Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relax Guided Breathing Sessions

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2016-08-25_BlogPosts_GuidedBreathing_Blog_730x485.jpg

Charge 2 provides Relax, an on-device personalized guided breathing sessions, based on your heart rate to help you find moments of calm throughout the day. You can choose between two-minute and five-minute long sessions. You can begin a Relax guided breathing session by:

1. Pressing the button on your Charge 2 until you see "Breathe".
  2. The two-minute session is the first option. Tap to choose the five-minute session.
  3. Press and hold the button to start.
  4. Remain still and breathe deeply during the calibration period, which lasts 30-40 seconds. You’ll see the phrase “sensing your breathing” on your tracker’s screen.
  5. When prompted, follow the guide and breathe deeply. Sparkles will appear on your tracker’s screen to indicate how closely you’re following the guide.
  6. After you’ve completed the session, press the button to return to the clock.

What's important to note is that all notifications are automatically disabled during a guided breathing session. If you’ve set a silent alarm, your Charge 2 will vibrate at the time specified.

Click here for more information about Relax, including the benefits of practicing deep breathing and safety information.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

@ElizabethOR and @stepper5 actually the inhale/exhale currently is adjustable.. When you start the breathing function yo it asks for you to be still and breath deeply. This is the Charge 2 determining your breathing rithym,.it then uses this data to determine how to set the in/out breathing. So to adjust the rate breath faster or slower. 

For more info please see fitbit's interactive help guide and this document

Best Answer
I have actually tried breathing slower , faster, stronger and less with no change in the result of the inhale/exhale breathing pattern on the unit. This does not seem to make a significant difference.
Best Answer

Have you looked at the relaxation FAQ?

Best Answer

I would like to see my breathing sessions on my dashboard, is this possible?

Best Answer
No there is no way to see then on your dashboard sorry.

Sent from Gary's iPhone
Hope this helps, and votes are nice too. Thank You
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying a relaxed time with your Charge 2. The relax function I must say is among my favorites! Although as @andrea444 mentioned having the wrist raised can get awkward when doing the 5 minutes session.  

@stepper5@CGati, your suggestions are pretty interesting to improve this feature, You should make your ideas known on the feature suggestions board.

See you all soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good suggestion. I just posted it to the feature suggestions. Please give me a vote! 🙂
Best Answer

A change in schedule has meant that I have to wait in my car for a commuter train to pass daily.  The train takes 4 minutes to pass. This gives me ample time to put jmy car into park and go through a two minute breathing session!  I rest my left elbow on the car door interior an lightly grab the steering wheel. This puts my fitbit at the optimal point of display. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CGati done! You have my vote. You should post the link here so that more people interested in the breathing feature can add their vote as well.

@john-is-my-name that is a good way to start the day fresh and relaxed. Using a support for the breathing session is something really useful as well I'll try it out tonight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a fitbit charge 2 today. I press the button. But, it does not start the relax beathing mode. The screen just goes blank after a while. What am I missing? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Getting After It;
Congratulations on purchasing your Charge2! Push the button multiple times.
When you do this, you toggle through the menu of different applications on
your device. When you reach 'Relax - 2 min'. Release the button. After a few
seconds you will be prompted to press the button to begin. Then just follow
the on-screen instructions.

BTW, Once you have released the button on 'Relax - 2 min', you can toggle
the option to 'Relax - 5 min' by tapping on the watch face.

Finally, on the web interface, you can choose what applications come up and
the toggle options within them. For example, the only exercise I do is
weights, walking, hiking, and martial arts. I limit my toggle options to
these.

I hope this helps 🙂

Yours Truly; John
Best Answer
Hello John,

Thank you very much for responding. I appreciate your help.

I am now able to find and work with the relax guided breathing feature.
And, I updated activities through the website as you suggested.

I'm well on my way to customizing my Charge 2 and enjoying all its features.

Thanks again for your help 🙂

Regards,
Gettin' After It
Best Answer

Yesterday I've tried the guided breathing for the first time. I must say...I like it! It is an easy way to settle down and just focus on breathing. I understand the function of it is not that spectacular. But hey...it does the trick for me and I have an easy way to relax at hand all the time. (and things don't need to be spectacular, they just need to work)

So, I am happy with it and try to work it in my dailies!

Best Answer

"So, I am happy with it and try to work it in my dailies!" - HappyBunny

"Try you musn't; Do you must" - Yodda

Bunny, If this makes you  happy, I would encourge you (and everyone) to make it part of your habitual routine.  I no longer get that daily 3 minute wait for a train to pass 😞 I have made it a point to do a 2 minute relax session whenever I turn off the ignition in my car.  While this is not always doable, I can get at least one such session daily.

Best Answer

@GettinAfterIt welcome to the Community and to the Charge 2 user family! Glad to see you are getting the hang of it and customizing it to your needs! 

@john-is-my-name, for helping the paddawans reach their full potential thank you I must. The train waiting definitely helped get you a time spot to do the breathing session. Sometimes it's hard to find a good time to relax. I try doing it during lunch time. Otherwise yesterday I had trouble sleeping and around 3:30 AM got the bright idea to try the relax session I did the 5 min one and it did the trick finally got sleepy afterwards. 

@Happybunny glad to see you! You really should try doing a relax session each day! It's really refreshing! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please vote for mye feature suggestion to add a Fatigue/Recovery Status to the device! 

Feature-Suggestions/ Fatigue-recovery-status

Best Answer

Hi @CGati You had my vote already but I hope more people will get the opportunity with the link being here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Sebastien; If you have sleeping trouble you may want to do some anlysis with FitBit's sleep function.  I suffer from insomnia so I have been doing analysis with my lifestyle and my sleep for decades.  I had my own sleep analysis machine (a Zeo) and used a smartphone ap that utlizes teh acelromter on a smartphone.  FitBit's sleep analysis is very usable!

The great thing about using the FitBit relax is you can train your body to go into that state. A useful thing to drift off to sleep pronto 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @john-is-my-name thank you for the tip. I do have the sleep tracking function active and I usually don't sleep too badly. More than sleeping trouble I would say that I have bad habits.

One thing is for sure though a 5 min relax session is really effective and ensures I won't be taking any chemicals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do breath very slow ( which is confirmed at the hospital when doing a lung test ) .

The relax guided breathing is not relaxing at all for me , I have to breath so extremely fast. 

Best Answer