Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588
Fitbit did me right. They sent me a replacement. I got it yesterday. I immediately put a screen protector on it. Other than the screen, I have been very pleased with the product. We will see how it goes.
Best Answer
I'm in PA so not sure mine had anything to do with the heat. Sadly, I am
just waiting until my replacement does the same thing again 😔
Best Answer

My screen cracked and Fitbit originally told me that it wasn't covered by the warranty, but they'd offer me a one time courtesy replacement.  I found this site and countless other complaints on Google about other people like me (normal use, cracks showing up suddenly) and sent an email to Fitbit asking why it wouldn't be covered by the warranty given the COUNTLESS complaints.  The reply was that it is, in fact, covered by the warranty.  You can bet I'll be saving that email too!  Fitbit has a defect on their hands and it needs to be addressed on an otherwise great product.  

Best Answer

And another... I found a crack just a few days ago after nothing other than normal use and I've had it for about 6 months. As others have stated, it is not a scratch, but a crack and mine seems to be from the inside. To confirm this all you have to do is position the device to find a light source (a lamp or ceiling light) in it's face. The crack will show a separated reflection that is splitting and bending the light source away from itself. It's as if the gremlins were trying to get out.

This seems like a design flaw. We're talking about a product that retails for $130. The margins must be absolutely delicious for Fitbit. I can't image this device costs more than $8 to make. It shows because the screen is made of inferior plastic, inferior to something you should get at this price point. It is clearly not holding under normal use.

Based on what others have told about a their experience with Fitbit support, I am not hopeful. Not only that, but I don't want to spend my time and energy arguing with a customer service rep. I spent my hard-earned energy already on the device (and a little more on this post). I shouldn't have to and probably won't spend more.

I have had two Fitbit products now, both of which have had issues, and I am not impressed. It may be time to move on to another brand.

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit: No, the issue with my cracked screen was not resolved. I had an issue with the band that was resolved. I still have a cracked screen!

Best Answer
For what it's worth, I dealt with customer service via email. There was no pleading, they offered a replacement after I furnished a picture. It took a minimum of time.

Gretchen

Sent from my iPad, please forgive any Auto Spell quirks!
Best Answer

Hello there!

My screen recently cracked as well, right down the middle. I called and they sent me a replacement right away!

Best Answer

I got a Fitbit Charge 2 this past Christmas. Today I had it on at the beach, I was lying in the sun, didn't go in the water. I went up to our room and looked to check my steps, my Fitbit had a long crack in the screen. I'm very careful with it, I know it didn't get hit in anyway to get broke. I too am very disappointed with this product. Does anyone know if screen can be replaced?

Best Answer
Finally..after 5 phone calls to fitbit..we are finally getting a replacement..crack down middle... only offered 25% off new one....thete seems to be a flaw with the screen....yeah fitbit to finally recognizing that they have a problem...

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer

Amy -- I'm concerned about my new Charge2 screen also.  I'm already really, REALLY addicted to this device (I just got it this month), and I LOVE it despite some of the clunkiness on the website.  I expect a company to stand behind their products when there is clearly some defect.  The screen tapping surely must stress it, especially if it's more fragile than it should be.  So far so good but I hope I don't have to come back here with a different type of posting! 

Best Answer

I sent a picture of my daughter's Charge 2 cracked screen today- if you can, look at the picture you originally sent Fitbit - does the lighting of the picture 'show' the crack, (so that it can't be confused with a scratch)?  I took the picture of my daughter's Fitbit against the light of a window - it showed the crack - and that it came from the underside of the cover.  Best of luck!

Best Answer

I have just noticed that my screen has a crack in it too. It wasn't there before the last charging session a day or so ago.

Has anyone in the UK had any success in getting a replacement? I got it as a Christmas present 2016 to monitor my heart rate after having a bypass in June, so I haven't been doing anything too strenuous in my first year of recovery.

Many thanks

Best Answer

I'm in the UK and got a refund through my retailer (Costco). I think it'll depend on where it was purchased. Good luck.

Best Answer

I also had my Fitbit charge 2 on while walking on a beach for vacation (no water contact/sand contact). Looked at the time (screen was fine) then ten minutes later went to take the Fitbit off to charge and screen was cracked in two set cracks going parallel down the entire surface. There was nothing for me to bump into   I have had it for about 2 months and when I emailed was told they could only do the 25%.   I will try calling tomorrow but was wondering if your issue was resolved.  I wear it daily and this was a replacement for my one 

Best Answer
Yes, my issue was taken care of, I dealt with it by email and not by phone. From what I've seen in this thread, it seems results are better when using email compared to talking to someone directly, go figure.

Sent from my iPad, please forgive any Auto Spell quirks!
Best Answer

Thanks all!  Just called customer service and they are replacing. No mention of only 25% offer.  Getting a full replacement and was on the phone for only 10 minutes.  Looks like best service I received was given when called.  

Best Answer
We finally got a new fitbit from them  Finally on our 4th try they decided to send us a new one.   We waited about 2 weeks in between calls..   have the new one now and all is good. DON'T give up

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer

The first scratch always seems bad. It’ll wear in after a while. 😉

Best Answer

I had a crack appear around the face of my Charge 2!  It's very thin and only visible if it catches the light.  I've had this particular Fitbit since December 2016 because I received it as a gift.  In June, I had to contact support for a new band because the original band would not stay connected to the face.  I reviewed this forum in regards to getting the cracked screen issue resolved.  I contacted customer support through the online chat, sent a picture with the assigned case number, and I received an offer of 50% off a new one or a complimentary replacement.  My order has already been processed.  This was done within 15 minutes.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that info. Mine was a xmas gift from the ex & getting proof of
purchase will be tricky, so returning it to original place of purchase
isn't an option unfortunately.
Best Answer