Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Tracking Extra Floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

14 floors so far today. Same problem as Versa by the looks of it🙁 Only walked up 1 small flight of stairs. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
157 REPLIES 157
Thanks - I will check it out! I returned my Charge 3 today and went back to using my Charge 2 but the face has a crack (apparently that is an inherent flaw of the Charge 2), so it may be just a matter of time before it malfunctions.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe that explains why I was able to buy a new Charge 3 pebble on eBay for 50% of the cost of a new Charge 3 from Amazon!
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a shame that products can get worse with newer models. The floors feature has me at 5 floors climbed this morning, though I know the real number is. And the number gets exaggerated much greater as the day goes on. I know my Charge 2 didn't do this. The stat is worthless for the Charge 3. What a shame, Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the high amount of floors climbed recorded by your Charge 3. I appreciate all your comments regarding this situation. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with the Fitbit products and I want to thank all of you for the time you took to share your thoughts with us. As mentioned before we take in consideration all the feedback our users provide and we're working everyday to be the best fitness company.

As @SantiR mentioned, Fitbit is currently aware of this situation, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future.

Please perform a restart to your device. That should certainly help you out with this.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the comment which makes a lot of sense. However, there is a contradiction-

"Fitbit is currently aware of this situation, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future." This seems to be the case.

"Please perform a restart to your device. That should certainly help you out with this."

I have not seen this help anyone who has this problem and it contradicts what you wrote above? A restart does not work, we all know that.

Best Answer

On Wednesday we drove from Normandy down to the Dordogne in France - a journey that took some 7 hours in our camper van. We stopped for a picnic lunch and a couple of other comfort breaks.  Somehow I clocked up 6,500 steps and 40 floors!

Best Answer
0 Votes

yup. same problem. I suspect it tracks my elevator rides 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I first got the Charge 3 the floor count was a bit crazy, then magically it got better. The floor count is now completely out to lunch. I live in a flat town in a one story house and yet I get high floor counts. I seem to get them while gardening (bending) and mowing (maybe vibration).

Since I don't actually do stairs I removed the tile from my dashboard, but unfortunately there is no way to remove it from the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FIX THIS. A SERIOUS FLAW!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sent my FRIED Fitbit Charge 3 back to them over a month ago. They promised to send me a replacement. It's going on SEVEN weeks now! This is unacceptable and will factor in my decision for my next tracker purchase. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I first contacted them with my miscalculation of stairs, they wanted me to send my Charge 3 in also to "analyse" the problem. Then I would get a replacement IF they found a problem. I pointed out A) this seemed to be a frequent problem judging by comments and B) I did not want to be without my tracker for am indeterminate amount of time. I have ignored the stair tracker. But when I had the barred screen, called again and they sent a new fob without asking me to return the old one. Still doesn't track stairs correctly, but no more bars on the screen.
Fitbit customer service has declined over the years.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer

I tried restarting my charge 3, but it hasn't sorted it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not good enough when selling an item you know is faulty!!!!

Best Answer

mine keeps registering some of my walks as outside bike rides - 

Best Answer

don't think they will until they are taken on by trades description people.  knowingly selling a defect item.

Best Answer

This has been going on so long and still it continues. They seem to have no intention to fix it, or they are unable to which is bad enough. However, the way they have acted in this forum thread alone suggests they are well aware of the problem and are actively trying to keep it low level.

Best Answer

I upgraded from a Charge 2 to a Charge 3 about a week ago.  Its floor count has been all over the place, from 21 floors last Saturday when I did a couple hours of yard work (my yard is flat), to 13 floors today even though I only climbed 2 flights of stairs at work.

Best Answer

My problem is the exact opposite. I climb our 2 flights of stairs 10-14 times a day and never get a correct count. Always too few. Right now it says 2 flights and I've gone up our 2 flights 8x already. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Charge 2 HR user here. My watch has just become guilty of this same error. I thought it was just counting crazy floors when I wore it while riding my motorcycle, but today I didn't ride and still got about 25 imaginary floors in my activity log. Bass-turds.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve given up. Sent my charge 2 back and had money refunded and have now done the same with charge 3
I’ve now spent up and bought a iwatch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes