Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Vibration motor stronger on the Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the Vibration motor stronger on the Charge 3?

Boy the Charge 2 is weak and I have to set two alarms to get woke up.

Is the motor larger/stronger?

Can anyone out there on the Beta test team or someone in Fitbit company respond on this question?

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Unfortunately, I returned my 2nd Charge 3 because after several hours of problem determination I concluded that if you have a laptop or PC using the Charge 3 will not connect / pair. Why, I don't know? I did pair it with a old Fitbit dongle but it has limited function after that. Clock faces stink only 5 of them!!!

However, the vibration is pretty good on strong much better than the Charge 2... maybe similar to the Charge HR. I set 2 alarms this morning 457a and 459am an felt them both.

Screen brightness isn't that much better than a charge 2.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Yes, it is horrible in the Charge 2. I sleep with earplugs (husband makes too much noise when he sleeps) and I depend upon the silent alarm (vibration) to wake me up. When my original Charge HR broke and I updated to the Charge HR 2, I slept through the vibration every morning!  I returned it and found a retailer that still had "old" first generation Charge HRs available. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the Charge 3 vibration strength. Thanks for sharing your experience about this.

I'm happy to read that the vibration on the Charge 3 is stronger and that you do feel your alarms and notifications. 

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge HR, Charge 2, and as of today a Charge 3. The Charge 3 vibration is noticeably less than the Charge HR. The Charge 3 vibration is not significantly greater than the Charge 2. There is not a noticable difference in the “normal” and “strong” vibration setting on the Charge 3. I am very dissapointed!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for taking the time to post your experience on this thread regarding the vibration strength. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

In this case, I'd recommend creating a Feature Suggestion asking for a stronger vibration for Charge 3. This way, other users can vote for the idea ans share their feedback there as well.

Let me know if you create an idea. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my Charge 2 (handed down) there was a definite difference between the vibration strength selections, and both were good.

On my Charge 3 (returned yesterday)  both selections felt the same and the vibration was strong. 

On my Ionic, both vibration selections feel the same and the vibration is strong. BUT this Ionic replaced one which did not vibrate at all (thank you Fibit for the exchange...the replacement is fantastic). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the works as well as suggestions for stronger vibration for Charge 2....

.... nothing will change

Sent from my iPhone

Very Best Regards,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 3 - The vibration is not strong AND I can’t feel any difference  between the normal and high vibration settings. This issue with the is all over message boards too 

Best Answer

I think the vibration is SLIGHTLY stronger over the Charge 2. I also see no difference between weak and strong. I think this is a fail on FITBIT's part. It was clear from other threads people wanted something close to the HR... this is not even close.

Best Answer

thank you for the update, glad I did not buy one then, will just stick with iconic for now if no improvements

Best Answer

I haven't seen the difference in normal and strong either. I liked the silent alarm on the Charge 2. I wish there was a setting lower than normal on Charge 3. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem as you and many others, I have it on strong and cannot feel it vibrate at all. Did vibrate strong when I first purchased it. Something should be done to be able to get a very strong vibration as lots of Fitbit 3 users are not happy. 

Best Answer

Hopefully now that google has bought them they will address this, fitbit has refused to address this for years now

Best Answer

Thank you I do hope so as it is so frustrating miss many calls and notifications. 

Best Answer