Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Vibration motor stronger on the Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the Vibration motor stronger on the Charge 3?

Boy the Charge 2 is weak and I have to set two alarms to get woke up.

Is the motor larger/stronger?

Can anyone out there on the Beta test team or someone in Fitbit company respond on this question?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Charge 3 vibration motor is somewhat stronger than the Charge 2 from my quick tests.

Also note that there is a vibration strength setting you can change on the Charge 3 from "Normal" to "Strong", but I can't tell any difference between the two...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Is the silent alarm on the Charge 3 stronger than it was on Charge 2?

Best Answer

We simply don't know that kind of detail yet.

Best Answer

If this is true, I am in on getting one..

There's a more robust alarm, calendar, time, weather.. see this article:

https://mashable.com/2018/08/20/fitbit-charge-3-hands-on/#DI9yxxkVqkqR

Best Answer

Im afraid there is no answer to that at the moment!  You'll have to wait until they are out there.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Would really like someone who is testing this product to let us know. I would return it immediately if the vibration is weak. The Charge HR has a great vibration but the Charge 2 was redesigned and the motor is rather weak and useless. There were suggestion on somehow making the vibration longer to no avail.

So again..someone out there in the Community is BETA testing this. Please let us know.....

Best Answer

I'm in full agreement with you.

I came from the Fitbit Charge HR and the thing that bothers me about my Fitbit Charge 2 is the vibration. It is so weak compared to what I got on my Fitbit Charge HR.

There are times when I can't even feel the vibration from the Fitbit Charge 2 when I'm asleep (when the Fitbit Charge HR wouldn't have a problem waking me up or alerting me). Sometimes when I set an alert at work, I will also miss the vibration notification generated by the Fitbit Charge 2. The vibration on it is pathetic.

I'm hoping that the vibration on the Charge 3 is comparable to what it was with the Fitbit Charge HR.

Best Answer

Since the dimension are a little bigger,, just maybe they put a bigger/better vibration motor in this one.

Should be easy for someone at FitBit to answer this question?

Best Answer

I would like to know this too, the vibration is the biggest flaw on the iconic, I would buy the Charge 3 and give my iconic to a family member or something if it was, but not gonna even think about buying it til confirmed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is a fantastic question. The vibration on my Charge 2 wouldn't wake up a newborn, let alone "notify" anyone of anything whatsoever. Sometimes I wonder if the Fitbit engineers ever wear the products they build.  

Best Answer

Still waiting for someone who has tested this or from a Fitbit team member to answer the question.

I am hoping that the motor/vibration is bigger and better??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just replying to get on the thread.

Water use would be very nice but if there is no improvement on vibration I would never buy one.

It would have been nice it the charge cable did not change.

Best Answer

The Versa has a stronger vibration than the Ionic, so hopefully they are going to keep the vibration at least on par with the Versa.  My Ionic vibration was soooo weak.  Versa is pretty solid.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Still waiting for someone who has tested this or from a Fitbit team member to answer the question.

@Heather-S wrote:

The Versa has a stronger vibration than the Ionic, so hopefully they are going to keep the vibration at least on par with the Versa.  My Ionic vibration was soooo weak.  Versa is pretty solid.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FItbit  Where are you to answer????

Best Answer

Of course they're not going to answer....  Fitbit doesn't really care that so many people are not happy with the weak vibration motor in the Charge2 and Ionic.  My ChargeHR was fantastic, would wake me up without any problem...  the Charge2 sucked, the Ionic was a teeny tiny bit better than the Charge2 but still not enough to wake me and I'm not a heavy sleeper.  So frustrating having to go back to an audible alarm, I really liked the vibration alarm and waking up to quiet!!  I think we can take the lack of response from Fitbit as a sign that they have NOT changed the vibration motor and that it's still very weak.  I bought the Ionic after reading it had a better vibration motor but that's not the case...  won't be buying another Fitbit without a good vibration option!  It's too bad, the product is great other than that.

Best Answer

I'd like to know as well.

Best Answer

Sooo... why exactly is this an important feature for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you saw we have more than 700 views in this post!!! Why? You can just read the previous posts to get your answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

we like the fitbit platform and see this as a flaw on the last few watches, we keep hoping the next one is the one it will be addressed in.... and remember, it used to work, then something changed in the newer models, not sure if newer developers, cheaper hardware or what, but the only why things change is if people help fitbit to be aware of the desire to have this issue addressed

Best Answer
0 Votes