Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week my charge 2has refused to sync. The app is set to always connected and all day sync. I have reset the tracker several times in the charger. I have turned my phone on and off, turned the Bluetooth on and off, logged out and back into the app, force stopped the app and reopened. Nothing has worked. I get no error message so I'm assuming it can "see" the tracker. 

What else can I do?

Best Answer
471 REPLIES 471

@AlamoMike if your tracker is still bonded to the phone, your PC will bot be able to sync the tracker. You will need to either turn the Bluetooth on the phone off. Turn the phone off, or make sure the phone is at a minimum 30 feet away. This might be to clise since i get notifacations even further away.

Best Answer

Thanks, Rich. It's all syncing this week 🙂 Next week, when it doesn't I'll try what you suggest about the Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, that usually doesn't work for me. Or maybe it does and it just takes awhile. I've tried turning off and on multiple times. BTW, the flat screwdriver on a small Swiss Army knife works for turning the Fitbit off while on the charger--if you have short fingernails like I do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, I cannot sync my charge 2 with my iPhone 7s😒😒😒😒

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnCL wrote:

I agree, I cannot sync my charge 2 with my iPhone 7s😒😒😒😒

Thanks, Rowdee

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold the side button down for four seconds while it is on the charger. That will reset the sync and correct your problem. Heidi 😊

Heidi Strand
ESE K-12
English 6-12
Charlotte Harbor School
School: 941-255-7440 Ext. 230
Cell: 863-990-1395
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold the side button down for four seconds while it is on the charger. That will reset the sync and correct your problem. Heidi 😊

Heidi Strand
ESE K-12
English 6-12
Charlotte Harbor School
School: 941-255-7440 Ext. 230
Cell: 863-990-1395
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am retired so I have some time to spend trying I synch my Fitbit 2 but if I was still working I would have binned the thing months ago.
I have four ways to getting a synch -
1. Switch my phone off an on.
2. Switch off bluetooth and then switch it on.
3. Re-cycle the Router.
4. When connected to charge hold switch down for our seconds.

The Fitbit company must know that here is a problem so where is the fix?

My wife has a Fitbit Zip, it rarely synchs automatically but taking the battery out an putting it back in normally gets one.

I only have so much time to waste on synching, on reaching what is laughing called old age we are all given a special watch which goes round twice as fast as a normal one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am retired so I have some time to spend trying I synch my Fitbit 2 but if I was still working I would have binned the thing months ago.
I have four ways to getting a synch -
1. Switch my phone off an on.
2. Switch off bluetooth and then switch it on.
3. Re-cycle the Router.
4. When connected to charge hold switch down for our seconds.

The Fitbit company must know that here is a problem so where is the fix?

My wife has a Fitbit Zip, it rarely synchs automatically but taking the battery out an putting it back in normally gets one.

I only have so much time to waste on synching, on reaching what is laughing called old age we are all given a special watch which goes round twice as fast as a normal one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometimes that reboot doesn't work. Even after 4 or 5 times. But, then, the next day it will sync. Go figure!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Love your humour!
I received an update a week or so ago, and since I installed it...I haven't
had a problem since. Maybe the fix was in that upgrade.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It does suck!  Gives me my steps and workout on the Fitbit.  I am Over this syncing. Dashboard sucks too!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is for Kipper30:

This one sounds like you have conflicting devices in close proximity to each other. If you have a desktop or laptop computer in the room with Bluetooth and the Fitbit app it will conflict with your phone app and it won't sync. Try syncing with only one Charge 2 and one phone that are at least 35 feet away from any other computers or phones.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks azwxguy for your helpful comment. I will look into your idea.
My real problem is the the synch is sporadic, perfect today but yesterday
it synched but did show the correct figures.
When the device was new I had no problems at all.
It is a funny old life!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks azwxguy for your helpful comment. I will look into your idea.
My real problem is the the synch is sporadic, perfect today but yesterday
it synched but did show the correct figures.
When the device was new I had no problems at all.
It is a funny old life!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got a new Fitbit Charge 2 for Christmas and it synced fine until May 25.  It hasn't synced since.  I've turned my phone off/on numerous times.  I've turned location on/off numerous times.  I've turned Bluetooth on/off numerous times.  I've tried to install update numerous times.  I've just about had it with this piece of junk.  

My wife and I have certain routes we walk that I know are approximately 9,000 steps (how, I physically counted them).  We also know that the route is 3.7 miles.  According to my Fitbit (which I've had to set it as being on my dominant wrist and have reduced my stride to 12") reports that at best I've taken 7,000+ steps and only gone approximately 1.8 miles.  

Basically I'm finished with Fitbit.  I'm going to go find me a Garmin or something similar that will actually count my steps and mileage.  The fact that this thread is 7 pages long and people are still having problems with the Charge 2 tells me that the product is worthless.

Best Answer

This worked for my AltaHR-maybe it will work for you too. I have an iPhone. 

Bluetooth on

Wifi off

Sync device

I never went so far as to mess with the app but I turned my phone off and on a few times before trying the above and it worked right away.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many people have many ways of synching, today, for me, it was switching off
the phone.
Keep on walking and synching.
And smile!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Many people have many ways of synching, today, for me, it was switching off
the phone.
Keep on walking and synching.
And smile!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This restart fix worked for me. Galaxy S6. 

Best Answer
0 Votes