Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Tracking Extra Floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

14 floors so far today. Same problem as Versa by the looks of it🙁 Only walked up 1 small flight of stairs. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
157 REPLIES 157

Had mine for about a month but regrettably had to finally bid farewell to my C3. I held out as long as I could, trying to love it for all its good points; but, on top of everything else that was wrong, when I noticed that just by washing my hands it was recording steps with me standing in one spot, that was it. Said my goodbyes and sent it along its merry way. Like a bad break up you knew was coming, even though you tried everything to make it not happen Smiley Tongue

Best Answer
No fix for the over counting stairs.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks !
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine seems to be counting more accurately since the update. I remain cautiously optimistic.

-Clint H
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been told if you walk up a slight hill or elevation that is counted as stairs , so annoying  especially as I live in a flat area but it still counted 17 sets of stairs 

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 hours of just riding in the truck today, but have no fear, still have 5500 steps and 17 floors, I’m killin this fitness thang!

Best Answer
No answer other than my fault if I bought a band other than a Fitbit band.  Which I did not.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Well, at least Fitbit is reading these comments. I know that because they sent me a message that any post I mentioned in this thread that referred to other trackers which may record steps and floors correctly were being removed because competitors can’t be mentioned here and that would be off topic to refer to another tracker that works correctly. My C3 is still giving me too many floors and thousands of extra steps while driving...

Best Answer

add me to the list, used to struggle to do 10 floors with my surge now I regularly do a hundred and nothing has changed with my routine.

I have a few threads going about my issues. (needs to stop logging steps and floors when a bike workout is going) 

Wake up go DOWNSTAIRS ride 15 miles to work, workout stops itself 10% of the time and when I get good bike data, I get thousands of steps and hundreds of floors. Crazy

"upgraded" from a super reliable surge and starting to regret it. 

FITBIT PLEASE SORT SOMETHING OUT I LOVE MY CHARGE 3 BUT I NEED GOOD DATA

Best Answer

Why did you switch from the surge? I came from a flex, and charge and a One fob because something was finally waterproof, and the solution was the worst of the bunch...

Best Answer

Agree FITbit needs to fix the extra floor and step counting!!!  ASAP. I love my Charge 3 for swimming. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am at 9002 steps and the charge 3 says I have done 58 floors...IMPOSSIBLE....I never had any issues with the charge 2.  I wish I never bought the charge 3.  It's JUNK...JUNK...JUNK...

Best Answer

Resetting the band does absolutely NOTHING...It's like going to the dr and being told you have a virus when the dr really doesn't know what you have.

FITBIT resetting the band is a cop out answer because you f*cked up the Charge 3.  Total waste of money.  I am ready to leave fitbit after 8 years to an apple watch.

Best Answer

I can't wear it on my motorcycle - A 20 minute ride, on flat terrain - with huge gloves covering well past my wrists (so no wind was hitting it) registered 98 floors! 😛

Best Answer

I had 97 floors in a 20 minute ride! My Charge3 was covered by longish gloves, so no wind was hitting it. Terrain was flat, AND my bike is NOT a hog, so there was not crazy vibration going to the handlebars... 😉

Best Answer

Hello??? Fitbit? Are you there? No, you are not. You just ignore the situation. Buy an Apple Watch or a Garmin- my advice. 

Best Answer

I'll try restarting it but I'm not sure why it recorded 40 floors today on a drive down to Brighton (and a similar number coming home).  It's not as though I took any steps in this period!

Best Answer

Don’t mention Garmin, Shaun, I did in this thread and got a message from FB that my post was being removed for being ”off topic”. I guess an “off topic” post is anything that mentions a tracker brand that works correctly.

Best Answer

Oh I know. That’s why I did it, to see if they do view these conversations. 

Best Answer

Is that all you get? Tens of people register an issue, one bloke pops up and says 'reboot' and then Fitbit ignore the fact that this does sod all?

My charge 3 was working ok (ignoring the counting steps/floors while driving, no problem, happy to take it off when doing so), then a week ago I suddenly did 228 floors in a day. Woke up this morning having already done 20. Clearly an issue, does anyone know how long the warranty lasts?

Best Answer