Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing with OnePlus 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 2 stopped synching with OnePlus5 last Sunday at 23:56 (11:56 pm). I have tried restarting my Fitbit while at the same time turning off the Bluetooth and WiFi on the mobile and turning the mobile off as well. Still synching doesn't work. Synching with my Samsung tab work normally. Can anyone help?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It's nice to see you around @Jauza! Thanks for already troubleshooting this syncing issue, nice way to go my friend! Smiley Very Happy

The reason why your tracker is not syncing with the OnePlus 5 is because this phone model is not a supported device for the Fitbit application. Note that the devices on this list have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. So, this means that the functionalities have a chance to work if you try some troubleshooting steps, I'd suggest following these steps:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit App.
  2. Make sure that the Fitbit App is up-to-date (version 2.76.1)
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth, WiFi or mobile data and phone.
  4. Once the previous steps are done, restart your Fitbit once again.
  5. Turn the phone, Bluetooth and Internet connection back on and try to sync again.

If the previous steps does not work, you can also try the syncing process with a different mobile device or use the computer by downloading the Fitbit Connect software.

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

What can we do to get Oneplus 5 in the supported list?

Whom should we contact?

Is there a time line for the support of this phone?

We upgraded to Charge 2 from. Charge HR just a few months back, we would not have done so if aware. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @C_Banu, welcome aboard! To be completely honest with you my friend, we as moderators have no access to that information, we just pass it along as soon as we get it. So I don't know when the OnePlus 5 is gonna be fully released as a compatible device. In the meantime, what I always suggest the users, is to review the troubleshooting steps in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? To try to improve the connectivity between your Charge 2 and your phone. Just keep in mind that I can't guarantee that this will work. 

Keep me posted if you have further questions or comments! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Excellent job Fitbit team. The compatible device list shows as old as 5-6 year old devices as compatible. For OnePlus - OnePlus One the first generation device only is compatible.  👎👎👎👎 slow claps.  How can you call yourself number one fitness band manufacturer when 80% mobile devices are not compatible with Fitbit?  your device compatibility list itself is a proof that Fitbit is at least 6 years behind their competitors.

Moderator edit: Removed caps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, apologies for a VERY delayed response. It is working without any issue after removing and adding the device.

That's another reason for late response.

Cheers,

Banu

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, I hope you are doin' fine!

@C_Banu, I appreciate the update! Sounds good that your Charge 2 is working fine with your OnePlus 5. Thanks for sharing the tip. 

@MohitSharma, welcome aboard! I understand how you feel about this. Please note that our team is working to add more devices to the compatible devices list. In the meantime, you ca try to set up/sync your Fitbit with it, since sometimes, there are some devices that are not on the list but could be under testing and might work. 

Keep me posted guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes