Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Tracking Extra Floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

14 floors so far today. Same problem as Versa by the looks of it🙁 Only walked up 1 small flight of stairs. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
157 REPLIES 157

Yup my Charge 3 started counting an insane amount of floors a couple weeks ago too ... the restart did NOT do anything... 141 floors is my highest ... what a joke they should fix this bug...

Best Answer

This problem is not solved!

If you can’t get it to track floors accurately, just remove the feature from the Fitbit. I’ll count my own floors.

Best Answer

Part of the reason I got the Charge 3 over the Inspire HR *was* floor counting... Love a LOT about the Charge 3, but the floor counting isn't exactly stellar.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’d guess a lot of folks finally got a waterproof tracker with a good quality record.....then that all went away.....mine should still be working when I pitch it in the lake!

Best Answer

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL LMAO

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure the warranty helps.  To start with, Fitbit moderator should recognize the floor over-counting issue is NOT fixed and removed the “solved” tag.  Fitbit should then realize there are still many posts re: Charge 3 not counting floors properly and formally acknowledge the issue and work on a fix.  Hiding all the posts behind a thread that is incorrectly labeled as “solved” when it clearly is not just shows that the moderator is not doing a good job and Fitbit is ignoring the issue and hoping users will stop complaining.

Best Answer

Strange how the Inspire does not count floors. Same sensor inside it as the Charge 3, but with the floor tracking hidden?

I agree re the solved thread comment. At this point it feels as though the company is simply trying to hide the comments rather than fix/admit the problem. Terrible way to treat customers. 

Best Answer

Inspire and Inspire HR do not have an altimeter so they do not track floors climbed.  I bought the Charge 3 specifically for this feature as my iPhone SE does not track floors.  But then since the Charge 3 over-counts floor even when there is no altitude or atmospheric changes, paying extra for this feature is all for nothing!

Best Answer

So what did you get in place of it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right on!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Come to think of it, Charge 3 without the altimeter tracking floors has the same features and functions as the Inspire HR.  Since Charge 3 floor counting is not working anyway, all the Charge 3 users have over-paid 50%!

Best Answer
Hmmmmm . . . that does not make me feel any better!
Best Answer

Glad this problem is solved, so I can believe that my driving 6 hours and riding 18 holes of golf earned me 189 floors today!!

Best Answer

I am going to look at the Apple watches this weekend and take my waste of money FitBit Charge 3 and toss it in the garbage.  The customer service from FItBit has gone to the garbage as well.  They used to care in the beginning but now everything is scripted.  **ahem**S  

Best Answer

What warranty?  lol 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately it is the only one that I can swim with. 😫

Best Answer

If you still want to give Fitbit business (and that is a big IF), Inspire HR is swim proof and has all the features of Charge 3 minus the altimeter which doesn’t work right counting floors anyway.  And it is 50% cheaper.  That’s why I commented earlier all the Charge 3 users effectively over-paid by 50%!

Best Answer
Thanks! May look into the Inspire.
Karen

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I live in Florida and got 188 floors one day.  Elevation 15'.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
Woo hoo. Me too. I think Fitbit got a bunch of devices from China with defective altimeters and they can’t hold their supplier responsible so they’re sticking it to the consumers.
Best Answer