Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple wristband failures?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had 2 Charge 2 fitbits and the wristband only seems to last about 3-4 months before becoming disconnected from the device. Once that happens it will not stay on for very long periods without becoming disconnected again. Until now customer service has been fantastic. This latest time they sent a full replacement without question ... BUT...after only 4 months the band disconnected again from the device and now will not stay on my wrist. This time Customer service has sent an email stating "We will evaluate your case based on the information provided and may provide a replacement". Kind of upset me as I've done nothing to cause the problem- I am a fitness industry professional so may be pretty active with it-BUT-it "IS" a fitbit?????? When I asked the customer service representative if this was a common problem, I got no definitive response. This morning I "Googled "failing fitbit wristband" and was surprised to see that the problem is not unique to me. Anyone else have the same problem? I'm hoping fitbit will stand behind their product-guess I'll find out shortly.

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

My wife has hr2 for less then 1 year, band started bubbling and got a replacement band and now that hand started doing the same. She ended buying a 3rd party vendor band. I had the surge and had it replaced 2 times for the same band issue, got a Garmin since the warranty was over. They need to get their band issues fixed. We're not the only ones that I seen this happen with the HR2 and surge.

Best Answer

Thank You. Too bad. I LOVE the product but wristband issue needs to be fixed-hopefully they'll come up with a solution   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Charge 2 for almost a year.  My band started to detach about 2.5 months in.  It was infrequent that it would happen but now it comes off typically at least once a week.  My previous fit bit had band issues as well and I lost it when it fell off one evening out.  My sister has a Charge 2 as well and her band came loose about 4 months in and continued to have issues.  She had a new band sent and so far it hasn't detached however she is now not wearing it daily.  I will be looking for a different brand when (I believe it is only a matter of time so yes when) I end up losing this one which is too bad as I do like it with the exception of the band issue.

Best Answer

I guess this is more common than people think?

Wouldn't be so bad if fitbit replaced them without trying to turn around and blame the consumer like in the email I received yesterday.

I don't know if it's a poorly trained customer service agent or if the company is the problem. Would be nice to hear from somebody at the company with their official take on the problem.

Best Answer

Of the two fitbits in our house. The strap has broken a combined of 5 times between the two of us in less then a year. The screens have had issues on both.

support has been helpful but also deceiving. They offered an upgrade coupon to give a discount off a new product. No one said the icon was not eligible, out of stock items are not eligible, and it's a one way trip. Once you accept the coupon you can't go back and get a replacement.

so not icon discount, surge is out of stock on all model, the charge 2 is out of stock on some models. I would end up paying money to replace what I was offered as a replacement.

shady poor business practices. Not much of an upgrade. Hopefully you all have better luck. 

Best Answer

My HR Fit bit is less than a year old.  The bracelet just fell off for no reason.  Tried to fix it, did not work.  Called CS they told me to send a picture which I did.  Then they ask me to send another picture at a different angle and a hand written note.   Never heard of such nonsense.  I guess they don't want to replace it. Oh well time to look elsewhere.

Best Answer

I’m also just looking this up online as mine has just done same after 5 months. No damage, the plastic insert inside the rubber end just seems to have disintegrated!  I’m very lucky I noticed it open on my wrist as I work on a construction site, it would have been damaged or lost if not. 

Mine was a gift but will check to see if the receipt was in the box and will try for a replacement. Very disappointed!

Best Answer
Same thing happened to the replacement after a few months.  I gave up since my warranty had expired and ordered a generic one from Amazon.  Seems ok so far

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
Wow awesome my new wrist band I just put on 3 mo ago broke today again!!!! Thanks for the tip

Sent from my iPhone wendyashe
Best Answer

I have the same problem and now I have to use tape to hold it on.  Of course do to sweat I have replace the tape every couple of days but that is cheaper than wristbands.  I have owned the fir bit fir only 6 months and have replaced the wrist band tree times.   I like the device but this problem is a severe annoyance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it is a universal problem. I have had the same issue with my old Alta and my Charge 2. The wristbands last from two to four months, then the metal part of the band starts to separate from the rubber part or, in the case of my Charge 2, the clip stops wroking. I went through three bands on my Alta and four on my Charge 2. Never dawned on me to ask for a replacement. I just got a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Brian

Fitbit have replaced my band free of charge. Give Customer Service a call. They know it’s an issue so didn’t quibble.

Good luck!

Jo Matthews
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having the same issue!  I received a Fitbit charge 2 for Christmas and have already had a replacement band sent to me and it just failed!  I do not want to be replacing bands every 4 months and was also checking if anybody had had the same issues.  I have not contacted Fitbit yet, but will be!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit will replace if still under warranty.  They will ask a lot of questions, eventually got one.  It failed within a few months.  So Ordered a pack of Wepro Repacement Bands from Amazon.  They work with Fitbit HR,  4 to the pack.  I have had no issues with them yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello

It is astonishing that this has not been rectified. I was told that it is because I’m active that the rubber disintegrated. I said, isn’t that the whole point of these things??

Although they sent a replacement, it stated ‘damage’ on the replace the order form. I made clear it was not damage, the issue was durability and fit for purpose.

Whilst waiting for the Fitbit replacement I bought another band online. I hadn’t realised but this is not be an original Fitbit but so far really good and seems sturdy for around £8. Here’s hoping this one lasts longer..

Jo Matthews
Best Answer
0 Votes
I brought a pack of 4 from Amazon a while back. Working great so far.  

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The wristband on my Charge 2 failed initially after about 8 months. Fitbit did a good job and sent me a replacement promptly; however this replacement band has failed in a similar manner in a little more than 2 months.
Once again Fitbit has responded positively and said they will send a replacement, but my concern is what happens once the guarantee period expires. I asked the question and was told they hoped it wouldn't, but if it did, to contact them in the same way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same experience.  I lost an earlier FB when the strap failed and it fell off unbeknownst to me.

I then bought a Charge 2, and the band failed around the end of the 1-year warranty period.  Basically, the rubber around the attachment point ripped, so the metal clip no longer held firm.  I contact customer service who sent me a new strap.  So far so good.  Within 5 months that band failed.  I just contacted customer service, and was told that the warranty had expired, because the replacement strap warranty had the same start date as my original strap, so that in effect the replacement strap had zero warranty (because I received it near the very end of the initial warranty period). 

The bottom line, it seems, is that you can probably get it replaced once, but the warranty period doesn't reset, and if a failure occurs beyond 365 days from your initial purchase you're out of luck. 

The replacement bands aren't expensive, so I suppose it's not a big burden to buy replacements.  But it seems the strap design is defective if the failures keep recurring from ordinary usage.

Best Answer
My 1 year warranty expires anytime soon, so will have to see what happens
when this band fails.
Best Answer
0 Votes