Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swim length tracking charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just done my first swim with charge 3 and it only shows time on the tracker (there is a clock on the wall for that) so my question is whether there is any way for it to show length count  in real time while swimming?

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

I don't swim so don't know for sure but did you try tapping on the time? I had the same issue when tracking a walk and then discovered by tapping the screen I could scroll through all the other relevant stats during my walk.

Tested it out and no it doesn't work. Sorry!

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Charge 3, Blaze (Retired), One (Retired) / iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.2)

Please visit Fitbit Help if more help is needed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kathy

i bought my Charge 3 specifically to use when swimming.

I assumed it would do a live length count whilst swimming (like the Fitbit Versa does but I didn’t like this device as too big and the battery goes flat quickly). Sadly however the Charge 3 does not provide live the number of lengths whilst doing the exercise! Crazy decision by Fitbit to only display a timer for swimming, not least as most pools have a clock on the wall.

I really hope Fitbit provide an update to allow live pool length tracking soon!

Best Answer
I agree, seems pointless otherwise - distance or number of lengths would be much better, whoever decided to just put a timer is obviously not a swimmer!

Thanks for confirming my doubts!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had the fitbit versa which I loved but was too big. Iv now got the fitbit charge 3 and I hate it. Waste of money. I swim 5 days a week  and it's useless so far. Today I swam 50 lengths and it said I only swam 9 lengths.  I wish I still had my fitbit versa now but I sold it. I'm not a happy person. 

Best Answer

Hi. The lengths are supposed to be shown on your phone. I'm not happy with it as today I swam 50  lengths and it said I had only done 9 . Wished I'd never bought it. 

Best Answer
Does it need gps to be accurate do you think?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my GPS on all the time. It wasn't a problem when I had my fitbit versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe that’s why the charge3 doesn’t track accurately because it does not have gps? I hope it is something they can remedy as it is hard to keep count of lengths while swimming!
Thanks for your comments

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My fitbit versa didn't have GPS but it was very accurate at counting lengths. 

Best Answer

I had a discussion with customer service about the same issue, @Poppylove. I swam about 30 lengths, got credited with 4. In the end they basically told me that they acknowledge there is a problem, but they do not anticipate having a fix for it anytime soon. It's crazy that they had it working in the Versa but now not in the Charge 3.

Best Answer

Thank you Sean for trying - let’s hope Fitbit can make this change for us 😊 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit have said they will go on my account and fix the problem at their end. I'll let you know if they fix it for me. 

Best Answer
Thank you! Good luck! 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit said they are aware of the problem but don't think they will be fixing it in the future. Think I'll take it back and see if I can get a refund. I only wanted it for swimming 

Best Answer

Im having a similar problem with the Flex 2 and Fitbit have admitted there is a fault with swim accuracy on that device too. I am really irritated and find it outrageous that they continue to market and sell these products knowing they are not fit for purpose. Plus their moderators and groupies all keep coming back with the same cut and paste replies...re-sync, re-set, switch off, re-install the app etc etc. None of which work. Do they not think we've all had enough of shoddy advice and just want devices that work and do what they are supposed to do from the start? I am sure they are contravening trading standards legislation and is something I am looking into. I refuse to be fobbed off by them anymore.

Best Answer
It is frustrating especially as it is technology they have working in other devices they make. I quite like the 3 and same as others I waited for it to be released for its waterproof and swim benefits.
I will keep it in hope they fix it and update the software soon

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Iv returned my charge 3 to Argos for a refund. I'll stick with the versa, I know its good for swimming 

Best Answer

Iv returned my charge 3  for a refund. I'll stick with the versa, I know its good for swimming. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem is I do really like the Flex otherwise, its neat and you can change the bangke etc and it's spot on with steps an recognises what I'm doing. I just get very annoyed knowing they will not take responsibility for ongoing sale of these devices when there are so many accuracy issues. We cant all be wrong and they will not answer specific questions. Christmas coming up and theyll be bought as gifts. Its bang out of order.

Best Answer
0 Votes