Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Tracking Extra Floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

14 floors so far today. Same problem as Versa by the looks of it🙁 Only walked up 1 small flight of stairs. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
157 REPLIES 157
I tried the Apple watch for a few days and found every metric to be less accurate than my charge 2. All steps, floors, heart rate, and tbus calories were wildly off. 

Godspeed, fellow traveller!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Lol. I'm sorry. I climb 2 flights 10-14x a day, I have colitis and mine tracks 1-3 flights. Ugh

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Got a Charge 3 special edition yesterday, but I’m having the OPPOSITE problem!!

i purposely did flights of stairs in my home as a workout for 15 minutes straight. I did seriously about 40 trips up and down that standard 12 stair step staircase. But my Fitbit got stuck at 29 floors!

at first I thought maybe I wasn’t seeing it right, or that there was a delay of some sort. I did another flight up and down. No change. 

I did  ANOTHER flight up and down. Nothing. 

Did another 5 flights up and down my 12 step staircase, and FINALLY, it registered the 30th floor!

WTH?!

Why is this happening?!

Gonna kill my knees!

Best Answer
0 Votes

One time I got a reward for doing 25 floors in one day. I just thought it was the way you walk. I guess we can walk like we're climbing floors sometime. technology is only as good as those who made it. I really hope we can find a way to make their products better. Cuz I don't want to go with any other brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit replied via Facebook.
They said I might have had the band too tight and when it’s too tight and your skin sweats, it can mess up the tracking.
I loosened the band and did more stairs; it tracked properly.

Odd though. I mean, it’s an EXERCISE tracker, and when you exercise, your skin sweats!!! Lol!
Makes me wonder how accurate other features are when I sweat... 🙁

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

I have the same issue.  I had a charge 2 and had no issues.  A friend gave me a charge 3 and it keeps adding floors.  I've reset it twice and I never wear my fit bit tight.  Today I have 102 floors and I can tell you I absolutely did not climb that many.

Best Answer

My fitbit records one floor climbed in the process of coming downstairs for breakfast and another going back up again.   On Fridays I work as a garden volunteer for the National Trust and typically have a busy day of outdoor activity.  Last Friday I recorded 87 floors climbed, 17,313 steps, 10 out of 10 active hours, and over 6 hours of fat burn but only 38 minutes of activity! In other words it's a load of meaningless nonsense and my fitbit has now joined the various other odds and ends in the back of my drawer. I may get round to selling it to some other sucker on eBay.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I heard back from Fitbit via Facebook and via community.

They told me Fitbit doesn’t record downstairs movement. Only going UP STAIRS . It has a altitude sensor in it, and when you use steps to climb at least 10 feet, the sensor senses a change in barometric pressure and records 1 floor climbed.

If you didn’t actually climb any stairs and your Fitbit registered floors, it is apparently a glitch that occurs when there is a barometric pressure low in the WEATHER. (Ex: when there is heavy cloud cover and a storm is coming or you are actually in a storm outside.). This glitch can occur when you open a window , they said. It changes the barometric pressure in a room.

Mine was NOT registering some floors I climbed because 1) I paused a few times while climbing and didn’t get to the minimum 10 feet altitude change , and Fitbit stooped recognizing the rest of the floor afterwards, since the remaining change wasn’t 10 feet either. 2) I had the wristband too tight and the sweat and lack of air beneath the tracker interferes with the altitude sensor’s measuring of barometric pressure changes.

Once I loosened the wristband and dried the back of the tracker, and stopped pausing during a climb up the stairs, it correctly tracked all the floors I subsequently climbed, with no further glitches. 😊

Regarding the lack of “activity”, that feature involves specific sustained movement at an elevated heart rate and calorie expenditure, and is tied to specific activities like real walking, running, biking, aerobics, biking, swimming, etc (see your Fitbit for the full list included and how you can start the tracking of these specific activities) Note that simulated activities are not tracked: stationary bikes, elliptical machines, etc (which I DO find annoying and disappointing)

Don’t worry about that feature (activity) as much as the calories burned feature. It is ultimately tracking your actual activity., whether it involves your feet stepping in the real world (tracked by GPS) or not.

Explore your Fitbit features thoroughly before giving up on it!
😊

If you’re

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
Do you work for them?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Fitbit employee?

Best Answer

BS. There’s are a ton of Charge 3’s out there with faulty altimeters that Fitbit foisted on their buyers. They won’t or can’t hold there suppler responsible and are just sticking it to their consumers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think 10 months is long enough to explore a gadget of this sophistication, don't you? I give up on it because of multiple disappointments, not just the altimeter.  As you point out, its recording of activity in the gym is patchy at best. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the two sent it back moved to the three de tint bank. Given up and paid out for an iwatch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Finding info about the features is the thing I found to be most annoying. There should be an easily found tab .

Found this by chance yesterday and thought if you:
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1379

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Huh? Me?! No!!! Not at all! I’m a teacher in a preschool! Lol

Just passing on information regarding my issue, and trying to help out other Fitbit users. I appreciate help from other community members so just doing my part.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
No!

Just passing on the info I received and learned about.

Geez.

I thought that was what this community forum was for ?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

I could almost believe the line fitbit gives you about barometric pressure affecting the fitbit, because major changes usually gives me headaches.  I say almost believe because I know it to be untrue.  I have days at work where I am so busy I barely leave my desk.  when I get home I'm too mentally tired to bother try getting in all my steps.  On these days my steps are very low, because as I said I don't leave my desk.  One day I noticed I really had only taken about 3000 steps, and it still read 48 stairs.  This was also on a day where we had multiple days of nice weather with no real change in barometric pressure.  So they are full of crap.  I'm not getting rid of mine at this point because the steps seem at least close to accurate, I just don't use the stairs feature.

Best Answer

Mine is seemingly multiplying floors by 3. I have done several resets and no change. Started about 2 weeks ago. 

Best Answer