Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up 2 Fitbit devices for my kids?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello there! I've been using my charge 2 for a little bit now.

I just got new fitbits for my two children for Christmas. How do I set them up? I tried but they are too young for their own accounts and I'm not quite sure how to make this happen so they can put them on and start to wear them!

Thanks in advance!

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Here are the setup instructions.

You do need a separate email address for each device - that is Fitbit's identifier. But if that is a problem for the kids, no reason they even have to aware of the email. There are many places you can get email addresses.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Here are the setup instructions.

You do need a separate email address for each device - that is Fitbit's identifier. But if that is a problem for the kids, no reason they even have to aware of the email. There are many places you can get email addresses.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

So there is no way to put all fitbits together for traking?  I just got them for my 10 year old twins and want/need to be the one tracking them.  Your app won't let them be the identifier, I think because of their age.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, you cannot track different people on one account.  One person can have multiple devices of different types, such as a Charge 2 and an Ionic and an Alta, to switch between wearing different devices.  But one account/email cannot have more than one of the same device, or track different people.

Best Answer

@Kderiksen,you cannot put all Fitbit devices together - each needs it own account in order to track the info from the tracker, and if they were all on the same account all data would be additive.  Fitbit requires children to be at least 13 years old to set up an account for them.  You could set up email addresses on gmail for the sole purpose of setting up Fitbit accounts, and then create new Fitbit accounts with those addresses, each having a unique profile, and then add the trackers to those accounts.

Best Answer

Deleted - duplicate response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to respond! I appreciate it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

To the original poster, which fitbit did your 10 ten year old twins have? Did they like it? Recommendations?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I just saw this. I had purchased fitbits for my boys before the one for children came out. They have both been wearing the charge 2 hr with small wristbands for just over a year now and they really like them. Hope if you were looking for someone younger that you've found something perfect for him or her!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you put 2 fitbits on one smart phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you put them on their own smart phone? I want to put my mom on my phone but use her own email.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I did with my children was got them each a gmail account. On a laptop at home I sign them in to fitbit one at a time and sync them that way using the fitbit dongle. They tend to just sync once a day. They don't have phones so I'm unsure. But I wonder if you sign out on your phone then you could probably sync your mom, sign her back out and then sign in as you and keep yourself signed in until whenever you need to sync her?! Shrug. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a long way from happy with this solution.

When I enter my kids' ages, the Fitbit app insists that I set up an Ace for them.

Why can we not have parental oversight WHATEVER the model of Fitbit we've bought for them?

We didn't buy the Ace because it was overpriced and didn't hav the functionality we were looking for. We want to help our kids and ourselves manage their gaming time, which as every parent knows is a hard job.

Now our only alternative is to lie about their ages and lose control of our childrens' privacy while using the Fitbit app.

I'm an IT professional and frankly, I'm appalled by this level of incompetence by a world-renowned company. I'm thinking of taking the Fitbits back to the shop and looking for a company that takes privacy seriously.

Nick

Best Answer

I agree completely with you.

I want to decide what kind if fit bit I get for my kids.

I whant to give them my omd one if I get a new one.

I dont get why this have not been fixed when people have been talking about it from the kids ace came out.

I'm also glad for the opportunity to have famely account and kids can have fitbit.

I'm not a IT person but still I cant see what is the problem in fixing this.

Best Answer

I agree completely. My child is 11 and was keen to get the inspire so I bought it for his birthday and now I can't set it up for him. So frustrating!

Best Answer

I agree! My son doesn’t need a kid version watch, he saved and purchased his own Fitbit and then mom has to lie about his age. FitBit really?! We obviously don’t want 1 option for our kids.

Best Answer

Yes, there's no technical reason for only Ace products to work with Child accounts. It's an arbitrary restriction - I'm sure it's meant to pump up sales of the Ace devices rather than allowing kids to use their parents' old Fitbits.

Best Answer

This is unbelievably stupid, sorry.  My ten year old thinks the Ace models are fir babies, and justifiably so really.  We got him a Charge 4.  Now we have to teach him to lie about his age and it’s just garbage.  Total, utterly unnecessary garbage.  Thanks Fitbit.  I hope my child loses all interest in your brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

2022 and this is still an issue... unbelievable Fitbit. Get with the times. Ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

I would like to clarify some important points. If you have more than one Fitbit Ace, you can create a Family account with only 1 email address and set up different child accounts to control who your kids connect with in the Fitbit app, and see how active they are each day. You can definitely connect multiple Ace trackers to one mobile device. For more information, please visit this article.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services but at the moment there are no plans to set up Fitbit Ace devices to regular accounts for adults as stated in this feature suggestion.

We recommend kids wearing just those Fitbit devices designed for them which are the Fitbit Ace series. Please be aware that if the information entered in the Fitbit app is not accurate, the stats won't be accurate either. For information about the Fitbit's privacy policies, please visit this article.

I am going to close this thread since it is too old, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes