Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my charge2 for a week and it won’t track the deep sleep rem and the stages it to track when I’m sleeping.   What do I do to fix it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
448 REPLIES 448

Same her, I've only gotten simplified sleep details since 9/2/21. It says I went to bed at 9:38 - 8:24 and only got 5:02 hours of sleep. That makes no sense. 

Best Answer

I did all the above but it didn’t change anything. This is the second watch that has done this. My future with Fitbit is over.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In all the years i have worn charge 2 and now charge 4 and despite the number of submissions I have made to fitbit I have never had a sleep score and only ever had a simplified sleep result advising me " We couldn't generate stages for this sleep. Please try again tomorrow." I have not been told this by fitbit but I have concluded if you have "atrial fibrillation" you will never get a sleep score. I have resigned myself to this.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
My suspicion is if you have excessive PVCs the same will be true.

Sent from my cell phone.
Best Answer
That isn’t the problem 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Philseay wrote:
That isn’t the problem 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Coming back to this late.

My experience indicates it very well could be.

From November 2017 to November 2018 I got very sporadic (once a month or less) Sleep Stages reports with my Charge 2 on IOS. In December 2018 I was diagnosed with a number of cardiac issues, including AFIB, disrhythmia, and very excessive Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs). In December 2018 I acquired an Apple Watch for its AFIB monitoring capabilities. My PVC problems continued despite two 2019 ablation procedures. In January of 2020 I began a prescription regimen of Sotalol, a medication use to reduce PVC occurrences. Prior to starting Sotalol my ICD PVC data was:

• PVC Runs (2-4 beats) 263.6 per hour
  • PVC Singles                >999.9 per hour

These levels are well above healthy norms per my cardiologist. These levels make the heart work less efficiently and stress it.

My last ICD interrogation (September 9) provided the following results:

• PVC Runs (2-4 beats) 0.3 per hour
  • PVC Singles              11.4 per hour

Levels well within healthy norms per my cardiologist.

I do not have a history frequent AFIB issues as tracked by my ICD.

Yesterday I fired up my Charge 2 to compare potential Sleep Stage reports against the new IOS 16 Sleep Stages reporting. This morning I got a full Sleep Stage report from my Charge 2. I had gone months without one previously. I'll be testing this over the next week or so to determine if my report issues are really resolved.

I am not a doctor; I am not offering medical advice. I'm a reasonably intelligent person who asks my cardiologist questions. I don't know what improvements to the Sleep Stage software have been implemented. And I know that coincidence does not equal causality. What I do know is the inability of the Charge 2 to provide me Sleep Stages reports was aligned with my unresolved cardiac issues, and seems to have been tied to my cardiac issues.

You can dismiss my observations as you wish; the point made here (and made elsewhere on this board) is that problems obtaining Sleep Stage reports MAY be an indication of other problems, not a fault of the FitBit infrastructure. I'm just sharing observations. I don't KNOW my cardiac issues were the report problem. And you don't know they weren't. If one person is helped by my sharing this experience it's worth it.

I'd be curious to know the foundation on which you base your comment. Do you have any relevant experience in the matter or are you just being snarky?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just completed a week of tests with my Charge 2. From Sunday night 9/18 to Sunday night 9/25 I received a full Sleep Stages report. Missed just one night. I have never had that consistency in the entire time I used the Charge 2 for Sleep Stages. This is all post PVC medication.

Considering a small percentage of Charge 2 users seem to have consistent issues it's reasonable to rule out the hardware and software platform. Given my experience with resolved cardiac issues and subsequent success with Sleep Stage reporting my stated belief that cardiac issues can be a cause of Sleep Stage reporting problems, and my suggestion that people having consistent reporting issues might be wise to get their cardiac health checked are reasonable extrapolations.

I'm not claiming it's an absolute, unlike your comment which categorically stated "it isn't the problem", with no supporting evidence to support it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no cardiac issue. I see my physician every three months. My heart is strong. Nothing I do has changed my sleep stages. I still get no break down.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The cardiac issues to which I'm referring are not usually detectable by a Personal Care Physician. PVCs require an ECG to detect; AFIB can be discovered by a good doctor with a stethoscope, but more subtle issues cannot. Heart efficiency is measured using echo-cardiograms.

I was doing 2 hour workouts the week prior to my issues arising; 40 to 50 minutes of treadmill followed by 40 minutes or so of strength training. I thought I was in good shape too. It took a brain tumor to get the depth of testing to find the other issues.

I'm not suggesting anything other than something to consider. Do as you will. . .

Best Answer
0 Votes