained above, this will not be displayed until after the tracker is setup. 

As for the version number, until the firmware is loaded, the tracker. It has a very minimum firmware. 

How do I set up my Fitbit device?
Set up and get started using your new device.
Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?
Make sure your phone, tablet, or computer meets all the requirements for getting started with your Fitbit device.
Best Answer

Well there use to be a battery icon  on my fit bit a couple weeks ago ,then I charged the fit bit Charger2  a couple of days ago  no battery  icon to show how low the battery is.  But it's ok .thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lynnembeggs so your saying that the Charge 2 is already set up to your account? If so then to see the battery level you simply will want to add the battery menu. 

How do I customize the menus on my Charge 2?

Learn how to add, delete, and re-order the menus that appear on your Fitbit Charge 2.

My questions have simply been aimed at trying to ascertain what state each tracker mentioned in this thread is at. IE has tgettracker already been setup or not. 
Best Answer

Good Morning freccle, My wife lost her "Battery_Level" Icon on her Charge_2 also.. It was the last item as you stepped thru the Menu_Items, by continuously pressing the button on the left side of the Tracker.. Then for some unknown reason, the Battery_Icon disappeared; and the last Item is/was the "Notification" On/Off Icon; Not the Battery Icon.. Read multiple Posts that stated the Watch/Tracker needs to be at a "Higher/Later" Rev than the "22.20.17", such as "22.48.14" or higher.. Of course, both of our Trackers were 22.58.00.. And both of our Watches had been previously showing the Battery_Icon. Now for some reason, my Tracker continued to show Battery_Icon, but the Wife's Tracker would Not.. Other Posts mention the "Menu_Items" (between "Customize_Display & Clock_Display) Setting in the FitBit_App, and make sure to check the box for Battery_Icon. Initially, when we reviewed the various Menu_Items under the Charge_2 Account, we did NOT see the Battery_Icon option to be Checked.. The last/bottom Item was "Notifications", then Verbiage of "Hide, Show, and Re-Order the Screens, etc.. Well, Lo & Behold, our "Smartphone Screen" was NOT big enough to Show/Display the "Battery_Icon" setting. We had to scroll up "Heart_Rate --- Notifications" to see the Battery Option.. And for some Unknown Reason, the "Battery" was NOT Checked.. How that happened, we do not know.. But once we checked the Battery Setting Box, Re-Synced the Charge_2 to the App, the Battery Level is now displayed, after the Notifications Screen.. Hope this helps..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to the settings and add the battery icon, it will be the same process that was done to add the battery icon before. 

This is explained in your online user guide

Best Answer
0 Votes