Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588

Same issue with me.  Been a loyal Fitbit user since 2015 and each year, it seems I’ve had to replace my tracker due to quality issues.  Last week, when I woke up, I noticed cracks on my 1.5 year old charge 2 tracker.  The crack appears to come from within (very similar to a previous post that described it as little mountains).  I called Fitbit and was told that cracks were not covered under warranty and the best they can do is a 25% discount.  Very disappointed in the poor quality of these trackers as it appears like their acquisition business model depends on having units fail existing customers.  Seriously considering going with an alternative, but am also too invested in the data that I’ve had with them throughout the years. Has anyone been in a similar situation?  Any recommendations for an alternative fitness tracker that is not a watch? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How was this fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was not fixed. Offered a 25% on a new one. This charge 2 needs a recall on it. 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi i had to send photos of crack and then they replaced it for a new one

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
Your one of the lucky ones.  Would njjot budge. Maybe you were in the year warranty. Mine was at month 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  Mine just went past the warranty period and Fitbit would not go beyond offering a 25% discount.  I will not buy another Fitbit and will just use this until it falls off my wrist.  If you are just starting on your tracker journey, take a serious look at the competition.  Even if an Apple Watch is more expensive upfront, it could very well be the better financial investment in the long run as I’ve never had a Fitbit last longer than two years without issues.

Best Answer

Same with me.. I did live email chat, sent pics and they are replacing.  I'm very happy with the service I received. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
How long have you had yours?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
At the time it cracked it had been about 14 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had my Fitbit anly 10 months when it cracked, it’s been working ok since, just doesn’t look good with a crack from the top left corner to the bottom right corner.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

11 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So was i

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm the same I woke up one morning and the screen had a big crack/scratch right down the middle. No idea how it happened it's been like it for a lil while now I learned to live with it lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to add another data point and keep this thread active.  My Charge 2 face cracked yesterday at a Memorial Day BBQ.  I didn't hit it against anything - I was literally standing around talking to friends.  Mine is 18 months old so Fitbit won't do anything but offer the 25% discount.  I've had Fitbits for 7 years+ and their customer service used to be awesome.  This is shocking.  I'll probably keep wearing the cracked Fitbit until the next gen Apple Watch comes out.  Won't be buying any more Fitbit products which is sad - I do really love their app!

Best Answer
I’m the same. I’ve had it over a year. Didn’t hit it. A couple of weeks ago I had one crack. Now there are two. I won’t bother replacing it. I bought screen protectors on amazon to try to keep the moisture out.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My experience was 100% awesome.  Sent them photos of the cracked screen and a receipt and they replaced it for free even though it's now just over 12 months since purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was too. My husbands Fitbit screen went blank the other day so he called and they’re sending him a replacement. Then he called for me and they’re sending me one too. 😊
Turns out I haven’t had this one as long as I thought. It’s been 11 months.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to hear it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did u get ur protective cover. Bn looking for one and all i can find is these lil plastic ones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has cracked and I have no recollection of knocking it in any way

Best Answer
0 Votes