Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my charge2 for a week and it won’t track the deep sleep rem and the stages it to track when I’m sleeping.   What do I do to fix it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
448 REPLIES 448

Nope- none of this works. Rebooted several times. My Blaze works fine. Wife's Charge 2 never works and she like the rest I assume have given up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After you saying that you have a Charge 2 and a Blaze and that the Charge 2 has never tracked your sleep but the Blaze consistently has?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, not exactly. We have both, I the Blaze and her the Charge 2. Her sleep cycles worked for a while, then, just like all the others on this 10 page thread, showed stages until October's update killed them ALL with the clock change.  Showing this is clearly a firmware update issue based on the data available from the thread and the timing. She has tried all the suggestions but they don't work because the software is faulty. I've read several pages and it's pretty obvious.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has she tried your blaze?

My charge 2 works perfectly, always has, except when they was that glitch a while back. That being the case I find it hard to see what's going on?

My friend bought a new one and it never worked. She tried a different one, didn't work. Tried that one on the inside of her wrist and it did. Once only. Tried hers in the inside of her wrist and it didn't ever.

Next she will try mine and I will try hers. But it's a mystery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ron_Monsour wrote:

Nope- none of this works. Rebooted several times. My Blaze works fine. Wife's Charge 2 never works and she like the rest I assume have given up.

Have you and your wife switched trackers for a night or two? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My friend (whose new Charge 2 never tracked sleep stages) and I switched Fitbits last night. The one I was wearing tracked perfectly for me..

So it's not the hardware.

And it's not the software, as a different Fitbit worked once for her (or is it? Could it be that she needs to uninstall and reinstall the software and try again?)

Otherwise it seems to be the person. (It's not easy to be referred to a cardiologist unless it's an emergency where we live in Canada. Trends of thousands (including my friend) don't have a family doctor.

Best Answer

@Elliekennard wrote:

My friend (whose new Charge 2 never tracked sleep stages) and I switched Fitbits last night. The one I was wearing tracked perfectly for me..

And it's not the software, as a different Fitbit worked once for her (or is it? Could it be that she needs to uninstall and reinstall the software and try again?)

Otherwise it seems to be the person. (It's not easy to be referred to a cardiologist unless it's an emergency where we live in Canada. Trends of thousands (including my friend) don't have a family doctor.

Not that simple -- It could still be hardware/software issue, where the standard "configuration" can't measure HRV over a wide enough range of physiological scenarios to  work consistently for different people. Your scenario doesn't address the many users (myself included) who have had intermittent "success" with Sleep Stage Reports.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elliekennard wrote:

You don't say if your tracker recorded your friends sleep, or if the Fitbit app has an explanation for why your friend doesnt see sleep stages? 

Since it works for you I would think that the Firmware, which can not be reloaded is not the problem. 

Has your friend tried adjusting the tightness even maybe making it a notch or two looser? To tight or to loose may cause a problem with getting a consistent heart rate reading 

Best Answer
0 Votes

"You don't say if your tracker recorded your friends sleep, or if the Fitbit app has an explanation for why your friend doesnt see sleep stages? 

Since it works for you I would think that the Firmware, which can not be reloaded is not the problem. 

Has your friend tried adjusting the tightness even maybe making it a notch or two looser? To tight or to loose may cause a problem with getting a consistent heart rate reading"

My fitbit did not record her sleep stages. The app says something about not getting consistent heart rate readings? Or something along those lines. She gets the simple sleep pattern, not the sleep stages.

She has tried it tighter, looser, on the inside of her wrist and the normal position. Also on the other arm in all configurations (tighter, looser,inside the wrist etc). 

She tried a different one a week or so ago and over a period of several nights it did (the first night only) get one sleep stages reading. Only once.

Wish I knew why it doesn't work. She wondered if it was the phone (Samsung S5 I think). I don't think it can be that. We will try reinstalling the software.

But I don't think that there is any point at all in sending back her fitbit for a replacement, which was offered, as there is clearly nothing wrong with her Charge 2 - it recorded my sleep stages just fine, one night at least. I will try again tonight, but am sure it will be just fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The non consistent heart would explain why. 

Different things people have tried that have worked for them are: 

Changing sleep sensitivity to sensitive .

Change Heart Rate to on

Moving the watch to the inside of the arm .

Moving the watch slightly up the arm .

Best Answer
0 Votes

She has done all of those things.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support informed me while a call that this is definitely a software problem and their engineers are working on it.

Hopefully it's true then we should wait until it's fixed!

Other suggestion can't help sorry!

Maybe Fitbit can give a statement when they expect to have these problems fixt!

Thank you in advance.

A lot of customer are looking forward for the fix!

So let us know when!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer

Very disappointed that this feature has only worked once in six months. Tried all the different suggestions to rectify. If it’s not easy then it should not be offered. 

Best Answer

Where is the "sleep sensitivity" setting?

I cannot find it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is found in your profile settings .

It is explained in the Fitbit help docs 

Best Answer

@ArizonaGreg

Could please post your sleep date next day when you have adjusted to "sensitive ".

I bet you will also have strage sleep data and no sleep stages.

But who knows, hopefully you have luck.

Also other arm didn't help. 😉

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

"Note that if you use a Fitbit device with heart-rate tracking to detect your sleep stages, this setting doesn't apply."

As the Charge 2 tracks heart rate, sleep sensitivity setting doesn't apply. 

Best Answer

Sorry, I don't understand the Fitbit engineers.

Why do we have this option then?

I don't wondering why they can't fix the problem anymore! Man Frustrated

To much option in different app or web browser.

At the end it's clear why the software didn't work 100%.

I'm looking forward to see corrected software, connection ( with only one possibility! On/Off)

But I assume that will not happen when I see here the communities, unfortunately no solutions.

That's bad. Man Sad

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
I’ve given up wearing mine. One day maybe I’ll get an email saying it really is fixed and I’ll have another go.

Until then.....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My email from support:

Thanks for getting back in touch with us and for taking the time to troubleshoot this issue with us. 

Please note that Fitbit’s heart rate technology used to calculate Sleep Stages was designed and developed by Fitbit over years of research and testing. As with all heart-rate monitoring technology, whether a chest strap or a wrist-based sensor, accuracy is affected by personal physiology, location of wear, and type of movement.  The time shown on the graph is when Fitbit was able to estimate that you were asleep - from falling asleep to waking up - based on your movement.  

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. Let us know if you have additional questions. 

Sincerely,

Cindy C. and the Fitbit Team

Translation: Yeah, it’s not gonna work so please stop bugging us.

Best Answer
0 Votes