Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week my charge 2has refused to sync. The app is set to always connected and all day sync. I have reset the tracker several times in the charger. I have turned my phone on and off, turned the Bluetooth on and off, logged out and back into the app, force stopped the app and reopened. Nothing has worked. I get no error message so I'm assuming it can "see" the tracker. 

What else can I do?

Best Answer
471 REPLIES 471
Yes, if I do not do my target steps my world collapses.
At 87 I aim at 5000 but, nearly always, get over 6000.
Best Answer
Nice! Good for you! Keep stepping!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I suggest you call the help desk. I talked with a service rep and he was able to help me trouble shoot. He finally had to send me a dongle to use instead of the blue tooth on my lap top, but it seems to be working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.like the other Fitbit user. I bought it from Amazon last week. Without even reading the reviews because of review I saw on YouTube. Not just one review bit many. Nobody mention about various issues Fitbit user is facing on daily basis. I wonder why is Fitbit so popular with lots of know issues. Like not able to setup account. Auto sync and manual sync doesn't work. What is the use of this tracker if it's not able to properly sync with mobile devices. Why so little number of supported devices. When issues happen with those people who are very busy in life who doesn't even have time to call up customer support or go through all the post in the community forums. Can you imagine how frustrating it would be for the buyer. There are many fitness band in the market with 15 to 30 dollars which provides similar features.they don't have compatibility issues, sync issues etc.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a new charge 2 and am having the same problem, I have to turn off all other devices in the house, delete the charger from the app and then pair up all over again. Then it will sync for a short while and that's it - I have had a Fitbit 1 for years and thought I would upgrade! What a waste of money and I spoilt myself with a special edition and there is nothing special about it - very disappointed. I am going to have to send it back

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sync problem has improve on my android device after enabling the fitbit app to run as an android background app. Not sure if other android device has same setting as me. Mine is Xiaomi Redmi note 3 running with Custom android 6.  In the battery setting there is an option to add fitbit app to run in the background.

I must say fitbit is not worth for its price. It has lots of issues and they don't bother  to fix it. For me I am not recommending it to any of my friends. Syncing with Mobile device is a mandatory thing for such fitness band without which the device is useless. Its unfortunate that Fitbit fails at it.

"A Good product are those that does not requires to contact customer support."

"A Good product are those that does not requires customer's to check for answer to their problem they have in the community forums."

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear that. Seems these Charge 2's can be somewhat temperamental.
Thankfully, my sync troubles are only occasional, and I've been able to
correct it by just turning off the mobile device(Samsung galaxy 6 phone)
waiting a few minutes, and turning it back on again. Other than that, I
love it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated iPhone today now it won't sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 stopped syncing a week ago. Have tryed and retryed all the fixes on the various sites. Not sure what to do nut return it.

I have an Android phone LG6

Best Answer
0 Votes

New phone, won't even find my charge 2 half the time. I have to reset it to get it to work... then it stops working again after 5 minutes...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear that. It almost seems like this charge 2 unit is like an
"Entry-level" Fitbit, and the problems aren't being addressed in a timely
fashion because of that. If that is the case...with the amount of
competition out there, I'm not sure why I would upgrade within the Fitbit
family.
Best Answer

I have the iPhone 7 and still got problems. Come on Fitbit customer service there is a real problem here with the new version, what's being done to fix this? It's not good enough! We need a reply and you know who has this version so let us know what is going on! My Charge 2 is only a week old and I would love it if it worked properly but it doesn't. It's rubbish I don't want to be spending all of my time trying to set syncing up and it completely spoils the weekly challenge. Not happy 😡😡

Best Answer
I just got an update sent to me yesterday to download, so maybe the fix is
in that.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I opened a Fixbit app on my tablet to see if that could do something and it
did. Everything synced.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I wish one of those fixes would work for me. I'm tempted to start looking for another device that will sync reliably. I've had the Charge 2 for more than a year and I periodically have the sync issue. Sometimes it works to sync it with the computer. Today not. Tried repeated turning off and on and unpairing and repairing all devices. I have an updated Samsung Galaxy S7. This is getting really frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lindalee55 to sync a device such as a smart phone or computer is needed, whoh type of device so you sync through? 

Best Answer
I have the app on my phone and my computer. Sometimes it will sync with
both; sometimes with neither. I believe I have tried all the suggestions
from the community. Last sync was yesterday at 12:36 PM. Computer app says
"failed to connect"
Best Answer
0 Votes

Holding the side button for 4 seconds, while on the charger, corrected the syncing problem! 👍🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's a reboot...and yes it works....sometimes. I've had to do a reboot four times in a day: it syncs and then it stops. Right now I seem to be in a period where all is well. Maybe the last system update helped? I hope so.
Dema
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nice! Always good to hear a new technique to try. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes