Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Tracking Extra Floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

14 floors so far today. Same problem as Versa by the looks of it🙁 Only walked up 1 small flight of stairs. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
157 REPLIES 157

@ShaunMcGill I hope you're doing well! Thanks for taking the time to report the situation you are experiencing with your Charge 3 tracking floors.

In this case, there are a couple of things that may be causing your tracker to record extra floors. It's inner altimeter will calculate altitude based on atmospheric pressure. Pressure changes due to things like weather or gusts of wind may record floors. Check more information here.

Now, if the tracker continues to do this everyday;  please perform a restart on it. That should certainly help you out with this.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thanks, but that is the stock answer whenever floors come up on the Versa and Charge 3. Fact is that everyone I know with a Versa has this problem and I have had 3 of them. They all fail in this area. Seems like a sensor/design issue that Fitbit fail to admit to. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem and been up no stairs and keeps adding steps 

Best Answer

Mine seems to count extra floors also.  Every day I go up and down 2 flights of stairs as well as using the elevator to go up 4 floors to work.  Seems to be counting 10 flights of stairs...didn't know I could get fit by riding the elevator up to my office!

Best Answer

I had a Charge HR, and there was a thread the size of TX about this issue. I don't expect they'll ever be able to fix it...

Best Answer

I have the same issue here as well. Only up one floor in my house and already in my fitbit I have 10 

Best Answer

My Charge 3 as well... just started using it today... It is very flat here and I live in a ranch style house... no stairs... My Charge 3 says I have gone up 57 flights of stairs so far today... never had an issue with my Charge 2

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

Had 2 floors. Drove for 30 mins. Now got 13 and 200 extra steps. Rediculous. 

Best Answer

Same issue here. I’ve done 42 floors according to my Charge 3 rather than the actual 4.

I’ve restarted my tracker and it’s definitely not being caused by the weather - it’s a nice calm, sunny day in London!

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Charge 3, Blaze (Retired), One (Retired) / iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.2)

Please visit Fitbit Help if more help is needed

Best Answer

Yep 31 floors today when I’ve only done 4 xx

Best Answer

Same here. I got the impression that stairs going down are counted as well, as the number of stairs measured throughout the day roughly is double my stairs down count. 

Best Answer

My Charge 3 has been doing this for the past few days 😞

On Friday, I walked up and down one flight of stairs at the gym and it said I did 10 floors. On Saturday, I didn't go up any stairs and it said I did 1 floor. Today, I went up and down one very small set of stairs and it said I did 23 floors.

This is very upsetting!

Force, Charge 3 (Currently Testing as of 10/08)
Best Answer

The Charge 3 seems to be multiplying the actual floor count by a factor of 10. I went on a 4 mile walk today with an elevation change of MAYBE 40 feet... Charge 3 says I went up 47 floors : = )

AND that was AFTER the firmware update...so that wasn't one of the things fixed.

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

Add me to the list of amazing climbers, the floor count is insane.

Best Answer

I've had my Charge 3 for a few days and each day it's counted dozens of flights of stairs in error.  Today I did an aerobics class (which wasn't even a step class) and it recorded 33 flights of stairs during that 45 minute class.  I'm now at 42 flights today and haven't gone up any stairs and it's a beautiful, calm day outside.  I didn't have this issue with my Charge HR.  Is there a fix for this, or do I have to live with it?  I've restarted the Charge 3 with no improvement.  Alternatively, is there a way I can turn off the stairs climbed indicator on the Charge 3 (not the app, where I know I can remove it). Thanks.  

Best Answer
Unfortunately, I returned my Charge 3 and opted for the Versa because of
this issue. I haven't had any problems with the Versa since I got it on
Monday.

I'm hoping that some update will come to the Charge 3 soon that will fix
this frustrating issue.
Force, Charge 3 (Currently Testing as of 10/08)
Best Answer

20 flights of stairs and over 8000 steps yesterday when I was sitting on my couch resting after having a TIA. rather disappointing

Best Answer

Charge HR2 didn't have any such issues. My steps count is almost double now every day 😎

Best Answer

same here. Made a restart, but it is 20 floors since early morning. and i`ve climbed something like...one. Any update from team?

Best Answer