Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a wristband with no metal for Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any hope on fitbit creating a band with zero metal? I'm having a terrible reaction to the nickel in the rose gold clasp.  I really would love to wear it... I don't see why they haven't released one yet.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Welcome to the forums!

Check Amazon and https://www.etsy.com/

Both have several different bands that might work for you

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

i there @rose35141 I saw you have received a warm welcome by @WendyB

It was brought to my attention you need a wristband with no metal. I would like you to suggest the leather band we have available in our Fitbit Store. To learn more about this type of wristbands take a look here.

See you around and let me know if you have additional concerns.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The leather band still has a metal clasp.

Best Answer

Hello @Tpenney, I was reviewing the boards and I found your post. I'm sorry since you haven;t received an official response so let me give you this information. 

The leather wristband has the same buckle tag as the standard wristband, if you are interested in more details for this wristband, please take a look at this link.

see you around and take care!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

All fitbit straps have metal in the exact same spots (leather and plastic) for those of us that react to them it causes terrible soars come on fitbit we need allergy free metal and people to answer the question properly

Best Answer

All fitbit straps have metal in the exact same spots leather and plastic

for those of us that react to them it causes terrible soars come on fitbit we need allergy free metal and people to answer the question properly

Best Answer

I agree with Foreverrose; why hasn't there been a suitable response to those of us that have allergies to metal? 
Is it beyond Fitbit's skill level to create a strap that is metal-free? 
Are people with these allergies somehow undeserving of a proper response?
How about telling us whether this is even a priority for the company?

Best Answer

Just wanted to update everyone. I had the rose gold metal clasp on my last Charge 2. Well I never wore it because of the reaction to the metal and I guess the thing died and I couldn’t charge it. Anyway I was gifted the Alta, after telling family members not to bother. I’m not sure how this buckle is different, maybe coded with something but I haven’t had a single reaction to it. Hopefully this post helps some others. 

Best Answer

0E79DFBD-0EE0-40B1-BC22-0D6B04D28973.jpeg

No reaction to this clasp on the Alta.  

Best Answer

I'm happy that you found a strap that doesn't cause a reaction.
As for myself, I am not going to spend another cent on any fitbit product.  I am disgusted with the company thus far.  How hard is it to create a strap without metal?  How difficult is it to give us an adequate response as to whether it is a priority for the company to help customers suffering from such allergies?

Best Answer

Hello Rose 35141, if you happen to have, still, the rose/lavender wristband and you are not using it, I would like to take it off your hands. My wife's band broke for the third time and Fitbit support team don't seem to understand my problem and keep on offering me to buy the wristband with a silver clasp. Believe it or not, they sell the Special Edition Charge2 (gold plated) but do not have the gold clasp to replace their very bad quality wristbands that keep on breaking.

Anyway, please let me know. I'll be happy to cover your expenses.

Vladimir

van.**ahem**.ny@gmail.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can replace the clasp from the old band, just remove the pin and put on a new band, and you should check out bands on amazon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I would be happy to mail it to you free of charge. Please email your address to foran@oswego.edu

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Rose.

I guess if I sweep all the posts where Fitbit users don't have any use for the special edition golden clasp wristbands and ask them to ship those wristbands to me, I would be able to keep this Charge2 for a little longer.

So far, this is my 3rd wristband in 15 months that breaks beyond repair.

Fitbit Team, take notes and start producing a quality accessory!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Moviediva,

I thank you for the idea of swapping clasps. I did that for now. But the main point is that these wristbands should NOT be breaking every 3-5 months and I should not be impositioned to purchase them just because Fitbit chose a bad accessory vendor for its product.

After all, $30 dollars per wristband every 3-5 months, plus changing the clasp to a gold one (the old clasp from my first wristband) does not make any financial nor common sense.

Fitbit Team, please find a solution to accessory issue and its quality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad I could help, I understand your frustration, about the bands, I purchase my bands from Amazon, and they are just as good and a lot cheaper, and I have a couple that I prefer than the original band.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great idea! Will go to Amazon. Tired of Fitbit runaround and poor quality.

BTW, that expression "just as good"...I hope is not true. Anything is better quality than those wristbands.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s funny the mod is totally confused about a product the company carries.

have you tried a simple fix like coating the current metal clasp with something like nail polish? It would create a barrier from the metal and your skin.

Best Answer

Nail polish is a very temporary solution. I have put nail polish on the metal part of the clasp constantly because it rubs off easily and then back to irritation on my wrist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes